Small forward Terry Larrier (6-7) from the Bronx is expected on campus next Tuesday. | The Boneyard

Small forward Terry Larrier (6-7) from the Bronx is expected on campus next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
things are happening quickly now....very nice.

Reaction Score
You would have to believe bronx legend kemba walker being an alum doesn't hurt.i like his athletcism

Reaction Score
Yup things are happening quickly for sure, would be very happy to get Larrier.

Reaction Score
This is good news; i would take this kid in a heartbeat. Super athlete, and if anyone can keep him from VCU, it's us.

Reaction Score
who is better, him or D. Robinson?
Haven't seen either of them live just in videos. They both look like studs to me, they look extremely versatile. They both look like they have great face up games with Robinson maybe being a bit more of a faceup 4. Larrier is a serious athlete and has a great handle from what I've seen, would love to have him in a Husky uniform. Haven't heard anything about Robinson planning visits.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that we are getting visits from multiple players that play the same position.

caw

Reaction Score
Larrier is likely a 2-3 at UConn while Robinson is a 3-4. IMO. Not sure who I would say is better in the long run.

Reaction Score
I think both will start their careers as 3-4. With Omar Purvis and Dham the wings are crowded.

caw

Reaction Score
I think both will start their careers as 3-4. With Omar Purvis and Dham the wings are crowded.

Possibly, it depends on Facey and (if UConn gets) Abu.

I would guess the positions would be (not depth chart):

PG: RP, top 100 PG recruit
SG: DH, TS
SF: OC, top 100 SF recruit
PF: KF, LT, top 100 PF recruit
C: PN, AB

Maybe flip RP and TS or something but it appears RP will get a shot at PG from all the chatter I've heard.

Then two other players to fill in, not sure who or what position. Maybe a transfer or fifth year player.

The consensus seems to be UConn has the best shot at:
Top 100 Recruit PG = Quentin Snider, outside shot at McLaughlin, Perkins would be a shocker
Top 100 Recruit PF = AMA
Top 100 Recruit SF = Robinson, White or Larrier with outside shot at Oubre, Chatman, etc.

White is a bit more 4 than 3 right now.

Then there are PC, Carrington, Colson, Watson and a few others.

Reaction Score
I think Omar much more of a 2 guard and Dham would be at the three. To me or ideal scenario is something like this.

PG-Snider, Purvis
SG-Purvis,DHam
SF-Calhoun,DHam, Larrier or Robinson
PF-AMA, Larrier or Robinson
C-KF/PN,

We would be young but an 8 man rotation of Snider, Purvis, Calhoun, Hamilton, Larrier, AMA, Facey, and Nolan has huge talent not to mention none would be a senior. I'm not a huge fan of Samuels think he could get some minutes as the third PG. It will be very interesting to see what happens with Tolksdorf this year because I do think he could end up surprising people. If he does he would be in the rotation. You have Brimah as another big body. Then add another freshman like Carrington, Chukwa or Watson.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Snider-Samuel-Purvis
Calhoun-Purvis
Hamilton-Larrier/Robinson-Tolksdorf
Abu-Facey-Nolan-Tolksdorf
Nolan-Brima-Facey

this lineup would be insane

Reaction Score
I think UCONN brings in a max. Of 4 players. We lose 4 next year to grad.. Two others may leave early but need to hold their spots and 7 return for a total of 13. If DD or Boat leave we would then have those openings for a graduate transfer or Juco. Also we need to have a couple of opening for 2015 as DD and Boat would be our only seniors if they return.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN brings in a max. Of 4 players. We lose 4 next year to grad.. Two others may leave early but need to hold their spots and 7 return for a total of 13. If DD or Boat leave we would then have those openings for a graduate transfer or Juco. Also we need to have a couple of opening for 2015 as DD and Boat would be our only seniors if they return.
Daniels won't be coming back for his senior year and the chances of Boat coming back are pretty slim.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
With a class of Snider, Abu, Robinson, and Larrier/White

Purvis - Snider - Samuel
Calhoun - (Purvis) - (Samuel)
Hamilton - Larrier/White - Tolksdorf
Facey - Abu - Robinson
Nolan - Brimah

Reaction Score
With a class of Snider, Abu, Robinson, and Larrier/White

Purvis - Snider - Samuel
Calhoun - (Purvis) - (Samuel)
Hamilton - Larrier/White - Tolksdorf
Facey - Abu - Robinson
Nolan - Brimah

Don't forget Chukwu!!!!:D

Reaction Score
Apparently I am in the minority but I really think Purvis will start somewhere. Not only that but if the line-up shapes out similar to what ppl on here are posting for 14' then I think he may lead the team in scoring alongside dham.

Reaction Score
Apparently I am in the minority but I really think Purvis will start somewhere. Not only that but if the line-up shapes out similar to what ppl on here are posting for 14' then I think he may lead the team in scoring alongside dham.

Purvis didn't transfer and leave a guaranteed starting spot to come off the bench

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
then he has to be at pg, unless calhoun leaves. in that case pg is not important in 2014.

Reaction Score
Everyone is wrong.

1 - Snider (hopefully) or Samuel
2 - Purvis
3 - OC
4 - AMA/Robinson (hopefully) or Facey
5 - Nolan

Hamilton will be the 6th man. I think Purvis is improving his PG skills in order to be the second main ballhandler (like Boat or BG or Dyson) not to be the primary ballhandler.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Everyone is wrong.

1 - Snider (hopefully) or Samuel
2 - Purvis
3 - OC
4 - AMA/Robinson (hopefully) or Facey
5 - Nolan

Hamilton will be the 6th man. I think Purvis is improving his PG skills in order to be the second main ballhandler (like Boat or BG or Dyson) not to be the primary ballhandler.

hamilton will never come off the bench for us...never

Reaction Score
3 combo guards/wings playing 2 positions. This isn't hard to figure out folks. There are 80 minutes for 3 players. An average of 27 minutes per player. You can even tap a kid like Purvis to play 5 minutes of PG and carve out another 5 minutes for Hamilton/Larrier at PF. There could be 90 minutes for these 3. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom