Sick of Ollie | The Boneyard

Sick of Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
calling out the kids after a loss. How about you call yourself out. We went up 10-3 and Brown made an adjustment and absolutely embarrassed you. I wish the kids would call him out like he calls them out after every loss. A loss here and there can be the players fault, but 10 losses, in this league against this schedule is on the coach.

Reaction Score
calling out the kids after a loss. How about you call yourself out. We went up 10-3 and Brown made an adjustment and absolutely embarrassed you. I wish the kids would call him out like he calls them out after every loss. A loss here and there can be the players fault, but 10 losses, in this league against this schedule is on the coach.

It is, only because he recruited them. But it isn't only because they haven't improved enough to win, and 99% of that is on them. They think they're good and don't realize they mostly blow. They don't learn and don't seem willing to think they need to.

Everyone's at fault, but as a coach why shouldn't he put pressure on players to get better? Do you see the uni they're wearing? It's on them as well as the staff. A thread to throw just him under the bus is unfair!

Reaction Score
Based on this quote I wonder why Ollie just doesn't bench players for ones who will follow his direction. Calhoun had many in-game teaching moments sitting the whole team down. Not to start anything but it does makes you wonder who is in charge if this is happening too much and not according to plan. Just saying you can't expect kids to stop taking threes especially when they are losing, especially when they think they can make them (irrespective of stats).

"When you shoot 7-for-25 and you keep shooting three-point shots, that's not good looks," Ollie said. "You've got to drive the basketball, get in the lane, get to the free throw line. You're taking too many threes and you're not making them, so a smart man would take it to the basket and not continue to take contested threes, or threes, period."

Reaction Score
Based on this quote I wonder why Ollie just doesn't bench players for ones who will follow his direction. Calhoun had many in-game teaching moments sitting the whole team down. Not to start anything but it does makes you wonder who is in charge if this is happening too much and not according to plan. Just saying you can't expect kids to stop taking threes especially when they are losing, especially when they think they can make them (irrespective of stats).

"When you shoot 7-for-25 and you keep shooting three-point shots, that's not good looks," Ollie said. "You've got to drive the basketball, get in the lane, get to the free throw line. You're taking too many threes and you're not making them, so a smart man would take it to the basket and not continue to take contested threes, or threes, period."

Sometimes you have the luxury of benching Purvis and Calhoun. I'm not sure this team has that luxury. When Purvis pulled up for the 15 footer on the fast break, I'm sure Ollie tore his hair out there.

Some people here have written that Purvis is afraid to go to the foul line. That may be, but get 1 point there on that break. You have to get at least 1 point and a foul.

Reaction Score
Ok, just so I understand this correctly: we can have threads trashing our players and our coach and that's ok, but if anyone says anything about officiating it gets deleted? But a thread about how Ollie should have gotten a T because the refs were so bad...that's also ok? Who is making these rules?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I don't know why they would delete officiating threads but i hate complaining about officiating. Be good enough to overcome it and it certainly didn't have an impact last night.

Reaction Score
The boneyard administrators only want Kumbaya threads about how great everything is and will be. If you day anything the castro administration of boneyard will delete it.

Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
I don't know why they would delete officiating threads but i hate complaining about officiating. Be good enough to overcome it and it certainly didn't have an impact last night.

It didn't have an impact? Huh? Did we watch the same game?

Reaction Score
We lost the game, but there was certainly some amount of impact...I feel like this team is often playing 5 on 8, and we're not even good enough to beat a good team 5 on 5. I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but it seems something is going on when you get the wrong side of the whistle almost every time out.

Reaction Score
We lost the game, but there was certainly some amount of impact...I feel like this team is often playing 5 on 8, and we're not even good enough to beat a good team 5 on 5. I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but it seems something is going on when you get the wrong side of the whistle almost every time out.

It's definitely not every time out and it's not a conspiracy as some dope called it, but there was a wave of calls last night which were as evident as can be which were wrong. Did they decide the game? Hell no, our players and coaches did - this is nothing to take away from the fact SMU is a better team and was last night for sure. This is the request to KO to go a little "JC" on them once in a while in order to create an equal ratio or at least stem the tide.

Reaction Score
The boneyard administrators only want Kumbaya threads about how great everything is and will be. If you day anything the castro administration of boneyard will delete it.
It's about this forum being an enjoyable space to have and share. Some of us don't come here to feel depressed and let everyone know how upset we are that a basketball season isn't going the way we hoped. Some of us aren't addicted to negativity.

And nobody complained about the negativity to start; we understand that what we've been seeing can be frustrating. The problem is that the horse died in December. What is constructive about these threads 10 weeks later? What is the point?

Reaction Score
It's about this forum being an enjoyable space to have and share. Some of us don't come here to feel depressed and let everyone know how upset we are that a basketball season isn't going the way we hoped. Some of us aren't addicted to negativity.

And nobody complained about the negativity to start; we understand that what we've been seeing can be frustrating. The problem is that the horse died in December. What is constructive about these threads 10 weeks later? What is the point?

Why come here? Why be a fan? You feel great when they win, feel greater when they win championships, you discuss when frustrated you just don't hide under a rock. Why watch a basketball game with one of your favorite teams without discussing the outcome, good or bad?

It's a board for the fans to have fun together and discuss positive sightings as well as frustrating thoughts in their mind. Not sure why anyone else would even bother?

Reaction Score

Because it's a forum. People express their opinions on forums. No one forces anyone to read it especially when someone writes 19 paragraphs about it. But the administration shouldn't control what we read and write. Look at the Syracuse board. Not one thread about the self imposed sanctions. I think that is an injustice that they can't discuss it. It's like it doesn't exist. Hate to see this board start moving down that road.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is just an idiotic post. There is so much negativity on this board it is staggering. That's okay though because it's been a rough season. Add that to the uncertainty caused by CR and you've got a lot raw nerves. The state of the board reflects the state of the fan base. I prefer it when things are more collegial but if you want to read your own opinion start your own board using Word and just type messages to yourself.

(Ask yourself this, if the board only allows positive posts, why wasn't this thread and your comment deleted?)

On edit: In response to you post above: Transfer speculation isn't allowed. That is one of the rules of the forum.

Oh and on a personal note: Quit being a .

Reaction Score
So if I want to say Omar sucks. I hope he transfers. Boneyards administration shouldn't sensor me or edit my post. It's up to the members to decide if they want to read it. And don't tell me Omar or his parents may read this. It's a fan's board. Not a players forum board.

Any discussions of transfers are off limits and this was decided many years ago. Whether it's because you think a guy sucks or just isn't playing much or worth playing time, it's one of the few things that have guidelines. If you want to say "so and so sucks" and why, then you should be fine. Think it's pretty clear on that regard, just read Rodney threads he has a stalker or 2.

Reaction Score
easy to be frustrated when you don't have much talent to work with.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ollie isn't allowed to take criticism here. Even by bringing that up you're a traitor!

Reaction Score
Because it's a forum. People express their opinions on forums. No one forces anyone to read it especially when someone writes 19 paragraphs about it. But the administration shouldn't control what we read and write. Look at the Syracuse board. Not one thread about the self imposed sanctions. I think that is an injustice that they can't discuss it. It's like it doesn't exist. Hate to see this board start moving down that road.
I'm not talking about anybody controlling anyone. I'm just over people beating the same dead negativity horse over and over. We get that Purvis makes bad decisions. We get that Omar and DHam aren't consistent yet. We get that we have a physically weak front court. We get that Phil isn't good. We get that it sucks that Boat is going out like this. We get that the American sucks. We get that some of you somehow think that this is all KO's fault. We've sensed your tone of being to some degree offended as a fan because the team isn't playing to your expectations or because you've decided they aren't trying hard. We've been through these threads again and again, the discussions are always the same, and nothing comes of them.

You people first made these statements and had these same arguments back in December. I don't see the point of constantly re-hashing them. It's like some of you crave attention, negativity, or both. It's like some of you never heard of "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I bet y'all are great at parties though.

Reaction Score
I'm not talking about anybody controlling anyone. I'm just over people beating the same dead negativity horse over and over. We get that Purvis makes bad decisions. We get that Omar and DHam aren't consistent yet. We get that we have a physically weak front court. We get that Phil isn't good. We get that it sucks that Boat is going out like this. We get that the American sucks. We get that some of you somehow think that this is all KO's fault. We've been through these threads again and again, the discussions are always the same, and nothing comes of them.

You people first made these statements and had these same arguments back in December. I don't see the point of constantly re-hashing them. It's like some of you crave attention, negativity, or both. It's like some of you never heard of "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I bet y'all are great at parties though.

Hell I know I'm great at parties (if I must say so myself) and most of the people who are Husky fans at these parties say many of the same things. It's a new game it's not like you say "Hey if they make the same mistakes as the last few games don't talk about it. Please only talk about the new ones"? I mean c'mon it's a forum to discuss the last games events and what the future holds. And girlfriends/Valentines Day. There's so many threads to choose from my suggestion to you is to look for the one's you like and have a blast. And don't go to the one's that make you say things like this!

Reaction Score
If you think about it...we are right on target. I just feel bad for boatright. We will be a top 5 team when amida is a senior and if Hamilton stays he will be a stud and Adams will have a year under his belt. Then you add a young stud 2 guard and some decent backup minute guys and rebounders to go along with facey coming off the bench and purvis probably will become a defensive stopper. It just takes time......cant get all top players in every class. We have to hope they stay long enough to play together and we're good. Just like when Calhoun was coach. This year is a down year like many I remember. And then new pieces arrive in storrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom