So Azzi Just Put This Up | Page 8 | The Boneyard

So Azzi Just Put This Up

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Snake oil
Some people doubt the efficacy of snake oil, but ask yourself this, have you ever heard of a squeaking snake?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For those bringing up Natalie and her contributions I would argue you listen to the Texas post game from Geno. Her role was not offense it was to shut down the opponent from controlling the key. As for the Ms State loss she played only in the mid second quarter for 6 or 8 minutes and did not return to the game. I can say she took an elbow to the eye late in her play time and never returned

Here is the actual game flow. you can clearly see that when Nat went in (in yellow) things changed just like in the Texas game. There was not much to report stat wise but did do enough of a job on the opponents bigs to give our other players more opportunity to score, rebound etc
1589495922713.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
But how can you say in one breath that Natalie Butler was a contributor (she was an early contributor but you're the one who has angst for us fans for not having similar "frustration" to you that UCONN didn't win late. But Natalie didn't help UCONN win late!) while then having angst for us posters who were happy with these past several years of FF?

This is the problem I'm having here with your posts which I don't understand the point you are trying to make. In other words, you can't be knocking "me" (and others) for being okay with FF's (Final Fours = "late".) while promote Natalie on here in the same breath while also acknowledging Natalie did nothing to help late. In fact, haven't you posted that you thought a big reason UCONN lost in 16-17 to Miss State was due to size? Geno didn't even think she was worth playing other than 6 minutes in that huge game yet you want to use her as an example?

Geno had an opportunity to play "the big" in Natalie that you are trying to promote and he played her 6 minutes (I was wrong before that she didn't play at all. But she played 6 minutes in an overtime game). Your main argument has been "we can't beat the big teams" and we lost to Miss State because of size yet the player could only get 6 minutes and basically do nothing.

If you're point is that they needed someone "better" than Natalie Butler as size -- I can accept that. Is that what you're trying to say? Though you realize Natalie Butler wasn't good enough and they just needed a better player, right? Because they lost by one last second overtime jump shot so they didn't needed much to win, right? Why not a better guard than Danger? In 17 minutes she was 0-1 from the floor with 1 point, 2 rebounds,1 assist and 2 turnovers. And how much of a defensive help is she as a frosh?
Clearly you are hung up on the name Natalie Butler and projecting what some other posters said about Geno not using Natalie enough. One last time: Natalie Butler is my example of a post contributor. If you don’t like the name Natalie Butler ( clearly you don’t) substitute any of the following:Kia Stokes, Freshman Morgan Tuck,& Kaili McLaren,freshman Willnett Crockett or Kelly Schumaker.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For those bringing up Natalie and her contributions I would argue you listen to the Texas post game from Geno. Her role was not offense it was to shut down the opponent from controlling the key. As for the Ms State loss she played only in the mid second quarter for 6 or 8 minutes and did not return to the game. I can say she took an elbow to the eye late in her play time and never returned

Here is the actual game flow. you can clearly see that when Nat went in (in yellow) things changed just like in the Texas game. There was not much to report stat wise but did do enough of a job on the opponents bigs to give our other players more opportunity to score, rebound etc
View attachment 54320
That is never going to fly with this crowd. Makes way too much sense. Thank you!

Reaction Score
I logged on a moment ago as I do 7-8 times a day hoping to read that Azzi has announced her verbal to UConn. One of these times I’m going to log on, and it will be there. I’m patient, I can wait. :) Stay safe everyone.

I don't get on The Boneyard without checking in to see if the commitment has happened. Paired with her buddy, they would be a showtime tandem for four years.

Reaction Score

View attachment 54320

First off- as for me-- you realize my point with arguing with Coco had nothing to do with Texas, right? I just want to set that record straight for me and you and Coco and anyone else who might chime in. As I told Coco, I had no issues with Natalie's early season contributions. They were fine. It was from Feb to March -- the 4 teams UCONN played in which the other team kept the game under 20 points.

Below is the link. BTW, I love the discussion. With that said -

Please provide the point where she took an elbow in her eye that affected her. What we did see is that after her last turnover - Geno was bringing in Collier. He didn't seem affected or make a decision by the stat you are providing.Further, I didn't see an elbow that affected her. So maybe I missed it. Not arguing. Just asking you to point it out because I don't see it. And if it hasn't happened - it makes the stat you are trying to provide irrelevant, doesn't it? Because not only does it shows Geno isn't a fan of the stat, but it could be that other players playing well, correct? Because it's a 6 minute stretch in which certain players could just seem to miss open shots or hit them during that small interval, it could be that too, isn't that correct?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't get on The Boneyard without checking in to see if the commitment has happened. Paired with her buddy, they would be a showtime tandem for four years.

One day soon, she’s going to announce her commitment. Let’s hope it’s to UConn. Regardless, the boneyard will be abuzz with that news. Everyone will want to comment on it.

Reaction Score

Which is why I renewed my season ticket.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There was some question as to where this practice court was. But after watching this video it certainly appears that the basketball playing Fudds have installed a very nice half court setup in their backyard.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does Katie have any eligibility left?
Katie was a stud. She is in the Virginia Hall of Fame for her accomplishments at Madison HS. She went to N.C. State, where she was ACC FOY, then transferred to Georgetown, where she starred. She would have been a pro if not for too many surgeries--think Shea's situation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There was some question as to where this practice court was. But after watching this video it certainly appears that the basketball playing Fudds have installed a very nice half court setup in their backyard.
That doesn't look like Azzi's yard, but it probably belongs to a friend of the family. Azzi's parents installed a hoop on the street in front of their house and spray-painted lines.

Reaction Score
First post. FYI. Azzi & I live in the same neighborhood and that is not her backyard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom