Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board

Reaction Score
I have a two hats that says "UCONN". If we don't want people getting it wrong, we probably shouldn't advertise it that way.
Sometimes things are just in capital letters on hats. For example, you can find a hat that says “MIAMI”, but that doesn’t mean you’d ever write that instead of “Miami” if it wasn’t part of apparel or a logo.

Here is an article from UConn as well.

IMG_3735.jpeg

Reaction Score
which board is everyone looking at? Looked at the front page of Rock Chalk Zone, and it immediately made me appreciate the structure of BY that much more...

Reaction Score
which board is everyone looking at? Looked at the front page of Rock Chalk Zone, and it immediately made me appreciate the structure of BY that much more...

I was looking at this one, one fan said he was expecting to get blown out. I guess they are really down on their offense outside of dickenson

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And I think I'm like 8 rows behind the KU bench.
What is the likelihood of you getting on camera doing the U C O N N chant? I have to feel like it's pretty good.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What is the likelihood of you getting on camera doing the U C O N N chant? I have to feel like it's pretty good.
I don't think there will be a UCONN chant and while there may be clusters of UConn fans, I don't think I'll be in one. I do plan on donning a Jayhawk hat with my UConn hoodie (or maybe Hockey jersey, but it is supposed to be cold and maybe snow).

AFH is loud during big games in a way that Gampel just isn't. And this is a big game, lots of students are sitting in their seats for this game right now.

Reaction Score
This will probably be the most nerve racking game for me to watch. Sports have never affected me like the PTSD inflicted by our 1995 loss to Kansas, ever since I have had an irrational fear of playing them.

Think I know that feeling lol :confused:

Reaction Score
This will probably be the most nerve racking game for me to watch. Sports have never affected me like the PTSD inflicted by our 1995 loss to Kansas, ever since I have had an irrational fear of playing them.
That KU squad back in 95 was loaded. Jacque Vaughn, Paul pierce, raef lafrentz, Jared hasse and I believe ostertag too? Wow

Reaction Score
Just saw this on Jayhawks board. One Thing both teams share is dislike for Puke

mobileheel
Posted on Nov 27th, 6:02 PM, , User Since 179 months ago, User Post Count: 3739
  • Nov 27th, 6:02 PM
  • 179 months
GreenHallHawk said... (original post) I wonder if we'll be favored. I can't remember the last time we were an underdog on the Fieldhouse.
show more
At a neutral site I think they are favored by 6.5-8.5. At AFH I think they are favored by 3.5-4.5. It pisses me off to no end that a Hurley brother is actually a good coach. UCONN is the perfect spot for him as well

Reaction Score
That KU squad back in 95 was loaded. Jacque Vaughn, Paul pierce, raef lafrentz, Jared hasse and I believe ostertag too? Wow
It was ostertag, yes and Scot Polard was a beast. They could have three guys at or around 2 meters, or 7 feet and 2 speedy guards. They absolutely ripped uconn apart that year, roasted toasted and burnt to a crisp. Won by about 30 but at times I think they had it up to 40. Only other time I remember a team really demolishing Uconn like that was MSU in the early 2000s and Lville in 2011. Just beaten to a pulp in 95, would love revenge as uconn is 0 and 3 all time vs Kansas. 1 and 5 vs unc too. Gotta get one of those!

Reaction Score
I do plan on donning a Jayhawk hat with my UConn hoodie.
UConn Fan Guide: Section 3.5b (Attire)

This is acceptable for cold weather football cuz you can immediately sit on the hat for the whole game. Its warmer than butt on seat.

Wearing it indoors you can keep the hoodie on your head covering the hat/logo, that also is acceptable and will help mute some of the noise.

As for wearing and exhibiting both, unless your children are playing on both teams, this would constitute surrendering in battle.

Reaction Score
Agreed! I was in Stamford at Bobby V's for that game - place was packed. I remember we were like 15-0 and top 5. From about two mins into the game, I just knew it was over. Couldn't wait for the game to end. The longer it went on, the more points they were going to pile on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just saw this on Jayhawks board. One Thing both teams share is dislike for Puke

mobileheel
Posted on Nov 27th, 6:02 PM, , User Since 179 months ago, User Post Count: 3739
  • Nov 27th, 6:02 PM
  • 179 months

At a neutral site I think they are favored by 6.5-8.5. At AFH I think they are favored by 3.5-4.5. It pisses me off to no end that a Hurley brother is actually a good coach. UCONN is the perfect spot for him as well
GreenhallHawk would be a fellow law school grad like me. Probably not too far behind me.

@UCONNJACK, @mauconnfan 95 was painful for me. I had recently graduated from KU Law, lived in KC metro and was with KU people at Kemper. We were cocky and got clobbered. Friday I will be with one of the same people I went with in 95. Payback time I hope.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And I just heard the students are already lining up. This is going to be a big time atmosphere. No matter what happens as long as we compete it is a win/win for us. It is early in the season but this is imo the biggest college basketball game of the season. If it is a close game and comes down to a last possession and if both teams play well this game will be one of those we talk about for years. Two 7’2” giants going toe to toe with great supporting cast. For some reason I am thinking big game for AK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom