Sid suspended | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sid suspended

Reaction Score
Are we just assuming he’s gone or does someone know something? Everyone saying good luck to him but I haven’t seen anything on him being done here. Genuinely asking.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
All this talk about shutting down the season and turning down postseason tourney bids because we’re down to 7 scholarship players is re-god-damn-diculous.

Seriously, people?

Spot on.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
3.0 Ballers as per my own thread he had a 3.0 first semester. Possibly late to meetings\practice or something more sinister. Do they typically say “violation of team rules” for grades anyways?

Reaction Score
Are we just assuming he’s gone or does someone know something? Everyone saying good luck to him but I haven’t seen anything on him being done here. Genuinely asking.
For me personally it's that he was the logical 2nd scholarship to open before this and now another suspension from Hurley just seems to be too many coincidences

Reaction Score
I wish Sid nothing but the best wherever he goes. When he came in last December in his debut game against zona and had that little 8 point spurt , I thought the sky was the limit with him and was rooting for him hard- But looking back on it , let’s break it down:
-Sat out his entire first year and never really improved
-got decent run last year but besides the zona game , never really improved
- had this whole summer with Sal to improve but never really took advantage of it
-first half of this year , didn’t really improve
- polley goes down - still no improvement
-akok goes down - he still doesn’t step up
- gets suspended indefinitely.
unfortunately , he’s had many chances. Time to cut our losses. If there was one player of the eight remaining players we could “afford” to lose , he would be the guy - let’s ride with our seven gangsters -F it. Time to cut our losses. Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Wish him the best.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Exactly. Kinda glad the season is ending soon. Ride the positive mojo into next season. Let the injuries heal. Get back 3-4 more players. This was a huge success of a season. Now if we do get an NIT bid but Sid Wilson isn’t back, does Hurley opt out of the invite? Matt Garry is out for the season we are down to 7 Schollys and one walk on
Can we add Walk-Ons during a season? This is dangerously low. Also he would definitely take the NIT invite.

Reaction Score
I am thinking Sid would fit in perfectly with Chris Jans assuming CJ doesn't score another gig. That would be my recommendation. Complete change of scenery with a great coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jelly fam was a "movement" started by some NYC kids to put NYC basketball back on the map. They were big on social media. Their signature move was making layups much more difficult than they should be. None of the kids panned out on the high major level unfortunately.

That’s because everything it stood for was anti what it actually takes to win a basketball game. It’s what has turned the game from a team effort into an ESPN top ten play.

Reaction Score
If Mamadou is in ok shape and eligible, roll him out there if we need him. At least throw a uniform on him just in case. He’d love it. No one wants to be done playing basketball.

Reaction Score
I am thinking Sid would fit in perfectly with Chris Jans assuming CJ he doesn't score another gig. That would be my recommendation. Complete change of scenery with a great coach.
Jans is very similar to Hurley. If you aren’t hustling and playing defense then you don’t see the floor. Shawn Williams the transfer from ECU who torched UConn for 20 points in a game last year barely sees the floor because of his lack of defense

Reaction Score
Mamadou cannot play. He is not on the roster. Cute idea though

How do schools that are running low on players add walk ons mid-season? It’s happened before. We aren’t that far away from not being able to field a team.

Reaction Score
How do schools that are running low on players add walk ons mid-season? It’s happened before.

He's on a scholarship. Walk ons are not. Schools are allowed to go above the scholly limit in circumstances like mamadous if he doesnt play any more

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom