Simple fix for the Big 10! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Simple fix for the Big 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Admittedly, I'm not a football guru. I follow WCBB. I like and watch college football, but only from a distance.
Pay the right guy. Who is the right guy? Earlier I suggested Charlie Strong who is now available (he was still employed by Texas at the time. I predicted he would be available at the end of the season), but another poster who is much closer to the Husky FB program than I, nixed that idea. He gave sound reasons why Strong would never come to Storrs.

OK, maybe not Strong, but somebody like him with national name recognition, has had success on a grand scale, who is a great recruiter, who kids would want to come and play for, regardless of where he was. They would come to play for HIM!!! Somebody with a household name, with a winning pedigree in a major program(s). I know it's possible to pull UConn out of it's current situation, and become a vibrant, attractive program that will get the attention of P5 conferences. Kinda like the LA Rams are going to do. THey're looking to scrap everybody, and start from square 1. The fan base would be completely OK with that.

I agree with you. I was all for UConn bringing in Strong. I doubt Strong was all for that though as our football program is a rebuild job and USF is a "win right away" job.

I'd love for UConn to hire Joe Moorhead. Former OC here under Edsall and perhaps the single reason why Penn St went from 6-6 also-ran to the Rose Bowl this year. His offenses are explosive and aggressive. Plus, he has head coach experience (with a good record). Probably wouldn't cost us an arm and leg which is good because we can then devote more money into bringing in a top staff to surround him.

Reaction Score
Huh? When did I ever say our football program was some tradition-rich must add? I said "if we fix football, UConn checks the other boxes". Your point was about markets. UConn checks the markets box. UConn's B12 pitch included its potential reach into New York and Boston. http://static0.cloudapp.net/uconn/content/uploads/2016/10/Media-Market.pdf. UConn is/was the only candidate that is #1 in its home market and brings the potential of turning on TVs in NYC and Boston. The only one.

But humor me, if you will. Please tell me about Rutgers' football tradition. Birthplace of football then 130 years of losing? The B10 added them because of cable boxes and AAU. They just so happen to play football too.

Again, if UConn devotes its money and energy into improving football, there is nothing else that doesn't meet P5 criteria. UConn delivers markets, academics, brand, and athletic success (football aside).

You can't even keep up with you own blather. You were disparaging other programs traditions, which is actually vast for schools like SU and Pitt Heismann winners, WV,played for National Titles, etc... Your knowledge of fball is clearly lacking or your being delusional in making a silly case for UConn fball.

Keep up, I never mentioned Rutgers traditions, they do have a massive tv market, something UConn can't match and thus why UConn was never and will never be in contention to join the B10. You need to be a Nebraska(tradition and top 5 winning programs that brings marque match ups) or be a massive tv market. UCONN HAS NEITHER!

UConn in NYC market for fball is pure fantasy. The link was to nothing more than UConn propaganda piece which nobody takes seriously that knows fball, They have no potential in NYC market in fball. Second, since they are not actually in NYC market they can't jam a a conf network fee into NYC. Then, there is the fact you ignore nce again, New England states(CT, MA, RI, etc..) don't really care about college fball much.

Btw, you do know being #1 in your home market when there is really nobody else in your market is a useless brag. #1 in Hartford market beating who?

UConn has no brand in fball, the only have brand in bball. Then you say athletic success besides fball", which all that matters if you lack a desirable market. You're funny.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seems like an arse hole to me. I wonder which BC fan that was kicked off the CR board he is.
Part of his charm, well that and meandering all over the place with his logic.

Reaction Score
How did Notre Dame womens bb get into the ACC without men's football?

Notre Dame made a deal to be in the ACC for all sports(except fball and hockey) and in exchange they play five ACC schools a year starting in 2014, with every ACC team facing Notre Dame at least once in a three-year period. ACC wanted a bunch of marque games for fball, b/c even when ND sucks like this year, they get good ratings and big crowds in fball. ACC deal guarantees ACC more nationally televise games, thus raises the value of the conference tv deal. ACC would love to have ND in fball officially, but ND sees no need at this time. There is a very smart clause in the deal that if ND joins a conference during the arrangement it must be the ACC. The ACC just extended the deal thru 2035-36 with Grant of rights and ND signed on b/c they are in for other sports.

ND wanted to keep the rest of their sports in a P5 conference, they weren't going to go with the the rest of the Big East or AAC leftovers. ND gets more regular trips/access to the southeast(ACC country) which is a hotbed of recruits in many sports. ND schedules with a purpose in fball they make sure to get to Tx. CA, FL to recruit. They service some of their larger alumni bases by having having game in Boston, NYC, Phila, etc..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like an arse hole to me. I wonder which BC fan that was kicked off the CR board he is.

Sorry you don't like the facts! Not a BC fan , but unlike UConn they found a home in a P5.

CL82

Reaction Score
troll-detected-gif.gif

Reaction Score
Who are you a fan of?
If it's not BC it's probably somewhere like Syracuse. For whatever reason this board attracts ACC trolls like none other - especially on the CR board where they come to rub it in that we're stuck in the AAC. Guess it's jealousy that there are mid-major schools like ours that are far better than every one of the teams in their league when it comes to their supposed premier sport.

Reaction Score
If it's not BC it's probably somewhere like Syracuse. For whatever reason this board attracts ACC trolls like none other - especially on the CR board where they come to rub it in that we're stuck in the AAC. Guess it's jealousy that there are mid-major schools like ours that are far better than every one of the teams in their league when it comes to their supposed premier sport.

LOL. You people can't refute facts so to distract from the facts you don't like, you start obsessing over something like what team someone is a fan of? Btw, the delusion and arrogance is hilarious. UConn would give their lives to be in the ACC or any other P5. NOBODY WANTED THEM EVEN WITH BEGGING!!!! THOSE ARE THE FACTS! Finally, you do know the ACC's premier sport is mens bball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL. You people can't refute facts so to distract from the facts you don't like, you start obsessing over something like what team someone is a fan of? Btw, the delusion and arrogance is hilarious. UConn would give their lives to be in the ACC or any other P5. NOBODY WANTED THEM EVEN WITH BEGGING!!!! THOSE ARE THE FACTS! Finally, you do know the ACC's premier sport is mens bball.
Get a life

Reaction Score

Yes we know what the ACC premier sport is, did you miss the point in the sentence?

Reaction Score
Name one ACC program better than UConn in basketball? You know that sport upon which the ACC hangs its hat? I count 14 UConn basketball titles in the last 20 seasons.

Reaction Score
Name one ACC program better than UConn in basketball? You know that sport upon which the ACC hangs its hat? I count 14 UConn basketball titles in the last 20 seasons.

OMG are you really that delusional? ACC'S PREMIER SPORT IS MENS BBALL! That's what they "hang there hat" on and you idiot. UNC and Duke are miles ahead of UConn in Mens BBALL.... THE THING THE ACC HANGS IT'S HAT ON!

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't get it twisted, for conference realignment purposes a single ACC Football National Championship like say FSU in 2013 would easily trump all 14 UConn basketball titles.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Easy with the name calling. Get's in the way of having a good discussion. Moderators are plenty busy.

Reaction Score
OMG are you really that delusional? ACC'S PREMIER SPORT IS MENS BBALL! That's what they "hang there hat" on and you idiot. UNC and Duke are miles ahead of UConn in Mens BBALL.... THE THING THE ACC HANGS IT'S HAT ON!
4 titles for UConn in the past 20 years. How many for Duke or UNC?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
4 titles for UConn in the past 20 years. How many for Duke or UNC?
Both Duke and UNC have more Men's National Championships than UCONN. But I see why you would want to limit it to the last 20 years though and also choose to post this on the UCONN WBB board.

Reaction Score
Both Duke and UNC have more Men's National Championships than UCONN. But I see why you would want to limit it to the last 20 years though and also choose to post this on the UCONN WBB board.
I don't care what teams did before I was born. Could do without your sarcasm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom