Should UConn Accept Tennessee's Scheduling Request (If Made)? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should UConn Accept Tennessee's Scheduling Request (If Made)?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As readers of this forum probably know, I think UConn should offer to play Tennessee without preconditions. Ten years is longer than most felony sentences.

I am aware that this is a minority opinion among Boneyarders.

However, I wonder if John Adams, the author of the article who has written about the Lady Vols for a long time, would be in favor of playing UConn if the price were an apology. Probably not.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'd say we put the past in the rear view mirror and play them again. Donate some of the proceeds to Pat's charity, and get on with it for the good of the game. I get that Tenn needs us more than we need them (we don't). Who cares? People would go and watch that big time. Homecoming game for Dangerfield in a couple years?

Dangerfield is from Murfreesboro. UT is in Knoxville. That's at least a 150+ mile trip one way. Playing Middle Tennessee State would be a homecoming game for her, or maybe Vanderbilt in Nashville.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If the institution acknowledges the erroneous complaint and subsequent statement as having no basis and apologizes to Maya, her family, the University of Connecticut and state of Connecticut then, I would consider them as a possible opponent from time to time.

Pat Summitt isn't going to be on the sideline, nor any her great players. There is no going back to the time when that was the case and the UConn/Tenn games were riveting must watch sports. We play better teams now. I'd rather see the better basketball that they offer.

Reaction Score
Some won't like this but yes. In the same season as one of the originally scheduled football games that have been shelved. Play us in FB we play you in BB

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I say YES? The main characters are all different now. How can a school apologize for the actions of people not even there anymore? It's just not realistic.
Holly Warlick was there then and now.

Reaction Score
UConn should play those teams next year: ND, SCr, Baylor, Maryland, Oregon State, U. Washington, Texas, Stanford, Duke, Ohio State, Miss State and Quinnip.

Yeah, well, anybody can pronounce that school's name if you knock off the last two syllables.

Reaction Score
UConn should play those teams next year: ND, SCr, Baylor, Maryland, Oregon State, U. Washington, Texas, Stanford, Duke, Ohio State, Miss State and Quinnip.

The Huskies should play Ashland, the UCONN of DII, who are one game away from being this season's undefeated champions. :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Would think Geno will try to schedule Vandy for Crystal's home game. 35 Miles Nashville to Murfreesboro. If not Vandy, how about Middle Tenn. St which is located in Murfreesboro and is a good Mid Major. Other possibilities would be Belmont and David Lipscomb. Chattanooga is actually closer to Murfreesboro then Knoxville is.

Dangerfield is from Murfreesboro. UT is in Knoxville. That's at least a 150+ mile trip one way. Playing Middle Tennessee State would be a homecoming game for her, or maybe Vanderbilt in Nashville.

Reaction Score
Some won't like this but yes. In the same season as one of the originally scheduled football games that have been shelved. Play us in FB we play you in BB
You want to play Facebook not Tweeter? LOL ...

Reaction Score
I think UCONN should schedule Tenn again as soon as they rehire Pat Head as the head coach.

Reaction Score
View attachment 21047

The Tennessee women’s basketball season ended Monday night with a loss in the second round of the NCAA tournament. A few days later, the Lady Vols should already be thinking about next season. But not just about the team. About the schedule, too.

A word of advice: Connecticut.

Tennessee should do whatever it takes to get the four-time defending national champions on its next schedule. Agree to play in Stoors, Conn. Agree to play anywhere. Just get Connecticut back on the schedule.

Never mind how the series ended in 2007. Forget the history. Look to the future. UT needs UConn now. It needs to experience what makes a great program, the kind Tennessee once had. Coach Geno Auriemma signs exceptional players. But it’s what he does with those players that best explains how Connecticut has won 11 national championships and 109 consecutive games. He gets them to play hard and together. And he accepts nothing less.

This was supposed to be a transitional year for the Huskies after losing the star-studded nucleus of the four consecutive national championship teams. As scary as this might read to the rest of the women’s basketball, the next UConn team could be significantly better…

[MORE]
"Stoors"? No editors in Tennessee?

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
upload_2017-3-23_19-25-18.png

Reaction Score
How far is Chattanooga? That would be a friendly with Geno's buddy, Jim Foster.

Reaction Score
Please Do we have to talk about Tenn right now. I thought Jeff Waltz and crew did us their second best favor and put Tenn in the rear mirror for this season so we could enjoy our team without the Tenn distraction. Might as well watch the Kardashians tonight.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
View attachment 21047

The Tennessee women’s basketball season ended Monday night with a loss in the second round of the NCAA tournament. A few days later, the Lady Vols should already be thinking about next season. But not just about the team. About the schedule, too.

A word of advice: Connecticut.

Tennessee should do whatever it takes to get the four-time defending national champions on its next schedule. Agree to play in Stoors, Conn. Agree to play anywhere. Just get Connecticut back on the schedule.

Never mind how the series ended in 2007. Forget the history. Look to the future. UT needs UConn now. It needs to experience what makes a great program, the kind Tennessee once had. Coach Geno Auriemma signs exceptional players. But it’s what he does with those players that best explains how Connecticut has won 11 national championships and 109 consecutive games. He gets them to play hard and together. And he accepts nothing less.

This was supposed to be a transitional year for the Huskies after losing the star-studded nucleus of the four consecutive national championship teams. As scary as this might read to the rest of the women’s basketball, the next UConn team could be significantly better…

[MORE]

To this I say:

Reaction Score
When does the 2017-18 schedule come out?

I need to go to every XL non conference game.

Reaction Score
In another column by the same writer, there is this:

"Many fans are clamoring for a coaching change. They aren’t accustomed to seeing a program that has won eight national titles lose in the second round of the NCAA tournament or suffer double-digit losses in a single season, as Tennessee has the past two seasons.

"So, no matter what players return next season, Warlick could be coaching for her job.

"After all, it's Tennessee. And a coach knows what she’s getting into."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom