Sid suspended | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sid suspended

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I guess the big question is do the players in 2020 give a darn about the opportunity to win the NIT championship? It is a real question. They obviously did in 1988. Not so much in 1989. If they deem it important then do it. But the goal needs to be to win it, not just show up.

If they aren’t they aren’t the right players. I wouldn’t want anyone to play for UConn if they weren’t excited about that possibility. Every year those top 4-8 NIT teams are better than at least 1/3 of the NCAA teams.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Without difference? Let's see one tournament is viewed by millions is quite possibly the best sporting event the United States has to offer and gives the teams competing an opportunity to be "National Champions" which UCONN has done 4 times. The other is none of those things. But beyond that you are right, no difference.
I said post-season play. Which the NIT is. And for some reason you have problem with that. Of course if they entered the NIT they would be trying to win. Why would you say otherwise? Why are you so eager to see them quit?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is UConn basketball. Imagine the coach that preaches toughness, commitment, and a winning culture denies playing more games. How does that reflect to the players who have busted their asses all season to get to playing extra games? If injury is your concern, cancel the rest of the season. The AAC tourney is way tougher legs wise than playing a few NIT games that are spaced out by multiple days.

If Sphinx was coaching the 2011 squad, he would have opted out of the Big East Tournament. 5 games in 5 days? Why risk it?

Reaction Score
I feel bad for the kid because of the tough road he has faced recently, but I just don't see a fit for him at UConn.

Reaction Score
Wait. Wasn’t Bouknight suspended “indefinitely” earlier this year too?

I’m not saying this is the case but it seems like we actually haven’t gotten word that this is the end of Sid’s season.

Have you seen Bouknight play? Have you seen Sid play? I'm not sure Coach Hurley is willing to put up with Sid's BS as much as he did Bouknight's BS.

Reaction Score
The NIT isn't post season play, its extended play and there is a big difference.

My point is proven when posters say the want to play in the NIT to get experience for next season. No talk of wanting to play in the NIT to win the NIT championship. If the NIT isn't an end unto itself it's garbage.
[/QUOTE]
Success in the NIT is getting to MSG especially for a local team like us with guys from the area and potential recruits.
You think Vital wouldn’t love to finish his career either in victory or being carried out on his shield on that floor? MVP of the NIT would make his UConn experience worthwhile.

Reaction Score
I like watching UConn basketball. I would like UConn basketball to play in more games. It’s like we forget the off-season is 8 months long.

Reaction Score
wha happened???

Indefinately =? forever?

Which begs the Q: what was wrong w him 2-3 weeks ago?

Still waiting. And the dandruff pile is getting deeper.

Reaction Score
I have found that is very difficult to get the super athletic (and Sid is super athletic) to embrace fundamentals. Almost every kid is a good kid, but there is a mindset that what I do works and I'll continue to make it work. Super athletes focus on their highlight plays and forget the 3 times their man back-doored them for an easy layup. Fundamentals and drills are no fun. They are the grind of sports. I have been incredibly frustrated this entire year watching Sid. Believing what he could be (do you remember Dr. J?) and watching a display of the worst basketball I have ever seen in a UConn uniform. His thunderous blocks usually came from behind because he couldn't keep his man in front of him. I am so sorry to see the young man go. I hope he wakes up while there is still a little sand in the hourglass. :(
100% want him back. I hope DH gave him a route to come back. His 10-12 minutes is still very much needed. I’m not sure what he did but if it’s school related extra work could be an avenue to suffice

Good God-- I want him back even if he's not going to play unless guys get in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Quit closing the door on Sid at UConn! I look forward to great play in a husky uniform before it’s all said and done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom