So basically | The Boneyard

So basically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
If you don't count ESPN, ESPN2, & ESPNU as TV then I guess you are right.

edit: forgot CBS and CBS SN. I don't know about you guys, but I get both of those channels also.

Reaction Score
Yeah i know but uconn used to play nearly all their games on sny but i havent seen the games on in quite some time. its all these new sports networks like fox and nbc which im not going to pay for. i pay enough for cable.

Reaction Score
Yeah i know but uconn used to play nearly all their games on sny but i havent seen the games on in quite some time. its all these new sports networks like fox and nbc which im not going to pay for. i pay enough for cable.

ESPN 16 games

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I don't know what you have for cable but the sports package w/ Comcast is basically $10 p/month. If you are worried about watching UConn bball only just pick it up from November through March and cancel it after that. Last time I switched my cable package I actually got the Rep to give me the package for 6 months for free and it will automatically stop after that. I will start it up for football season.

I could legitimately watch almost every UConn game w/o the sports package by using ESPN3 to watch the games on ESPNU, but I find it easier to just have the package and watch what I want whenever I want.

Reaction Score

Have they played a single game this year on Fox or NBC? What are you complaining about?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
This post/thread makes no sense. If your cable package gives you SNY, but not ESPN and ESPN2, then you are the first person in the universe to have that happen to them. And UConn has ZERO games on NBC SN or FS1, so I'm not sure why you're worried about that. Sure, there are 2 more games on CBS SN and it wouldn't be shocking if you didn't get that, but the rest are on ESPN, ESPN2, and normal CBS...so what's the issue again?

Reaction Score
But they don't play any games on NBC or Fox. Are you talking about CBS Sports Network?

Here is the breakdown on coverage this year:
ESPN- 6 games
ESPN2- 8 games
ESPNU- 7 games
SNY- 5 games
CBSSN- 4 games
CBS- 1 game

Here is the breakdown last year:
ESPN- 6 games
ESPN2- 4 games
ESPNU- 4 games
SNY- 13 games
CBSSN- 3 games

If you had SNY last year, you more than likely had ESPNU. So last year you got to see 27 UConn games. If you have the same cable package this year, you are going to see 27 UConn games.

Reaction Score
That is a you problem.

Oh, and ESPN is not a new sports network, we have 21 games on that rather large television network.

If you do not want to pay for cable do not complain about them not being on TV. They have more national exposure this year than they had last year.

Your posts in this thread not only make zero sense, but they are also completely inaccurate.

Reaction Score
I've been able to watch every game this year on TV and I have an average Uverse package that is less expensive than cable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
But they don't play any games on NBC or Fox. Are you talking about CBS Sports Network?

Here is the breakdown on coverage this year:
ESPN- 6 games
ESPN2- 8 games
ESPNU- 7 games
SNY- 5 games
CBSSN- 4 games
CBS- 1 game

Here is the breakdown last year:
ESPN- 6 games
ESPN2- 4 games
ESPNU- 4 games
SNY- 13 games
CBSSN- 3 games

If you had SNY last year, you more than likely had ESPNU. So last year you got to see 27 UConn games. If you have the same cable package this year, you are going to see 27 UConn games.

That is great national exposure.

The AAC, particularly UConn, Cincy and USF, got a horrible monetary contract with ESPN compared to what the BE got with Fox and what the P5 are getting. What they lost in monies they made up in national exposure. This is where I'm in agreement with @Pudge. The conference has the opportunity to demonstrate it belongs in the discussion with other conferences. The universities in the conference have to take the initiative. If the AAC shows well in the NCAA tournament that will be significant to help keep it in future discussions and translate it into a much better financial contract down the road.

I'm with those who would love to see UConn in a conference upgrade. Barring that then the next best thing is to optimize the current conference. Statements such as those made by the Cincy AD are counter productive to the university and the conference unless people are gullible into believing that the ACC switched to Louisville primarily because of Jurich. That is oversimplifying the dynamics around their selection imo.

Anyways UConn gets monies from the BE breakup to give them time to ride out the financial losses. The number of games on television will help with recruiting, which with good coaching will keep UConn in the discussion for a long time to come.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Not true. I have ESPN, ESPN2 and SNY with Charter, and no ESPNU (No CBSSN either.) Also, you cannot watch an ESPNU game on ESPN3 unless you pay your cable company for ESPNU, so I pretty much have to find CBSSN and ESPNU games on 1st row.

The OP is still kind of weird. The team plays on TV every game. Maybe not TV he (or I) gets, but that's his (our) circumstance, not a matter of the games not being available on TV.

Reaction Score
I mean SNY loves us but their talent and production kind of suck. I don't miss it much.

Reaction Score
This is one of the weirdest threads we've had in a while here. SMH at OP.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There's always the Internet sites not named ESPN3 or WatchESPN. It's been detailed here (and probably every other Sports message board) numerous times.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not true. I have ESPN, ESPN2 and SNY with Charter, and no ESPNU (No CBSSN either.) Also, you cannot watch an ESPNU game on ESPN3 unless you pay your cable company for ESPNU, so I pretty much have to find CBSSN and ESPNU games on 1st row.

The OP is still kind of weird. The team plays on TV every game. Maybe not TV he (or I) gets, but that's his (our) circumstance, not a matter of the games not being available on TV.

I don't get ESPNU, CBSSN, FS1/2, or NBCSN in standard def. or digital cable, but I do in High Def. Maybe that is what the OP is referring to. Either way, my above post still holds re: the Internet.

Reaction Score
Blame the AAC for uconn not being on tv anymore. It's a damn shame too, I used to love watching those guys play.

Reaction Score
I don't get ESPNU, CBSSN, FS1/2, or NBCSN in standard def. or digital cable, but I do in High Def. Maybe that is what the OP is referring to. Either way, my above post still holds re: the Internet.
yeah people want to be dicks instead of understanding that not all of us have all these channels. as far as going on the internet im not a fan of it especially when i have a 55inch 1080p tv.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
yeah people want to be dicks instead of understanding that not all of us have all these channels. as far as going on the internet im not a fan of it especially when i have a 55inch 1080p tv.

Mildly puzzled by someone boasting a 55" television set is complaining about basic cable, but anywho...

These games are not on an exotic cable tier. Five of the games are on either a network or one of the two major ESPN properties. Two are on CBS Sports and one is on ESPN U.

Those are usually on the basic $9 a month sports' package and there has never been a season where some of UConn's games have not been on that sort of channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom