gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It just says 18. Could mean anything
Maybe it means days til the NCAA drops in and gives him the death penalty
They are done with BYU now
You know, they have to hit us P6 powerhouses to make a statement

Reaction Score
I like Polley but no different from last year. Says he put in the work in the off season but do expect more from him. Need something from that position and hope he improves enough along with Sid.

Reaction Score
I like Polley but no different from last year. Says he put in the work in the off season but do expect more from him. Need something from that position and hope he improves enough along with Sid.

He looks more comfortable and confident. But he isn’t an elite prospect so the growth is going to be slow. He Also doesn’t seem to realize how long he is. He should be able to take it to the rim sometimes with one dribble and then rely on length. Obviously he’s not there yet.

Reaction Score
He looks more comfortable and confident. But he isn’t an elite prospect so the growth is going to be slow. He Also doesn’t seem to realize how long he is. He should be able to take it to the rim sometimes with one dribble and then rely on length. Obviously he’s not there yet.

I thought Polley played ok on both ends. He will get better under Hurley. We will need him to hit threes against cuse.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Sid can come in and kill it, I think we know the rotation. Polley, Whaley, Cobb are bench players and don’t provide much more than that.

Reaction Score
Polley has got to understand minutes are precious - make the best out of every single minute. Play with urgency. Being very weak at his position maybe gives Tyler a false sense of security. I hope he turns it up several notches.
Until someone else proves they can knock down threes from the wing Polley will get his minutes. The offense gets bogged down without spacing the D.
He obviously is not strong but he runs the floor well and he was rewarded with a terrific put back trailing the fast break against Southern . and he can even put it on the floor a bit. Have any other wings actually shown an ability to shoot?
I’ve heard Wilson and Diarra have shots but we have yet to see either one.
Whaley is a nice situational player but needs to expand his game.
So it seems Polly’s has the position by default.
Remember he is still a kid and will get stronger. Polley and Carlton are about the same age a Akok
DD was afraid to go strong to the hoop until late his junior year despite showing that ability actually gives you better looks .
I’m predicting a Polley break out game against a team throwing a zone at us .

C

Chief00

Until someone else proves they can knock down threes from the wing Polley will get his minutes. The offense gets bogged down without spacing the D.
He obviously is not strong but he runs the floor well and he was rewarded with a terrific put back trailing the fast break against Southern . and he can even put it on the floor a bit. Have any other wings actually shown an ability to shoot?
Remember he is still a kid and will get stronger. Polley and Carlton are about the same age a Akok
DD was afraid to go strong to the hoop until late his junior year despite showing that ability actually gives you better looks .

All is fine - but has Polley demonstrated an ability to consistently knock down a three?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Best play I saw from Polley was a great outlet pass to start a break in the first half.

I forget if it was a missed shot or a block,but he went up, grabbed ball and it was out of his hands as his feet were touching the ground.

C

Chief00

Tyler was 1 for 4 from 3 last game.

Reaction Score
Tyler was 1 for 4 from 3 last game.

Who is going to take his spot? Sid is still unavailable and hasn't played in 2 years.

Hurley said the 4 spot was going to keep him up at night so I'm not sure why this is surprising.

Polley is the best of bad options right now. He is there to keep the D honest from 3. He can hit from there.

Reaction Score
I think this is one of those classic “we can’t sleep together for 20 dates” situations with a girl he’s seeing, and he is counting those down. Have a good source telling me that’s what it is, not related to suspension.
Who waits twenty dates, I’m gone after three.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Once guys get back, Polley's minutes are going to be predicated first and foremost on his defense. I haven't been impressed yet in his career. Certainly can do it, but just needs the time to develop.

There should be a lot of learning this year under Hurley. But EOD he who defends the best, plays the most.

Reaction Score
People need to calm down regarding Polley. Is he Precious? Of course not.

However, he is going to get better and right now is better than Sid on offense and defense. Polley will have better games as a Husky. Daniels was a 5 star recruit and had plenty of clunkers for us.

People looking at Sid Wilson as a savior for this year are going to be disappointed.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
However, he is going to get better and right now is better than Sid on offense and defense. Polley will have better games as a Husky. Daniels was a 5 star recruit and had plenty of clunkers for us.

LMAO. How do you know this? Have you seen Sid play college ball in another dimension? You're talking out of your arse. And are much more likely incorrect in your assessment, given the guys' respective pedigree.

People looking at Sid Wilson as a savior for this year are going to be disappointed.

Nobody, and I mean nobody thinks Sid is the savior. He's just likely a better player than Polley at every aspect of the game, outside of 3pt shooting.

Reaction Score
LMAO. How do you know this? Have you seen Sid play college ball in another dimension? You're talking out of your arse. And are much more likely incorrect in your assessment, given the guys' respective pedigree.

Nobody, and I mean nobody thinks Sid is the savior. He's just likely a better player than Polley at every aspect of the game, outside of 3pt shooting.

It's probably safe to say he's a more complete offensive player and better defender. Both will struggle to rebound. Polley has shown he can shoot from deep.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's probably safe to say he's a more complete offensive player and better defender. Both will struggle to rebound. Polley has shown he can shoot from deep.

Sid is more athletic, and apparently more tenacious. I don't think he'll struggle to rebound as much as you think. Sure, he can get out muscled, but in retaliation, he can out-quick guys (Polley most definitely cannot). His fiery attitude will be one of his biggest boons in that regard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom