So do we have any updates from our reporters? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

So do we have any updates from our reporters?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But do you think Bouk should come back next year? I'm not quite clear as to your position on that. Please tell us the exact same thing 5 or 6 more times. I will surely get it then.
Chief is patient about repeating himself so that even casual fans can understand his message. It is all part of the grind.

Reaction Score
I did hear Geno being asked this exact question directly. He said he didn't have the answer, but, at least the very reasonable question was asked. Based on the sly smile he had, my money is on the fact that Connecticut health honchos didn't know the Arkansas situation.

C

Chief00

Here's how this is gonna go.

The team? They just do what they are told. Hurley can't wear a mask right, you think he is going to understand the nuances of DPH from state to state? Not his call, nor should it be.

Athletic directors office. They follow DPH guidelines. They have said this on numerous occasions. There is no flexibility. You can't argue with them.

DPH...are you kidding me? There is a global pandemic. There is no special super exemption for UConn basketball. The rules are clearly stated from the governor on down. There is no flexibility. UConn is allowed to play (while high school and others aren/t) precisely because they have protocols that are beyond what normal places do. But once an infection is in the area. It's over. They go into close contact protocols as determined by medical personnel.

Here's something I was told from admin in AD department a couple of months ago.... You can't look at what other states and programs do and say why this and why that (fans in stands in some places for example). That's the state's rules and they are in effect and non-negotiable. You have to deal with the state you are in. So where something happens has a huge effect on the response.

Are the rules applied evenly? No. That's just the way it is and is a reflection of the 50-state solution to this virus.

California lost the Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl. I am frustrated too. But, you are knocking your head against a wall if you are trying to make sense across state lines at the response.

You can ask 100 different ways. It is all going to lead back to the same response.
I would get banned posting about CT DPH, but
I will say high level, Chief couldn’t disagree more. That department is a national outlier and a disgrace of gross incompetence, which is well documented in various news stories during recent years. I will stop there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
As Chief been saying a new day.
UConn MBB went on pause January 27th. Geno’s quote came after his game on the January 28th (which means he got approval from UConn Medical staff before that).

Would seem if it was a “new day” - MBB would have had a truncated pause - no?

C

Chief00

UConn MBB went on pause January 27th. Geno’s quote came after his game the on January 28th.

Would seem if it was a “new day” - MBB would have had a truncated pause - no?
Stand by my comment 100%. We are not living in the horse and buggy days. Outside of Randy’s UConn football domain you reside in - lots of change can happen in a day. It may take a few days for it to settle in, awareness of the change to be understood and be communicated to all stakeholders; but make no mistake we will no longer be a national outlier.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Stand by my comment 100%. We are not living in the horse and buggy days. Outside of Randy’s UConn football domain you reside in - lots of change can happen in a day. It may take a few days for it to settle in, awareness of the change to be understood and be communicated to all stakeholders; but make no mistake we will no longer be a national outlier.
Thanks, Chief.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We're just going to ignore the introduction of "High Level" chef to the BY?
Lol. I think he was missing a comma or two and meant that his pointed comments were reserved for the high level of the CT DPH, so as not to disparage the common worker people. Because Chief is, above all, a man of the people.

But I like your read, too. "High level Chief" makes me think of Robert Parish!

Reaction Score
I would get banned posting about CT DPH, but
I will say high level Chief couldn’t disagree more. That department is a national outlier and a disgrace of gross incompetence, which is well documented in various news stories during recent years. I will stop there.
Love you chief. But dph commish isn’t gonna wanna answer sports reporter questions.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Wow. We just missed 2 big games because of an official. This lends credence to the idea we were dodging Nova, trying to get healthy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Love you chief. But dph commish isn’t gonna wanna answer sports reporter questions.
What if you posed as a Kazakhstani journalist wanting to make moviefilm?

Reaction Score
Wow. We just missed 2 big games because of an official. This lends credence to the idea we were dodging Nova, trying to get healthy.

This is not accurate. The difference is exposure to a known positive.

I’m not defending the state’s decision, and am I certainly not going to downplay the frustration (from fans, players, coaches,,,) from the decision. That‘s quite elevated, all around.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like your read, too. "High level Chief" makes me think of Robert Parish!
But “Cheif00” didn’t?

E1CBCF0C-7DA1-480A-87B9-3E4534F78D52.jpeg

C

Chief00

Lol. I think he was missing a comma or two and meant that his pointed comments were reserved for the high level of the CT DPH, so as not to disparage the common worker people. Because Chief is, above all, a man of the people.

But I like your read, too. "High level Chief" makes me think of Robert Parish!
Good point - added a comma.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What if you posed as a Kazakhstani journalist wanting to make moviefilm?
Very nice weather we’ve been controlling

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom