So am I still welcome here? | The Boneyard

So am I still welcome here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't expect a 20 point halftime lead, but I knew you guys would fight back. I also did not expect to have the rebound advantage we had, which in my opinion was the reason it really wasn't close. Good effort Huskies and best of luck in the future.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
I didn't expect a 20 point halftime lead, but I knew you guys would fight back. I also did not expect to have the rebound advantage we had, which in my opinion was the reason it really wasn't close. Good effort Huskies and best of luck in the future.

Shut up

Reaction Score
It went as bad as we feared 1st half. Hard to recover from that.

Congrats beakum. KU's got a heckuva team this year. Now go win the whole thing.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Your team looked incredible tonight. Congrats. I know I'll be rooting for KU to win it all. Hopefully we can make this game happen more often, like, ya know, twice a year and once more in a conference title game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Congrats

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I couldn't get my hopes up after reading your scouting report. We never had much of a chance against the NBA All-Stars from the Land of Oz. So thanks for lowering expectations.

Also, rebounding has improved somewhat this season but been our Achilles heel for awhile now.

Now it's time to root for the underdogs and watch our Womynz win 4 in a row.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Your team looked incredible tonight. Congrats. I know I'll be rooting for KU to win it all. Hopefully we can make this game happen more often, like, ya know, twice a year and once more in a conference title game.

I don't have a problem with Kansas but I'd like them to continue having one less championship than UConn

Reaction Score
Congrats. Please smack the hell out of Maryland next week. And if you happen to run into Duke, Syracuse or UNC and lose... then **** you.

Reaction Score
Won't be rooting for Kansas but imo you're more than welcome here. It's nice to have fans from other schools drop by and be as respectful as you have been

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with Kansas but I'd like them to continue having one less championship than UConn

I've always had a soft spot for them. Not sure where it ever came from- probably because I've always viewed them as the lesser of all the blue blood evils. I hate Duke, and UK and to a lesser extent, UNC. So I have always rooted for KU against any of them. The championship number is an issue I should consider, though.

Reaction Score
You are always welcome Beakum. A while back there was a thread about the Boneyard meme. You were mentioned, but "Play the Major"
wasn't included. That's my fault, but I blame the result of this game largely on the Judge's lack of mojo rectitude. I volunteered for hanging.
We ended up with turkey sandwiches with ketchup. The mojo suffered. However, as a good faith gesture, perhaps you could volunteer for hanging next year. It could be a double hanging, as I am planning to volunteer again next year.

Reaction Score
Kansas was the better team. UConn would have had to been perfect to win and Brimah's early foul trouble paired with Miller's worst UConn game doomed us up front in the 1st half. If the refs were a little more even with the whistle in the second, we the Huskies would have made the Jay Hawks sweat more; but, Kansas would still have won. Was more annoyed at the CBS broadcast booth which basically ignored the game for most of the second half.

Reaction Score
I like Perry Ellis and Selden. I'm a fan of both.

Congrats Beakum, I think you guys can take this.

Self needs to tell them to calm down a bit with the 3s. I mean, you guys were hitting them today but, with such a huge advantage with Ellis, Lucas and also Selden inside, why even bother with 3s? If you go cold, it can hurt.

Reaction Score
Self needs to tell them to calm down a bit with the 3s. I mean, you guys were hitting them today but, with such a huge advantage with Ellis, Lucas and also Selden inside, why even bother with 3s? If you go cold, it can hurt.
They shoot 43% from 3. You'd have to hit 65% from 2 to be more efficient.

I'm pretty sure the offense Self is running is the right one.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well played messing w/our haiku mojo, but I don't think that was it.

Enough of us watched the KU-OU 1-2 game to laugh when announcers suggested last week that the UConn-Cincinnati 4OT game was the best college game of the year. Tonight's outcome wasn't to my liking, but it wasn't a shock or an utter embarrassment.

Congrats

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not a fan of Bill S - never have been - not a good game coach
Kansas recruits good big players - we lost recruitment momentum thanks to the NCAA
No team can sustain runs of 16-0 and 19-0 and win BUT despite the fact that KUs big 3 players carried them, UConn made it somewhat of a game - one good UConn big and the result is different

What makes the difference between KU and all the other teams are those big 3 - if one of them is off - watch out

They played tremendous tonight and you have to admit Beakumhawk - that 1st half was about as complete a half as they have played all year

Congrats on the victory it was well deserved
I don't care who wins EXCEPT Cuse, Puke and PeeCee - to be honest I really don't want KU because that would tie them with UConn in NCs
Can you believe that BeakumHawk - the blueblood KU - home of the basketball inventor - winner of how many conference championships and spoken in great reverence during the pregame as if UConn should be honored to be on the same floor and UConn has won 1 more NC????
Doesn't seem right

Again, congrats on the victory and feel free to visit anytime

Reaction Score
@beakumhawks that is a heck of a team. The first half was one of the best I've seen in a long time. You were much better defensively than I expected. That said, in the second half you looked like a different team. I'd be a little worried about that. I've watched a lot of game this year. If Kansas doesn't win the whole thing they should be embarrassed. Talent wise, I don't think there is anyone close left in the tourney. Maybe Carolina but only maybe.

Reaction Score
They shoot 43% from 3. You'd have to hit 65% from 2 to be more efficient.

I'm pretty sure the offense Self is running is the right one.

I haven't watched much, but I could swear I heard Nantz mention that Selden isn't a good 3 pt shooter. Selden also took some contested off balance 3s -- and made them.

I agree with you based on those numbers. I wonder if Nantz was even right about that.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched much, but I could swear I heard Nantz mention that Selden isn't a good 3 pt shooter. Selden also took some contested off balance 3s -- and made them.

I agree with you based on those numbers. I wonder if Nantz was even right about that.
Selden shot 41% from 3 this year. He's a curiously bad FT shooter tho (60%), so maybe that's what you heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom