So Carolina transfers | The Boneyard

So Carolina transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jatarie White leaving. Highly rated in HS but never got big playing time.
News article said it was the 2nd player this week. Who was the other?

Transfer season has begun ...

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
They lost 3 players this year to transfer: Colley, Duckett, & White (didn't we recruit her?). Plus 5 graduating seniors.... Dawn has plenty of room for transfers now. Also, I heard Tanya Reimer is going to Michigan St but haven't seen a confirmation anywhere.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
They lost 3 players this year to transfer: Colley, Duckett, & White (didn't we recruit her?). Plus 5 graduating seniors.... Dawn has plenty of room for transfers now. Also, I heard Tanya Reimer is going to Michigan St but haven't seen a confirmation anywhere.

Did UConn ever have any interest in Jatarie White?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Dawn loses 3, wonder if Holly loses any...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
According to ESPN White considered also considered UNC, tOSU, Texas, Lady Vols.
Could her next stop be Lady Vols? She would definitely get minutes there.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
@CocoHusky - how did you quote me in this thread? I did not reply anywhere until just now...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I cut and paste from a different thread from 2014 when White committed to SC and the same question was asked-Did UCONN have any interest in White? Your answer was the most definitive.
LOL. that's funny. thanks!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Dawn loses 3, wonder if Holly loses any...
We can only hope! I suspect Tenn will be working the JUCO transfers who are available, but on paper, as usual, they should have a solid team next year.

Reaction Score
According to ESPN White considered also considered UNC, tOSU, Texas, Lady Vols.
Could her next stop be Lady Vols? She would definitely get minutes there.
Intra conference which typically means 2 yrs.
I'm sure UNC would be interested.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Look out for Kansas with Taya Reimer, nothing official.. I just know for a fact that she visited and loved it a few weeks ago.

As far as the Gamecock transfers - both players were in line to get lots of playing time next year, White more than Duckett to be honest. White was going to be our first post player off the bench and Duckett would've likely seen a fair amount of playing time off the bench at SG.

Aside from Alaina Coates and A'ja Wilson, likely starters, we have no proven post players coming off the bench. Depth = 0. We have a 6'2 freshmen, but she's not a low post player, more of a high post/face up stretch-4. Good luck to both of them but especially Jatarie, she was injured or sick for most of her time at SC (She may have been 100% healthy for 1 week during her enrollment).. she needs a fresh start and hopefully a healthier future, the girl has loads of potential. She won't end up at Tennessee, unless she wants to sit for 2 years... but she's from NC, so you can bet your last dollar UNC, Duke and Wake Forest have already called. They'll both probably end up at ACC schools. Maybe FSU for Duckett.

Dawn will adjust, like she has before, we'll be guard heavy like her earlier teams.. but as far as personnel and style of play, we're probably going to be a completely different animal next year. You'll see a lot less Coates and Wilson on the floor at the same time next season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
White has not lived up to her #7 class rank and definitely not the #1 post in the class. All of these 2014 post players, some ranked significantly below White have outperformed her in the past 2 years ( Rice-KY, White-Ill, Hillisman-TA&M, & Lorenzen-FL) IMO South Carolina was a poor choice for her because the post position at SC was stacked with Ibiam (Sr) and Coates (Fr.) who had shown near AA potential before White even stepped on Campus. It was also thought that White wanted to play PF not center but SC had Welch (Sr.) and Wilson strongly leaning towards SC. FF one year where SC makes it to FF and if White had developed at either PF or C it would have eliminated the need for SC to sign Imovbioh. I wish her well at her next stop.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Look out for Kansas with Taya Reimer, nothing official.. I just know for a fact that she visited and loved it a few weeks ago.

As far as the Gamecock transfers - both players were in line to get lots of playing time next year, White more than Duckett to be honest. White was going to be our first post player off the bench and Duckett would've likely seen a fair amount of playing time off the bench at SG.

Aside from Alaina Coates and A'ja Wilson, likely starters, we have no proven post players coming off the bench. Depth = 0. We have a 6'2 freshmen, but she's not a low post player, more of a high post/face up stretch-4. Good luck to both of them but especially Jatarie, she was injured or sick for most of her time at SC (She may have been 100% healthy for 1 week during her enrollment).. she needs a fresh start and hopefully a healthier future, the girl has loads of potential. She won't end up at Tennessee, unless she wants to sit for 2 years... but she's from NC, so you can bet your last dollar UNC, Duke and Wake Forest have already called. They'll both probably end up at ACC schools. Maybe FSU for Duckett.

Dawn will adjust, like she has before, we'll be guard heavy like her earlier teams.. but as far as personnel and style of play, we're probably going to be a completely different animal next year. You'll see a lot less Coates and Wilson on the floor at the same time next season.
Not to get all in your SC business but was White sick or injured, and what was the nature of it? This is the first I have heard this.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Not to get all in your SC business but was White sick or injured, and what was the nature of it? This is the first I have heard this.

She was injured a lot as a freshman and ill part of this season. She just never really developed as much as anticipated.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Well, first it was a foot injury (not sure of the specifics)... which lingered for a VERY long time her freshmen year and she was in a boot for the majority of the year. Then, once she actually got healthy, she had a really long bout with the flu... like, abnormally long. So long that she stopped practicing with the team. So that pretty much killed all of her freshmen year development, I believe she came back maybe a few weeks before the NCAA tournament.

Fast forward to this year... now the foot injury is a "nagging injury" that will supposedly eventually require some sort of surgery. Who really knows.. Either way, she played through the nagging injury for most of the year and picked up very little playing time. Just recently as a few weeks ago, the young lady got sick with the flu again and missed about 2 weeks and came back just in time for our post-UCONN gauntlet through the SEC regular season.

So unfortunately, she's never had the opportunity to really develop. There's talent there. I've seen it... but she needs lots of work in order to catch up to her other classmates. Transferring is actually kind of smart in her case, now.. she gets to start over at a new school, still be on scholarship, but sit out for a year and only have to worry about getting healthy and improving her game. Hope it works out for her, she's a good person.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

If I recall correctly, she has family ties to Kansas, maybe lived there for a time growing up...? Little too lazy to fact check right now. She clearly supports KU Men's basketball based on her twitter. KU was the first place I thought of when the transfer news broke.

Reaction Score

SC might have the best starting 5 in the country. " Guard Heavy" yes, if you call Gray and Davis guards - they are 6' +

Reaction Score
SC might have the best starting 5 in the country. " Guard Heavy" yes, if you call Gray and Davis guards - they are 6' +
Who is SC s 5th? If it's Cuevas I'm not so sure they're the best.
ND s will be pretty good.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I think Cuevas will blossom as a junior; she played much better late this season. We won't have nearly as much depth next season, though.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Nothing will light a proverbial fire underneath Cuevas' butt like the thought of Araion Bradshaw and hopefully Tyasha Harris coming to campus. Both of them look like year 2 starters.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
SC still in the running for Tyasha Harris form same HS a Kelly Faris. She would be a significant upgrade both defensively and offensively over Cuevas IMO. There is going to be some other strong starting fives besides ND and SC. tOSU, Baylor, MD & UCONN will be right there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom