Whistling through the Boneyard
- Aug 26, 2011
- Not sure how many more heartbreaks I can take. This time, we opened strong and finished strong, but sucked donkey ballz in the middle.
- Guard play was OK. Bouk showed up in both halves. Vital had an unusual game, with only 3 boards, but 7 dimes. Gaffney and Adams played well. AG not so much. What happened to the confident and relaxed AG of a few games ago?
- Our front court seemed a fifty-fifty split. The centers had a decent outing. The forwards, not so much. Akok has been a non-factor for a while. Now he's regressing to a negative factor. Yeah, yeah, I know, he's a freshman, blah, blah. But he's not. He had the benefit of working with the coaches and practicing with the team for over a year now. I remain puzzled as to why he was such a highly regarded recruit. Sid seemed to be on the verge, then the practice injury, and between not playing and hesitant playing, has disappeared. Between him and Polley, practicing has decimated our front court.
- Has there ever been a less effective zone?
- We've been hanging our hat on our defense, but last night, there was precious little defense. With nothing to hang it on, the hat fell flat on the floor and got kicked under the bleachers. I wonder if anyone picked it up, dusted it off and packed it for the trip home.
- Feron Hunt? He's averaging 12 points on 55% shooting. So last night, he goes off for 23 on 90%?
- It was an exciting come back from 15 down, while it lasted. But 15 down should never have happened in the first place. We're UConn, dammit!