Signing Week 11/14-11/21 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Signing Week 11/14-11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Makai Ashton-Langford's dad

I guess this means he's going to transfer -- also wonder what kind of implications this will have with his AAU and high school programs in the future since Cooley has been heavily recruiting from Rivals

Wow lol. Dude is shooting 28% from the floor and 0% from 3 and is averaging 2.3 turnovers and .3 assists in 9 minutes per game. He's bad. Not sure how he is being shorted by PC?

Also MAL's dad is Chief??

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Feel bad for Makai but Cooley recruited better players and this is what happens.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
MAL with three years can still be a solid player. I'd consider him if we didn't have Gaffney.

Reaction Score

No to call this one person out, but this is literally the go to excuse for every fan base when they lose out on a recruit. We’re certainly guilty of it too. It’s just the generic thing to say these days.

“Oh the kid didn’t pick us? He must not be thinking for himself”

It’s stupid and belittles the recruits IMO

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He can’t shoot at all, plays below the rim, and has no confidence now. I wish him luck but I wouldn’t want any part of him.
Remember after our game against them at Mohegan Sun everyone ripped Ollie for not pursuing him..?

Reaction Score
Take a step back from the ledge.

That Twitter account has 147 followers. I would take it with a huge grain of salt.

I know what you're saying, but it's the "feel" of this process seemingly slowing to a halt that's troubling to casual fans like me, especially when it appeared we were on a fast track to a major commitment. Bouknight and Gaffney committed and have been working to get Akok to commit, etc. and it hasn't happened.

Plus, with the excitement about all the crystal ball picks for UConn, all the insider winks, etc., it seems he would have set an announcement time and made a splash in what appears to be a dead week of major player announcements. But, maybe he's like me and overthinks everything!

Reaction Score
No to call this one person out, but this is literally the go to excuse for every fan base when they lose out on a recruit. We’re certainly guilty of it too. It’s just the generic thing to say these days.

Yeah what's funny about that is I heard his Dad was big on Syracuse and had/has some sort of long standing relationship with them. Not that his dad was holding anything up or telling him what to do and where to go, but that's where there might be the usual 'are you 100% FOR SURE POSITIVE YOU DON'T WANT TO GO TO SYRACUSE' question could be coming from.

At the end of the day - it's the kid's choice.

Reaction Score
Yeah what's funny about that is I heard his Dad was big on Syracuse and had/has some sort of long standing relationship with them. Not that his dad was holding anything up or telling him what to do and where to go, but that's where there might be the usual 'are you 100% FOR SURE POSITIVE YOU DON'T WANT TO GO TO SYRACUSE' question could be coming from.

At the end of the day - it's the kid's choice.
According to people on twitter almost every top 50 kid had 3+ schools with fans saying that they loved their school, but their parent/coach/circle was pushing them a different one. It’s a joke...

Reaction Score
Akok isn’t signing this week per Rivals
The interview from the podcast was with the kid himself. Not sure of Rivals' sources, but the kid said it into a microphone. Not that he can't change his mind of course.....

Reaction Score

Definitely chuckled while reading it - tis my favorite excuse.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The interview from the podcast was with the kid himself. Not sure of Rivals' sources, but the kid said it into a microphone. Not that he can't change his mind of course.....
He said very soon

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The foresight to make sure the ref was looking elsewhere. Solid forearm shot.
In other videos, it shows that the trailing ref saw every bit of it. What's amazing is not that the player was suspended from the team, school, and barred from setting foot on campus, but it was his 2nd technical foul. So technically there is no distinction for why he was ejected from the game.

Reaction Score
I know what you're saying, but it's the "feel" of this process seemingly slowing to a halt that's troubling to casual fans like me, especially when it appeared we were on a fast track to a major commitment. Bouknight and Gaffney committed and have been working to get Akok to commit, etc. and it hasn't happened.

Plus, with the excitement about all the crystal ball picks for UConn, all the insider winks, etc., it seems he would have set an announcement time and made a splash in what appears to be a dead week of major player announcements. But, maybe he's like me and overthinks everything!
Kids like to announce on their own terms and at their own pace. Nothing has changed here. @UConnStats knows exactly what he is talking about.

C

Chief00

Kids like to announce on their own terms and at their own pace. Nothing has changed here. @UConnStats knows exactly what he is talking about.

LOL - Chief has been called every name in the book for staying with my prediction. Casual Fans, and of course we love them, look for instant gratification. I am not talking about a RE2.0 five year plan - but you have to let recruits do it their way. In the rear view mirror it will look a lot quicker than in real time. Trust in Chief.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
LOL - Chief has been called every name in the book for staying with my prediction. Casual Fans, and of course we love them, look for instant gratification. I am not talking about a RE2.0 five year plan - but you have to let recruits do it their way. In the rear view mirror it will look a lot quicker than in real time. Trust in Chief.
Right. The dam burst open, and we got two commits, then it somehow sealed itself back up for a while which is totally what happens when a dam bursts. So if you're downstream of the Hoover dam and terrorists decide to randomly blow it up, don't worry about getting out of the way in a timely fashion or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom