Small Boatright Update | The Boneyard

Small Boatright Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask.../38060/3-point-shot-stevens-not-sweating-loss "The angst isn’t as palatable at Connecticut as the Huskies await the eligibility status of freshman point Ryan Boatright. But there is no question about his importance to this team. The Huskies desperately need Boatright’s change of speed to spell Shabazz Napier, as well as his scoring ability off the bench and his voice. Boatright may be the most vocal player on the squad. The NCAA is looking into whether Boatright received an extra benefit related to his AAU team. One source said one of the issues being looked at by UConn and the NCAA was who purchased a plane ticket for Boatright during his AAU career."

Reaction Score
I thought AAU teams were allowed to handle travel expenses for players. I thought that was part of the deal.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I thought AAU teams were allowed to handle travel expenses for players. I thought that was part of the deal.

Perhaps they're questioning if someone else, not affiliated w/ the AAU team, bought him a ticket?

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask.../38060/3-point-shot-stevens-not-sweating-loss "The angst isn’t as palatable at Connecticut as the Huskies await the eligibility status of freshman point Ryan Boatright. But there is no question about his importance to this team. The Huskies desperately need Boatright’s change of speed to spell Shabazz Napier, as well as his scoring ability off the bench and his voice. Boatright may be the most vocal player on the squad. The NCAA is looking into whether Boatright received an extra benefit related to his AAU team. One source said one of the issues being looked at by UConn and the NCAA was who purchased a plane ticket for Boatright during his AAU career."
Let me just officially say... SO.gnikcvf.DUMB. The NCAA is such a ridiculous anachronism

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
But cams father can get paid, John wall misses two exhibition games for receiving $600, and that Turkish kid misses half a season bc someone on his euro team got paid

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask.../38060/3-point-shot-stevens-not-sweating-loss "The angst isn’t as palatable at Connecticut as the Huskies await the eligibility status of freshman point Ryan Boatright. But there is no question about his importance to this team. The Huskies desperately need Boatright’s change of speed to spell Shabazz Napier, as well as his scoring ability off the bench and his voice. Boatright may be the most vocal player on the squad. The NCAA is looking into whether Boatright received an extra benefit related to his AAU team. One source said one of the issues being looked at by UConn and the NCAA was who purchased a plane

ticket for Boatright during his AAU career."

Any legitimate reason that investigating a matter such as this should take more than about 48 hours?

Reaction Score
If that is all it is then it is no biggy (hard to read that). I have to think that is one of the more common areas of confusion if the HS team is one that travels. Stupid though. "Get er done"! As they say in the South.

Reaction Score
But cams father can get paid, John wall misses two exhibition games for receiving $600, and that Turkish kid misses half a season bc someone on his euro team got paid

The Turkish kid missed the whole season because he got paid. He was a professional.

Reaction Score
I think he was referring to the non-Enes guy from Turkey.

Reaction Score
The Turkish kid missed the whole season because he got paid. He was a professional.
Alex Len, the kid from Maryland is who I think he was talking about. He's Ukrainian I believe though.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If this is true about the ticket I'm relieved. Things could have been a lot worse.

And it looks like lots of kids are being investigated. Hence the delay. We're just more aware of Uconn kids.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
agreed, this is a relief, but also somewhat infuriating. They are holding up the kid for this? The NCAA needs to get its priorities straight...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
how do they even become aware of crap like this? do they get a list of every single scholarship player for every single school and then get a calendar of their travels and determine from th at if they think the kid might have had someone other than a relative pay for a plane ticket some place at some time? that seems to be the most freakin ridiculous thing i've read in a while about the NCAA, and that's saying something...

Reaction Score
Yahoo has probably spent the last year reviewing footage from every one of Boatright's childhood birthdays to see if any illicit "gifts" were received... "I think I spotted a tricycle with a card addressed from "Jim" at his 4th birthday, let's call the NCAA"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The angst isn’t as palatable at Connecticut as the Huskies await the eligibility status...

Ah, did you mean 'palpable' there, Andy?

Anywho, that's a good bit of information from Katz. If it's a plane ticket, let's suspend them for the Kansas game as per protocol.

Reaction Score
Where the e plane ticket even purchased within the two weeks between the West Virginia verbal and the Huskies’ ?

Reaction Score
So if this is worst case scenario what would the possible penalty be?

Reaction Score
The angst isn’t as palatable at Connecticut as the Huskies await the eligibility status...

Ah, did you mean 'palpable' there, Andy?

Anywho, that's a good bit of information from Katz. If it's a plane ticket, let's suspend them for the Kansas game as per protocol.

Ha. I noticed that too. But then, you know, those espn guys are real journalists. So maybe it's what he meant to say. Like, the angst doesn't taste so good at Connecticut as the Huskies await ...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's the sort of thing I'm noticing more and more.

As these media outlets cut their editing staff to the bone, this sort of mistake rolls into print so much more often now. Not that long ago, you could probably go months without seeing a major gaff in the NY Times or Washington Post - these days, I can almost guarantee I can find one or the other tripping up daily.

Reaction Score
Where the e plane ticket even purchased within the two weeks between the West Virginia verbal and the Huskies’ ?

Boatright's biggest mistake was associating with people (Reggie Rose) that associate with John Calipari. When D-Rose gets his SAT taken for him and his brother flies for free on Memphis' dime, the squid knew nothing about it and is totally innocent. When Reggie gets a UConn bound kid a ticket, Calhoun must have orchestrated it. Do I have that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom