Sims Wade Trophy winner | The Boneyard

Sims Wade Trophy winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Congrats to Odyssey. She deserved to win one of the national awards this season.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Odyssey. She deserved to win one of the national awards this season.

So did Chiney, who I thought would win the Wade given it is given to the "greatest female basketball player in the country who not only excels athletically, but serves as a positive role model both on and off the court."

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think Sims and Chiney were both deserving of this...no problem with either of them winning it. Would have liked to see Chiney win at least one, but that would mean Stewart wouldn't have gotten one :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So did Chiney, who I thought would win the Wade given it is given to the "greatest female basketball player in the country who not only excels athletically, but serves as a positive role model both on and off the court."

I agree.

Reaction Score
I think Sims and Chiney were both deserving of this...no problem with either of them winning it. Would have liked to see Chiney win at least one, but that would mean Stewart wouldn't have gotten one :)

me too. She was robbed. All time leading scorer and rebounder in P12, and academic All American.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think "robbed" is too strong, but I would have preferred to see Chiney win. Both were deserving.

Chiney's career stats are great, but the award is a 1-year award. Sims led the nation in scoring and was very close to the all-time single-season record.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I am very happy for Odyssey! I saw a different person the last few interviews with her. I think she grew a lot coming out of Griner's shadow this year. I began to realize she seamed like a much nicer young women than I thought she was- just a perception I had. Then I got a chance to talk to Odyssey, Jordan Hooper (Nebraska) & Tiffany Mitchel (So. Carolina), after their signing session in Nashville. Odyssey was very very endearing and appreciative of my interest and accolades. She and the other two All Americans came down and took a few pictures and were really happy to do it. Jordan and Tiffany were also everything we see and expect our players to be. This Odyssey selfie is one of my great moments down here to date- thought I'd share- site not allowing me to post pictures right now- sorry!

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Odyssey. Congrats to Chiney on a great year too. Looking forward to rooting for her in a Sun uniform!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Wooden award is still pending, would like to see Chiney win that one.

Reaction Score
The Wooden award is still pending, would like to see Chiney win that one.

yep, I have friends who are going. I also would like to see Chiney win it, but think it will go to Stewie.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Sims. From what I saw of her this year, she seemed like the best player in the country. She carried that team to the E8.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
me too. She was robbed. All time leading scorer and rebounder in P12, and academic All American.

Yes, she was robbed. Just like Nneka was robbed when BG won it.

Have a little class, say "Congrats Sims" and quit making an ass of yourself.

Reaction Score

Yep, Nneka was robbed on the Wade, too. Congrats to Sims, but imho, the definition of Wade, Chiney is it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Chiney is a tremendous player. Had she won, I would have said "well deserved."
I would have had no issue with her winning.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

You should take your own advice and show a little class instead of insulting our visitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom