Simple fix for the Big 10! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Simple fix for the Big 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
What team somebody cheers for is irrelevant to the points made. But, it irks you b/c since you couldn't refute the points and didn't like the truth.
The notion that you are some way interested in "truth" is the funniest part of the thread.

You wouldn't know "truth" in conference realignment if it fell out of Gene DeFelippo's butt and onto your face.

Just wanted to get that in before the thread is deleted.

Reaction Score
The notion that you are some way interested in "truth" is the funniest part of the thread.

You wouldn't know "truth" in conference realignment if it fell out of Gene DeFelippo's butt and onto your face.

Just wanted to get that in before the thread is deleted.

Sorry the facts hurt and no matter how sore you people get you can't handle why UConn is not in a P5 and won't be no matter how much they beg. They are low low down in the pecking order. Besides the fact that P5's are happy where they are b/c all the quality programs that add enough to be worthy of being in a P5, are already in P5's. Even B12 which is getting left behind in money, realized that none of the schools available add enough to give them a share of the B12 pie. The B12 will be picked a part in the next realignment as the big schools Tx and OU look for more money. B12 in desperation will do what the Big east tried to do and add unworthy programs leading to it's demise and the AAC split and Big East becoming essentially a BBall conference w/o fball.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
NBC is rethinking nothing. ND finances are not hurt, they makes a ton of money win or lose, they sell out 80K stadium. They have ridiculous merchandise sales revenue, etc.. The reason ND has little interest in joining a conference is they make so much money being independent. NBC renewed the ND deal thru 2025 for a reported 15M/yr for 7 games a yr. ND is NBC's only access to college football. ND pulls good ratings and when they have marque games they pull outstanding ratings. The ACC deal assures a certain number of marquee match ups for NBC with ACC schools FSU, Clemson, Vtech, Miami,etc.... ND also has the long standing series with Pac 12 schools either Standford or USC at home alternating years. ND also has home and home series with big draw teams like Mich St and Michigan that are long time rivals and big draw games. They have extraneous series with Texas, Texas A&M, Georgia, Ohio State scheduled which are also big tv draw games. Then, even Navy who they beat 95% of the time draws good ratings b/c of tradition of the rivalry length and the military aspect. NBC is in no way rethinking the ND deal, it's great for NBC and ND.
Not according to Bloomberg, ND bullied NBC Universal into renewing the deal, but according to the article there's an out. As far as the ratings you claim are so great, they've been down for the past 3 years, even in their so-called marquee games like USC, you're obviously an ND fan, because the ratings for ND/Navy were not good this year. I don't know what ND's merchandising revenues are because I'm not on their Board of Trustees, but I do know they are not 1-5, that's Texas, Oregon, tOSU, Florida State and Baylor, according Bloomberg and USAToday. When ND is good their ratings are much better, but when they're down, as they are now, the deal isn't a good one. The reason they won't join a conference is simply pride.

Reaction Score
Not according to Bloomberg, ND bullied NBC Universal into renewing the deal, but according to the article there's an out. As far as the ratings you claim are so great, they've been down for the past 3 years, even in their so-called marquee games like USC, you're obviously an ND fan, because the ratings for ND/Navy were not good this year. I don't know what ND's merchandising revenues are because I'm not on their Board of Trustees, but I do know they are not 1-5, that's Texas, Oregon, tOSU, Florida State and Baylor, according Bloomberg and USAToday. When ND is good their ratings are much better, but when they're down, as they are now, the deal isn't a good one. The reason they won't join a conference is simply pride.

You're delusional if you think I like ND. There is no program in fball I hate more than ND b/c they are the most overrated program over the last 30 years. I do understand why they won't join a conference thought most I and most think they should. They have been enabled by finding a conference that feels they need ND and thus makes a deal to let them harbor their other sports. Big East did it and now ACC. All other P5's would never allow them to keep fball seperate and compete in other sports. ND has been willy in finding a conf who have an inferiority complex and thus allow such a deal.

ND did not bully NBC, they surely stated the fact that ND was NBC's only way to be in the college fball game b/c every other conference was locked into long term and very pricey deals. NBC fall sports line ups on saturdays would be horrible without fball. ND had all the leverage.

ND is one of the most valuable fball program in the country. The reason they don't join a conference is they are making a ton of money. They are top 5 in profits every year. They made 4 mil more in profit in the year OSU won the championship. The top B10 school, Michigan just beat ND by 2 mil that year. They make 15 -20 mil more per year than the top ACC school(FSU). That's important b/c if they join a conference before 2035, it must be the ACC. That was in the fine print in the partnership they signed with ACC for all other sports. ND has no reason to join a conference when they are in the top 5 in profits and ahead of every ACC school and on par with the top B10 schools. B10 will bolt ahead when their new tv deals kicks and with the BTN annual growth. Even then, the ACC is where ND wants to be. The ACC network which is starting in a couple of years could close the gap with ND, but even then ND would have to fall behind substantially in money to join. The only other thing that could force their hand is if CFP changed rules and made it harder for ND to make the playoff. There's not a realistic chance of that happening b/c the media/pundits/etc...love ND and overrate and hype them all the time.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Great point @pinotbear. KY would have at least one more Championship if not for an enlightened coach Don Haskins of Texas Southern now UTEP. A Haskins team with 5 black starting players beat a KY squad with a guy named Pat Riley to win an NCAA championship in 1966 as depicted in the movie Glory Road.
Friendly edit: It was Texas Western.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog