SIAP - Kim Mulkey video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SIAP - Kim Mulkey video

Reaction Score
It's not because I'm a longhorn fan, it's because it is weird and unprofessional that Kim would go after a reporter like that. It was an opinion piece and it's great that WBB reporters would think so much about the teams and write such a long piece. Kim's behavior had nothing to do with "sticking up for her team." The article was much more negative about OSU than Baylor. It is picking a fight over something trivial. Post game new conferences are not for coaches to try to humiliate reporters who wrote something they didn't like. They are for the coach and a couple of players to discuss the game, the team, and answer reporters' questions. I don't know Geno's habits well enough to know what he would do, but since someone mentioned Karen Aston.....no....... she would not do this, whatever article she had read. It's called dignity, and realizing reporters are doing a job and are going to say a lot of things, some of which you may not agree with.

Reaction Score
It's not because I'm a longhorn fan, it's because it is weird and unprofessional that Kim would go after a reporter like that. It was an opinion piece and it's great that WBB reporters would think so much about the teams and write such a long piece. Kim's behavior had nothing to do with "sticking up for her team." The article was much more negative about OSU than Baylor. It is picking a fight over something trivial. Post game new conferences are not for coaches to try to humiliate reporters who wrote something they didn't like. They are for the coach and a couple of players to discuss the game, the team, and answer reporters' questions. I don't know Geno's habits well enough to know what he would do, but since someone mentioned Karen Aston.....no.. she would not do this, whatever article she had read. It's called dignity, and realizing reporters are doing a job and are going to say a lot of things, some of which you may not agree with.
You are right that Kim was not sticking up for her
It's not because I'm a longhorn fan, it's because it is weird and unprofessional that Kim would go after a reporter like that. It was an opinion piece and it's great that WBB reporters would think so much about the teams and write such a long piece. Kim's behavior had nothing to do with "sticking up for her team." The article was much more negative about OSU than Baylor. It is picking a fight over something trivial. Post game new conferences are not for coaches to try to humiliate reporters who wrote something they didn't like. They are for the coach and a couple of players to discuss the game, the team, and answer reporters' questions. I don't know Geno's habits well enough to know what he would do, but since someone mentioned Karen Aston.....no.. she would not do this, whatever article she had read. It's called dignity, and realizing reporters are doing a job and are going to say a lot of things, some of which you may not agree with.
You are right that Kim was not "sticking up for her team." She was sticking up for OSU and its coach, which to me is even more admirable.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I find it hard to imagine a writer being harder on the UConn players (or team) than Geno is in public.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn's Auriemma apologizes to Daily Campus reporter

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
After reviewing the video, I would characterize Kim's comments as something of a gentle scolding. I pass no judgement on whether she should or should not have done so, but her comments remind of a story about Richard Nixon and the ability to hold a grudge.

In his autobiography written in 1978, Nixon referenced a trip he took Venezuela when he was Vice President in 1958. Relations between the US and most of Latin America were not good at the time and his reception was hostile. At one point, he was spat at. His telling of the incident was visceral, even 20 years after the fact. He clearly was holding a deep grudge.

I think Kim's personality is akin - she can hold a grudge.

And as a follow-up to Nan's link to the Daily Campus reporter and Geno's apology, FWIW, the reporter Kim was scolding is quite young also - he's in his early 20's.

Reaction Score
Jordy, Always like your posts but how soon we forget her comments of last spring when she expressed her desire to "punch in the face" those who questioned Baylor's integrity over their handling of the football team's long sad history of abusing young women both on and off campus.

I said in a post then and I still feel the same way now that as a nationally known wcbb head coach she owed coeds everywhere, and her own team members in particular, a strong statement of support juxtaposed to the sickening lack of courage displayed by her own AD and University President in dealing with what was a long term systemic situation.

Same foxhole? I wouldn't want her in the same army. If she can't stand up for the women on her own campus I have little respect for her. A first class coach yes, but something less when asked to defend the basic rights of the very women she purports to care for so very deeply.
Very well said!
I was getting ready to comment on this same thing but you left me (and that's close to impossible with nothing to say).
That example shows a great deal about who she is and who she's beholden to! And it ain't the young ladies on her team or wcb.
Having a good record or even winning a NC doesn't override who she sided with!
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom