So do we have any updates from our reporters? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So do we have any updates from our reporters?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Come on guys. Don't bang on the reporters. It is zoom calls, that's it. The entrie media landscape has nothing exclusive. How you used to get different stories is you would corner a player in the locker room and ask your own question. Right now? Across the media landscape, it is just press conference. It isn't business as usual. Some of the most interesting stories I wrote was just hanging out at gampel/burton and a player or coach would walk by. You don't get that anymore.

For team-related stuff sure. But why hasn't anyone at DPH and/or the team/AD been asked the questions about game cancellations, compared to other programs? It seems like the lowest of low-hanging fruit.

Reaction Score
How about updates/some content from the program itself. We've been on pause for a week and it's like the team has disappeared off the face of the earth. How about some easy content... quick behind the scenes video, Q&A with a player, something... just anything to engage the fan base while the team isn't playing. Give me a week with this team and you'd see a whole new marketing/comms strategy in place. It's bad right now.

Reaction Score
The silence also creates a fertile breeding ground for rumors and conspiracy theories... so let's hear them, Boneyard!

Reaction Score
Come on guys. Don't bang on the reporters. It is zoom calls, that's it. The entrie media landscape has nothing exclusive. How you used to get different stories is you would corner a player in the locker room and ask your own question. Right now? Across the media landscape, it is just press conference. It isn't business as usual. Some of the most interesting stories I wrote was just hanging out at gampel/burton and a player or coach would walk by. You don't get that anymore.

The internet makes everyone an expert in everything, truly believing they could do anyone else's job better than they can. Whether the job is a lawyer, a basketball coach, an epidemiologist or, as you're now learning, a sportswriter.

Reaction Score
I brought this up in another thread, honestly I can’t believe the amount of silence we are getting with no updates on anything. Either Hurley is extremely over-the-top private with his team, or he is currently holding a grudge against the media.
7A71CD2C-573E-4631-A221-261B45718339.gif

Reaction Score
Should know more about Bouk after his appointment next week. (4th week post surgery)
The probably have had an idea for timeline for a few days now.

Reaction Score
The internet makes everyone an expert in everything, truly believing they could do anyone else's job better than they can. Whether the job is a lawyer, a basketball coach, an epidemiologist or, as you're now learning, a sportswriter.
LOL. And the dude attacking Borges. Wanted a "scoop" -- are they practicing! The answer is YES.

Great, now what the hell is the register supposed to sell that?. Enjoy the craft and stories being written.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Good points John. I think the lack of games along with the lack of any interesting stories between games just makes it feel like the season isn't even happening. Meanwhile, everybody else is playing, and perhaps, is allowing press access to staff and players.

Reaction Score
Good points John. I think the lack of games along with the lack of any interesting stories between games just makes it feel like the season isn't even happening. Meanwhile, everybody else is playing, and perhaps, is allowing press access to staff and players.
Nothing is equitable during Covid. If UConn is not playing, there is no news. You can only write so many “ Bouknight did a push up stories.”

I saw the Hurley jersey angle from Borges. Amore did a nice recruiting story. But those are one offs. You just can’t make stuff up that is of value.

The daily is at the heart an aggregator. I notice the paucity of various angles, but it is because of the dynamic. Not work ethic.

Reaction Score
How about updates/some content from the program itself. We've been on pause for a week and it's like the team has disappeared off the face of the earth. How about some easy content... quick behind the scenes video, Q&A with a player, something... just anything to engage the fan base while the team isn't playing. Give me a week with this team and you'd see a whole new marketing/comms strategy in place. It's bad right now.
Apparently they are taking the "no fans this season" to the extreme...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Do you have any insight about him returning from injury this season? I dont think you've addressed anything about his timetable of returning this year...

Its beautiful chief coverage.

If Bouk goes pro anddoesnt play another game this year "its: see? , its against chiefs wishes he didnt take my advice" if bouk stays and returns from injury and plays this year its; " Im glad bouk and his peeps listened to the chief"

Its really quite ingenious.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nothing is equitable during Covid. If UConn is not playing, there is no news. You can only write so many “ Bouknight did a push up stories.”
Whoa, I didn't see this reported.

Can you tell us more about the pushup? Was it a military pushup, or something special?

Was he favoring the left elbow?

C

Chief00

He's a first rounder in most (all?) mock drafts. There is zero chance he is returning.

time house GIF
There’s a huge difference depending on where you go in the first round. But, Chief is really looking 5 year plan. Would love to see James leave as Rip did with a NC (or at least deep tournament) and national exposure. Get stronger and consistently lead the team for a season.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
There’s a huge difference depending on where you go in the first round. But, Chief is really looking 5 year plan. Would love to see James leave as Rip did with a NC (or at least deep tournament) and national exposure. Get stronger and consistently lead the team for a season.
There's a difference between wanting to and reality. Of course we would love him to return. Who wouldn't ?

Reaction Score
How much higher than 8-10 do you think he would go after his junior year? There's very few spots to move up to and as people have already pointed out to you the $ is maximized leaving this year

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'd love to see him back too but it's not happening unfortunately. He probably saw his career flash before his eyes when that guy landed on his arm. He won't want to see that again unless he's wearing an NBA jersey.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am trying hip replacement surgery next week!

Reaction Score
I'd love to see him back too but it's not happening unfortunately. He probably saw his career flash before his eyes when that guy landed on his arm. He won't want to see that again unless he's wearing an NBA jersey.
You realize he returned in that very game where “he saw his career flash before him”, right? I don’t see why he would stay on campus, travel with the team if he’s done this yr - especially during current Covid conditions.

Reaction Score
Chief has no insight about anything. How long does it take you people to learn???
That's why i asked the question - a true insider would probably have some info here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom