Six pages of UConn talk on an Iowa State board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Six pages of UConn talk on an Iowa State board

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, that thread is gold:
81E0138A-86EC-418A-AF62-845AA2A2E012.jpeg

30BAEFCA-9FA2-4107-93D6-D9A48DACDA30.jpeg

Reaction Score
Lol, I love the enthusiasm here. Usually you are fairly pragmatic but this time I think your national flag blue glasses colored your vision just a bit. I’m not sure that this is a windmill I would bother tilting at if I were the school.
Disagree. There is no place for someone to publicly state they were assaulted and injured, potentially deterring someone from wanting to go to the Rent, when they admitted to the police they just tripped. None.

My “pragmatism” is that I would drop the suit immediately for a public retraction and apology. Frankly, the behavior is outrageous enough that I also would have written ISU and demanded an apology from the school. He wasn’t a fan — he was part of the traveling party and the school should be responsible for intentional tortious behavior by its traveling party.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Disagree. There is no place for someone to publicly state they were assaulted and injured, potentially deterring someone from wanting to go to the Rent, when they admitted to the police they just tripped. None.

My “pragmatism” is that I would drop the suit immediately for a public retraction and apology. Frankly, the behavior is outrageous enough that I also would have written ISU and demanded an apology from the school. He wasn’t a fan — he was part of the traveling party and the school should be responsible for intentional tortious behavior by its traveling party.
That’s a smart, measured Lawyerly strategy. Kudos, BL.

Adubs strategy is this:

Throw that pigeon f$&@3r down the stairs again.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking more that the guy may suspect he was shoved but might not know for sure, because it's possible he just tripped, and the police couldn't do much about it in that case (or if he couldn't point to a guilty party), so they just went with "tripped." I don't remember this incident myself, and can't recall the Iowa State mascot's costume, so I don't know if it's the kind of outfit that makes it hard to move around or if there's padding that would make it unclear if someone was touching you. Does anyone know if fans in the area of the incident were interviewed?

Reaction Score
It's a fun thread, but surprisingly little commentary or analysis of the teams or players.

Reaction Score
Reading the Iowa State message board gets me all fired up for tonight. Quoting the title of another thread from earlier this week “We’re good”! Others are taking notice and seem to agree.

Reaction Score
I found the comments about University of Iowa to be humorous. Iowa has always been a hot shooting team until they are guarded. Apparently that's how ISU fans think of Iowa as well.

Also, the 99 Iowa team we played in the NCAA may of been the most blatantly dirty team we have ever played. That wasn't discussed in the thread, just my opinion.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What is a “ canoe”?
I like watercraft full of D-bags definition best.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term= Canoe

Reaction Score
We had a lot of good interactions with that board in 14 ahead of the MSG matchup. Nice fanbase, they had a few solid posters venture over here in those days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Mascot gets injured at a game. School sues injured mascot. Not a good look. I think you defer to your PR guy on this one counselor.

Reactions: pj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom