Should NCAA cancel | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Should NCAA cancel

Should men and women's NCAA basketball tournaments be canceled?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 54.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Either canceled or postponed a year or two. Postponement would be a huge mess, though.

All the money and resources that poured going into preparing that :eek:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
All the money and resources that poured going into preparing that :eek:
That’s why I think postponement is more likely. At least to recoup some of that investment. But it will wreak havoc on the international sports calendars that are built around a quadrennial timetable. Not sure how they can resolve that.

Reaction Score
This is depressing. I feel really badly for the seniors. Also, there is no softball or baseball. Man, I just feel so bad for the players.

or tennis. or golf. or track and field. Lots of student athletes will be affected by this. Some college towns are about to take some MAJOR financial hits.

Reaction Score

Not sure about basketball considering men and women played full regular seasons. Baseball and softball didn’t even get to conference play.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Not sure about basketball considering men and women played full regular seasons. Baseball and softball didn’t even get to conference play.

I'm pretty sure basketball is classified as a 'winter' sport, so not included in this?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure basketball is classified as a 'winter' sport, so not included in this?

Wasn’t sure what they meant by working on issues for the winter sport athletes.

I’m interested in how the NCAA handles this entire thing. The logistics of it all is complex.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unless they can quickly come up with a way to quickly test all players, staff, officials etc. who will be coming into close proximity with each other, I don't see how they can justify a decision to move forward. And the availability and timeliness of testing is a major problem.

The post from @Plebe that foretold the likely fate of the NCAA tourney is above. It came hours before the Gobert confirmed case, the nail that sealed the tourney's coffin for 2020. Many of us were hoping that Plebe wasn't right with his prediction. Unfortunately, he was. Again....

Another reason why I turn to this message board first when attempting to find out what is going on with WBB. There really isn't any other board that rivals this one for breaking info and shared knowledge re: WBB.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The post from @Plebe that foretold the likely fate of the NCAA tourney is above. It came hours before the Gobert confirmed case, the nail that sealed the tourney's coffin for 2020. Many of us were hoping that Plebe wasn't right with his prediction. Unfortunately, he was. Again....

Another reason why I turn to this message board first when attempting to find out what is going on with WBB. There really isn't any other board that rivals this one for breaking info and shared l knowledge re: WBB.
Seems like an eternity ago at this point.

I can hardly claim credit. It was @TheFarmFan who splashed the water on my face two days before that, on Monday, March 9, after authorities in the Bay Area banned large gatherings:

Plebe

Reaction Score

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
To think that this would represent the time line for packing for travel to the second weekend of tournament play - not many people voluntarily traveling anywhere at this moment. How quickly the perception of the world around us changes.

And I think we also owe Adam Silver and the NBA a debt - their immediate decisive response to one player testing positive helped wake a nation from denial.

In a strange way, that men's coach leaving a B1G tournament game and heading to hospital and his team sitting in quarantine while he was tested was another defining moment, even though he 'just' had the flu.

The flu may still be ranked as the deadliest disease this year in pure numbers, but we are so used to it that we thing nothing of spreading it by continue to work when we are ill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom