So Azzi Just Put This Up | The Boneyard

So Azzi Just Put This Up

Reaction Score
who's to say..............from what we've seen from Azzi in the past I wouldn't expect any fancy ceremony when she finally announces.............more likely it will be a very simple announcement just as Bueckers did..........if she chooses UConn it will make a pretty bleak spring much brighter........

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Can a student-athlete verbally commit at anytime or is it only during NCAA established time frames? I am guessing it's at any time but because it is the NCAA, just verifying.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Yes they can but any other school is free to continue recruiting her. Once she signs a LOI rules change a little, varies conference to conference, I believe.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Old video of Paige and Azzi hanging out at Azzi's after her injury. Short and Paige is true to personality. Of course the fact that it is put up now is meaningless....right?

BY prognosicators do not let me down.

Paige running her mouth, as usual. Azzi not taking the bait. They remind me of Diana and Sue.

Reaction Score
Yes they can but any other school is free to continue recruiting her. Once she signs a LOI rules change a little, varies conference to conference, I believe.

Once a player signs a LOI, schools are no longer allowed to recruit her. The one exception could be the Ivy's who do not use the National Letter of Intent and are not obligated to follow their rules.

Reaction Score
Hope Azzi signs, but this team looks to be very guard/small wing heavy...again. How many 5-10 to 6-2 ft guards & wings will we have?? Seems we will continue to be very thin in the post/physical player position. This strategy hasnt led us to a Title for the past several years.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Paige is currently at Azzi’s, which likely explains the sudden influx of joint content (old and new).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hope Azzi signs, but this team looks to be very guard/small wing heavy...again. How many 5-10 to 6-2 ft guards & wings will we have?? Seems we will continue to be very thin in the post/physical player position. This strategy hasnt led us to a Title for the past several years.
Our strength is clearly at the Guard and Wing spots, but there's no shotmaker like Azzi, maybe ever. We have just enough height now and are adding to it in 2021 and 2022. In addition to her hoops skill, Azzi is a great person.

Reaction Score

Umm the last 3 classes-

2020- 6'2 Aaliyah Edwards, 6'5 Piath Gabriel
2021- 6'5 Amari DeBerry
2022- 6'4 Isuneh Ice Brady

Reaction Score
They could sit on each others shoulders.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I know nothing, obviously, but if I am Fudd, I can't see coming to a place where a teammate - even a friend - so overtly and over the top told everyone she should come to Storrs. She would be the alpha anywhere else. Maybe that it is her style. Again. I know nothing, but I can't think what PB is doing is going to make it easier for Fudd to come to CT.

Edited by admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Umm the last 3 classes-

2020- 6'2 Aaliyah Edwards, 6'5 Piath Gabriel
2021- 6'5 Amari DeBerry
2022- 6'4 Isuneh Ice Brady
I think you should include the 2018 and 2019 class and not the 2022 class, considering they won't be in college when the 2021 class starts.

2018- Williams, Westbrook*
2019- Makurat, Griffin
2020- Bueckers, McLean
2021- Poffenbarger, Ducharme, possibly Fudd

Reaction Score
Again. I know nothing, but I can't think what PB is doing is going to make it easier for Fudd to come to CT.

I dunno - I sense that Paige genuinely likes Azzi both as a fellow basketball player and as a true friend. I think Azzi senses and knows this. When Paige says she would like nothing more than set her up for the game winning shot - if it was there - she really means it and Ms Fudd knows it.

I think Azzi knows Paige's unselfish style of play is the perfect compliment to her own game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any ideas that either of these two are afraid of not being the top dog are unfounded. No prima donnas here. This isn't Kelsey Mitchell or Diamond DeShields, needing 20 shots a game. In fact from everything I have read, seen and heard they are both totally team-oriented, love defending and most of all love pushing each other's game.
Who knows what Fudd decides but players with the above attributes have picked UConn in the past. ;)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I dunno - I sense that Paige genuinely likes Azzi both as a fellow basketball and as a true friend. I think Azzi senses and knows this. When Paige says she would like nothing more than set her up for the game winning shot - if it was there - she really means it and Ms Fudd knows it.

I think Azzi knows Paige's unselfish style of play is the perfect compliment to her own game.
Paige has already promised Azzi 20 ppg.

Reaction Score

I daydream of having two players that not only shoot lights out from all over the court but are just as likely to feed an open team mate as take the shot. Defenses would be helpless.
I like to think happy thoughts. :) You should too.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. I would have thought that South Carolina blowing us out with their tall forwards that taking another wing with last scholarship with limited speed was way to beat them, Baylor and Oregon too.

Reaction Score
I know nothing, obviously, but if I am Fudd, I can't see coming to a place where a teammate - even a friend - so overtly and over the top told everyone she should come to Storrs. She would be the alpha anywhere else. Maybe that it is her style. Again. I know nothing, but I can't think what PB is doing is going to make it easier for Fudd to come to CT.

Edited by admin.
You are correct, you are not Azzi Fudd, and to my knowledge UConn is not recruiting you, so I don't think much turns on how you would feel if you were in her sneakers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom