So Carolina transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So Carolina transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
You guys are forgetting to add "on paper" when referencing the best starting 5..... remember that 2015-2016 Tennessee squad. The fact of the matter is, you never really know what you are going to get until they get out there and toss the ball up.

Reaction Score
Who is SC s 5th? If it's Cuevas I'm not so sure they're the best.
ND s will be pretty good.

I could be the 5th starter with Wilson, Coates, Gray and Davis. And they would be very good. I think Gray is perfect complement to Wilson. You know the team much better than me. I would think between Cuevas and Bradshaw they would get decent PG play.

Who will be starting for ND ? Turner, Mabrey, Allen and ? Westbeld, Arike O, Freshman, or Patburg I doubt McGraw knows yet.

Reaction Score
Jatarie White leaving. Highly rated in HS but never got big playing time.
News article said it was the 2nd player this week. Who was the other?

Transfer season has begun ...
Jatarie was never intended to play. A'ja Wilson didn't want to play inside and Dawn recruited enough bigs to convince her she didn't have to. Two years older and two years tougher, guess who is the nation's premier post player next season?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Who will be starting for ND ? Turner, Mabrey, Allen and ? Westbeld, Arike O, Freshman, or Patburg I doubt McGraw knows yet.

Allen, Turner, and Westbeld plus 2 from the group of Mabrey, Arike, Boley, and Young. Most likely the sophomores start but the 3 freshmen (including Patberg) will play plenty.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
ND, SC, Baylor, Ohio State, Louisville and UCONN will all have strong overall starting 5s next year. Each of those teams have questions to answer at 1 or 2 positions in the lineup, some more than others..

I predict the top 10-12 teams will all be reasonable choices for the final four.. there's a case to be made for each team.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, she has family ties to Kansas, maybe lived there for a time growing up...? Little too lazy to fact check right now. She clearly supports KU Men's basketball based on her twitter. KU was the first place I thought of when the transfer news broke.
Her father, Ben Davis, played for Kansas.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, she has family ties to Kansas, maybe lived there for a time growing up...? Little too lazy to fact check right now. She clearly supports KU Men's basketball based on her twitter. KU was the first place I thought of when the transfer news broke.

Read on a few other boards (McGraw's Bench?) about Michigan State, as well. That situation might make some sense: MSU's starting center -- Jasmine Hines -- graduates this spring, but most of the other starters are coming back, including Aeriel Powers. (Powers is a redshirt junior, but have not heard about her not coming back....).

Reaction Score
Look out for Kansas with Taya Reimer, nothing official.. I just know for a fact that she visited and loved it a few weeks ago.

As far as the Gamecock transfers - both players were in line to get lots of playing time next year, White more than Duckett to be honest. White was going to be our first post player off the bench and Duckett would've likely seen a fair amount of playing time off the bench at SG.

Aside from Alaina Coates and A'ja Wilson, likely starters, we have no proven post players coming off the bench. Depth = 0. We have a 6'2 freshmen, but she's not a low post player, more of a high post/face up stretch-4. Good luck to both of them but especially Jatarie, she was injured or sick for most of her time at SC (She may have been 100% healthy for 1 week during her enrollment).. she needs a fresh start and hopefully a healthier future, the girl has loads of potential. She won't end up at Tennessee, unless she wants to sit for 2 years... but she's from NC, so you can bet your last dollar UNC, Duke and Wake Forest have already called. They'll both probably end up at ACC schools. Maybe FSU for Duckett.

Dawn will adjust, like she has before, we'll be guard heavy like her earlier teams.. but as far as personnel and style of play, we're probably going to be a completely different animal next year. You'll see a lot less Coates and Wilson on the floor at the same time next season.

Wilson needs to play at the wing more than at the top of the post on offense. It gets too cluttered up in there for her to operate.

I'm not sure she knows how to play from the wing though.

Another player I think I could make much better.

I also think Diamond Deshields needs to learn how to use her teammates more instead of trying to do everything by herself when she attacks on offense. Use the pick and roll and give and go, Diamond...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Wilson needs to play at the wing more than at the top of the post on offense. It gets too cluttered up in there for her to operate.

Dawn wants A'ja to work on expanding her game offensively this summer and going behind the arc, so I'm sure that includes playing more from the wing.

Reaction Score

Another player I think I could make much better.

I also think Diamond Deshields needs to learn how to use her teammates more instead of trying to do everything by herself when she attacks on offense. Use the pick and roll and give and go, Diamond...
DD should be initiating offense from the elbow, not the wing constantly. Reynolds should not be intiating the offense, instead should be operating from the wing. And Tea Cooper will need to get stronger with her ball handling. Mercedes Russell is nothing more than a great role player. I don't think she has the grit to truly take over a game.

Reaction Score
Allen, Turner, and Westbeld plus 2 from the group of Mabrey, Arike, Boley, and Young. Most likely the sophomores start but the 3 freshmen (including Patberg) will play plenty.

Allen and Ogunbowale at guard, Turner, Westbeld, and Boley in front court. And Young and Mabrey playing lots of time off the bench.

Loaded!

Reaction Score
She was injured a lot as a freshman and ill part of this season. She just never really developed as much as anticipated.

What was the story with Colley? I thought she was going to solve some pg issues.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Maybe this is old new, but the freshman recruit Colley, who left in January I believe, has landed in Pittsburgh, which really surprises me. Coup for Suzie M-S, but adds to the mystery of the transfer, which was rumored to be because she wanted to get closer to home. A shorter plane flight, but really? I have a hunch, but if I share it I get a whipping.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2016/1/16/10781184/south-carolina-transfer-shay-colley-pittsburgh

Pittsburgh is only a five-hour drive from her hometown (Brampton, ON). That's not too unreasonable of a drive.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I had heard Reimer was going to Michigan State but that could have been a rumor.

Honestly I don't know why White went to South Carolina. Wilson was never going to play the 3 in college. She is a post player. Plain and simple. Good luck to her wherever she goes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Pittsburgh is only a five-hour drive from her hometown (Brampton, ON). That's not too unreasonable of a drive.

I just knew I could goad someone into mapping the mileage! You know UConn is a click of a DirecTV button away from your Lazyboy!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I just knew I could goad someone into mapping the mileage! You know UConn is a click of a DirecTV button away from your Lazyboy!

Well I'm originally from Erie, PA (home to the McBride sisters!), which is between the two, so you stoked my curiosity.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I had heard Reimer was going to Michigan State but that could have been a rumor.

Honestly I don't know why White went to South Carolina. Wilson was never going to play the 3 in college. She is a post player. Plain and simple. Good luck to her wherever she goes.
I had also heard Michigan St.

Reaction Score

Cash, jones, and Williams all basically played the same position and things turned out ok for them.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Cash, jones, and Williams all basically played the same position and things turned out ok for them.

Except Cash, Jones, and Williams had different skillsets while playing the same position, which is why all three could play together. They complemented one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom