So close to 14-0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So close to 14-0

Reaction Score
Not saying it is easy but think they will be favored in 5 of those 6 games and get revenge against Providence on the road

Reaction Score
not worried at all.

if the sixers have a chance without ben simmons

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There is a HUGE difference between being good enough to win and actually winning.

It’s called coaching. Unfortunately, we don’t have any.
Mau - are you seeing this?
Dr J and Mr Hyde from the chat today!!!!

The 3 games that irk me are today, Providense and WVU

Reaction Score
We are realistically 1 basket per game one way or another from 14-0
We should’ve beat Michigan State for sure
We beat Auburn who has killed everyone else.
It’s a good deep long athletic team — no doubt we can play and beat ANY team. That’s ALL u can ask. We’re gonna win our fair share of games — we’re gonna be a decent seed in the tourney and we have a chance to beat anyone. Our coaching is good— how can anyone watch and say it’s not? It was a well run team with an excellent game plan. The guys have done it game after game. We’re so darn close to being a special team!!!
Very close to 8-6 as well, actually closer to that than 14-0. Could’ve lost Auburn and VCU, Marquette as well. Be happy we won those or this place would be beyond the miserable it is.

Reaction Score
Some of these comments about our position in the Big East are laughable being 3 games in at 1-2 losing to 2 of the better teams in the conference....and forgetting the missed time of 2 of our top 3 players and the fact that we didn’t practice for the last 2 weeks....and the fact that our 4 close losses are to top 30 teams.

Let’s relax....we will get back on track against St John’s at home and begin our 6 game winning streak on Wednesday.....look at the schedule....you heard it here.
Let's not play that game...in most of our wins & loses in 8 legit games we've played the other team was also missing 1 or 2 of their top players as well. The Hall was missing Yetna, one of their best players. Bonnies were without best payer, etc.

Reaction Score
Very close to 8-6 as well, actually closer to that than 14-0. Could’ve lost Auburn and VCU, Marquette as well. Be happy we won those or this place would be beyond the miserable it is.
LOL. Very close to 13-1, 12-2, 11-3, 10-4, 9-5, 8-6, 7-7, 6-8. How might one know? Is one very close more probable the next? And by what reasoning minus your subjective nature considering players who played or didn’t play on both teams and guessing what they or may not have done. Head bang

Reaction Score
Let's not play that game...in most of our wins & loses in 8 legit games we've played the other team was also missing 1 or 2 of their top players as well. The Hall was missing Yetna, one of their best players. Bonnies were without best payer, etc.
Yep can’t control that part, Auburn was also missing on of their best players. It’s a wash… I’m just more annoyed with Hurley saying they’d be a top 5 team if they’d close games out. Maybe he’s saying that to keep his team motivated, but I don’t like that attitude at all. They aren’t close to a top 5 team the way they play in the stretch of games. Just a weird thing to say Imo.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We are not a top 5 team. Even playing at our best I don't think we beat Baylor, Gonzaga, UCLA, Duke etc. If we get hot and get the right matchups we can get to an Elite 8 but that's probably as far as it goes.

Reaction Score
LOL. Very close to 13-1, 12-2, 11-3, 10-4, 9-5, 8-6, 7-7, 6-8. How might one know? Is one very close more probable the next? And by what reasoning minus your subjective nature considering players who played or didn’t play on both teams and guessing what they or may not have done. Head bang

I explained my point of view as we got lucky in a couple wins as well. What’s your point here banging your head? It’s far from the truth? Subjective nature my butt we don’t know how to win th close ones we are far from close to 14-0, not close.

Reaction Score
We are not a top 5 team. Even playing at our best I don't think we beat Baylor, Gonzaga, UCLA, Duke etc. If we get hot and get the right matchups we can get to an Elite 8 but that's probably as far as it goes.
Elite 8? What are you smoking? If Hawkins had become the Hawkins we expected then yes absolutely.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
There is a HUGE difference between being good enough to win and actually winning.

It’s called coaching. Unfortunately, we don’t have any.
2018 - UConn finished 179th in Kenpom. Hurley’s URI team finished 52nd.
In his first season in 2019 he moved us to 98.
two years ago we finished 52nd.
last year we finished 21st which is where we’re at now despite playing without Adama Martin and Whaley for at least 1 game each.

I believe we will finish in the top 15.

Reaction Score
Mau - are you seeing this?
Dr J and Mr Hyde from the chat today!!!!

The 3 games that irk me are today, Providense and WVU
Excuse me?? No one is on Hurley more than me. Think you have me confused w someone eise.

Reaction Score
A 14-0 squad looks nothing like our squad. A 14-0 squad maybe had 1 or 2 close games at this point in the season. Literally all our games against anybody who's worth a **** have gone down to the wire. A 14-0 squad hasn't won 4 or 5 games that were a coin flip. They've won one... maybe two games that were a coin flip. If a squad plays 4 or or 5 that go down to the wire they aren't going to be 14-0. Which is where we are at.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We’re legitimately a go to scorer away from being a top 10 team. Everything else is great about this team. A Boatright would’ve been amazing for a squad like this.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
8-6 isn’t too far off. Or 7-7. You win the ones you win and lose the others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom