Sid Wilson decides ... | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson decides ...

Reaction Score
2103C638-EED9-406B-B940-9FC320BD6CF4.jpeg

Reaction Score
Oof, indeed. But glad he's still in D1.

FWIW, in May, SIU-E nabbed their best high school recruit of all time, guard Desmond Polk out of La Lumiere. The kid got offers from Marquette, Iowa, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Dayton, Iowa State, Kansas State and DePaul and for some reason picked SIU-E, probably to get the keys to the offense.

Reaction Score
Crazy. I still don’t understand how he wasn’t a more sought after transfer. He certainly had his deficiencies in terms feel for the game and ball handling, but his high level athleticism alone should have granted him a better opportunity. He had a stretch before his injury where he was an extremely solid bench contributor for us last year and I was looking forward to see what he could do this year. Then he came back too early from the injury and completely lost his mojo.

Reaction Score
Confident he balls out there. I’d Imagine him being one of the most athletic dudes in the conference.
I was severely hyped about him due to what I read and saw. He lived up to what I saw but some or the concerns outta highschool remained. He’s gonna improve and hopefully have a great basketball career.

Reaction Score
I live near SIUE. Very odd. Only connection I can see is that the Head Coach Jon Harris and Assistant Coach Brian Barone (Tony‘s son) previously were on the staff at Marquette so there is a loose tie to the Big East. Regardless he should do well there. Games will be very different there. Obviously, fan base is nothing like Uconn or even AAC.

Reaction Score
We played SIU in the 02 tourney. Destroyed their hopes and dreams. Hoping Sid can help bring them back to the promise land.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We played SIU in the 02 tourney. Destroyed their hopes and dreams. Hoping Sid can help bring them back to the promise land.

Loved that 02 team. Season ender to UMD in the Elite8 at the Carrier Dome is my “favorite” loss.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I don't see any mention of this on their website, their social media or on Sid's.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So Sid is going to be a Cougar and not a Saluki - school has had a few famous graduates - one being THE BIG SHOW of pro wrestling fame another being Lauri Metcalf, a cast member of the Roseanne show.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
FWIW that was a different school/branch. The team in 02 was the SIU Salukis from the MVC. Sid’s new team plays in the OVC with Murray St and Belmont as mentioned.
Yup. Ja made it out of the ovc. Maybe Sid can do the same. Good memories of him. Wish him nothing but the best.

C

Chief00

I wish Sid the very best. I hope he puts everything together in his personal life, academics and finally basketball. Hopefully, he can get plenty of attention and mentoring at his new school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom