"Silent Night" at Taylor University | The Boneyard

"Silent Night" at Taylor University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of the kids from our church went to Taylor. It is also a Christian School. I totally agree with you.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I don't like being forced via peer pressure to sing religious songs...and if I want make noise I should be able to...I mean I paid for my ticket...why should I have to be silent until the 10th point..I'm just trying to support the team...my right to cheer is protected under the eleventy-second amendment to the Declaration of Interdependance...What? Wait.. this isn't a UConn thing, uh ..well, um....nevermind.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine if UConn went fan crazy like this on the final night or day after finals are over? Instead of silent night it could be final night. Lot of pent up energy and relief would rock the place, providing they didn't pull all-nighters.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? One of college sports best traditions? I didnt find it that impressive.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
“Students, faculty and staff are required to sign the “Life Together Covenant” (LTC) upon joining the University.[19] Community members pledge to adhere to certain standards of conduct and refrain from certain behaviors, including social dancing (excepting marriages taking place off of school property and choreographed or folk dance), premarital sex, homosexuality, smoking, and the consumption of alcohol, with the intention of strengthening the community as a whole.”

I'll stick with Gampel.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Sounds like Pepperdine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
“Students, faculty and staff are required to sign the “Life Together Covenant” (LTC) upon joining the University.[19] Community members pledge to adhere to certain standards of conduct and refrain from certain behaviors, including social dancing (excepting marriages taking place off of school property and choreographed or folk dance), premarital sex, homosexuality, smoking, and the consumption of alcohol, with the intention of strengthening the community as a whole.”

I'll stick with Gampel.

Swaying side to side is allowed, so they're not totally against dancing of a sort.

Then again, one Kevin Bacon type at a school like UConn could destroy the whole atmosphere singlehandedly.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There are two parts to this. This is a Christian University that has a mission statement. Although a lot of that mission statement I couldn't support, I respect their choice and that people who attend that university know what they are getting involved with ahead of time.

Removing the institutions mission statement and the singing (not signing) of "Silent Night" I love the idea that one game is supported by students only and that they are very engaged in the game and come to the event in weird costumes. I think this is a tremendous upgrade over watching the Dukies jumping up and down for forty minutes. I love this idea.

Reaction Score

I'll stick with Gampel.

That explains the outrageous costumes and the emotional release of regret for signing the covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom