So close to 14-0 | The Boneyard

So close to 14-0

Reaction Score
We are realistically 1 basket per game one way or another from 14-0
We should’ve beat Michigan State for sure
We beat Auburn who has killed everyone else.
It’s a good deep long athletic team — no doubt we can play and beat ANY team. That’s ALL u can ask. We’re gonna win our fair share of games — we’re gonna be a decent seed in the tourney and we have a chance to beat anyone. Our coaching is good— how can anyone watch and say it’s not? It was a well run team with an excellent game plan. The guys have done it game after game. We’re so darn close to being a special team!!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s a good deep long athletic team — no doubt we can play and beat ANY team. That’s ALL u can ask. We’re gonna win our fair share of games — we’re gonna be a decent seed in the tourney and we have a chance to beat anyone. Our coaching is good— how can anyone watch and say it’s not? It was a well run team with an excellent game plan. The guys have done it game after game. We’re so darn close to being a special team!!!

Maybe for you, not for me.

I'd actually like a few wins against the best opponents, not just being good enough to win but actually win.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
We are the fifth best team in the Big East and aren’t even a lock for March Madness. Calm down.

Reaction Score
Maybe for you, not for me.

I'd actually like a few wins against the best opponents, not just being good enough to win but actually win.
There is a HUGE difference between being good enough to win and actually winning.

It’s called coaching. Unfortunately, we don’t have any.

Reaction Score
Realistically? No way...only if all the breaks had gone our way in each and every game. We're 4-4 in non-cupcake games - that's a long way from perfection, record wise. Seton Hall shot 54.2% against us today, and we had no one that could stop K Richmond. We also don't have an Okafor-type center to swat away opponent drives or guard back-ins. And other than the Auburn game, the really close ones that are decided by a basket or two have all been losses, so we don't really have clutch players.

Reaction Score
UConn is a stone-cold lock.
No. Need to win multiple meaningful games. The BE is very competitive this year, we have 1 BE win and 2 maybe 3 meaningful ooc wins.

We should win more games than we lose in the BE but let's not punch the ticket just yet. If 2 of the 4 close loses had gone our way the road would have been much cleaner to a bid but now it will be a rock fight in the BE for bids.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’m sick of hearing this…we are what our record says we are.

Reaction Score
Like many have said above, we are nowhere close to being 14-0. The gap between losing a close game and winning is a big one. We make too many of the same mistakes in close games and often times shoot ourselves in the foot.

Reaction Score
Making this post would be one thing if they were 13-1 or 12-2, but it’s just silly at 10-4.

They’re not close to 14-0 because they’re inept when it comes to late-game execution. That’s kind of a big deal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I suppose. But if you don’t think this team is more dangerous than most 10-4 teams, well, take a closer look at those losses. Even WVU is12-2. The other 3 are all ranked. Plus UConn was short handed in ever game but this one. I was pleased with how they responded after the long layoff.

Orc

Reaction Score
We are currently 8th place in the big east standing lol lol. Do we have a chance to move up?

Reaction Score
Lose the next 2 games and get ready for "bubble" talk to commence.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Which, as is, projects to a 22 win season and a 9 seed.

We're currently projected to go 14-4 the rest of the way, based on ESPN's matchup predictor. Going 12-6 is still a lock. Going 11-7 puts us on bubble. We were expected to lose this. If we win the ones we're supposed to win, no need to worry.
Using that methodology, Pitt could be 8-5 and have home games in the NIT. H2P!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Scrappy out of no where brings it! I think I will make his post my last read on the BY for today - talk tomorrow

Reaction Score
Is that when you will claim we are worse than DePaul?
I guess we'll find out when the games are played. On paper it shouldn't be close right?

I promise you I've been on team UConn longer than you my friend. The team played bad for stretches last year when I overreacted (like many do) but keep going to that well all you want ;).

Hard not to be a little concerned how they have played in crunch time vs good teams. They have many opportunities left but if just being better than DePaul and bottom of BE is your goal then you will always be a happy man.

Right now I personally I have no idea if this team is any better than 6th or 7th in BE when all said and done. We may not be getting alot of help from the freshman this year so it's basically the same team as last year plus Akok but without Bouk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess we'll find out when the games are played. On paper it shouldn't be close right?

I promise you I've been on team UConn longer than you my friend. The team played bad for stretches last year when I overreacted (like many do) but keep going to that well all you want ;).

Hard not to be a little concerned how they have played in crunch time vs good teams. They have many opportunities left but if just being better than DePaul and bottom of BE is your goal then you will always be a happy man.
Not my goal, I am just smarter enough to know they are nowhere near that territory.

Orc

Reaction Score
We are a bubble team. We can play with good teams but there are holes and inconsistencies in our lineup.
Currently 8th place in the standings. with many more toss up games . Yikes

Reaction Score
yeah sure, just like if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. The "we could be..." takes are some of the most inane takes on any board - FFS please stop the madness.

Reaction Score
Some of these comments about our position in the Big East are laughable being 3 games in at 1-2 losing to 2 of the better teams in the conference....and forgetting the missed time of 2 of our top 3 players and the fact that we didn’t practice for the last 2 weeks....and the fact that our 4 close losses are to top 30 teams.

Let’s relax....we will get back on track against St John’s at home and begin our 6 game winning streak on Wednesday.....look at the schedule....you heard it here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom