Should Diaco Be Fired Tonight? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Should Diaco Be Fired Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You want to hire an offensive coordinator? Major Applewhite put on a clinic tonight.
He should be on Benedict's short list once the season is over.

Reaction Score
It's like a bad hand in a poker game: we have Shaky Coaching showing little or no innovation and a suspect talent pool on the field.
Earlier this week I posted about ranking our Offense and Defense vs other AAC teams. I believe we overrated our talent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In Bob world Bryant is our best QB choice. Once that decision is made, TOP is the way to maximize wins. That said is he our QB next year? I love the kid. He has heart and give us his all but I think were are seeing the best he's got.

Reaction Score
This coming from someone who has taken many shots at HCBD and his Coaching Staff; not letting him off the hook, but games like tonight make it crystal clear this team does not have the talent to compete at the level we want them to. Houston is a Top Ten Ranked Team. Last season we stood toe-to-toe with them and prevailed. Tonight we were not competitive. I'm not sure we are in the top half of teams in the AAC and I question if we are in the top half of all FCS programs. Realistic appraisal. We come short on both Offense and Defense. Am I wrong?
When does the lack of talent stop being an excuse? Year 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. It's not like we just get randomly selected players. There are great players in PA, NJ, NY, MA and a few in CT. More than enough to fill a roster 3 times over. No, this is bad coaching repeated over and over.

Reaction Score
Guys, we've lived this story already with PP. Got to get serious. Pull the plug and try again. Otherwise it will be a decade of rebuilding to nowhere. Diaco has failed. Get used to it and move on for the sake of UConn football before it's too late.

Reaction Score
When does the lack of talent stop being an excuse? Year 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. It's not like we just get randomly selected players. There are great players in PA, NJ, NY, MA and a few in CT. More than enough to fill a roster 3 times over. No, this is bad coaching repeated over and over.
I agree with you. Randy Edsall recruited the same population and developed gems like Donald Brown, Jordan Todman, Darius Butler, Sio Moore........how many NFL players. Are we missing something about why more talent is not coming to UCONN? Is it Coaches? Facilities?
Conference? TV exposure? Other schools picking off the kids we are targeting? Maybe if we understood that better we'd be in a better position to get better.

Reaction Score
In Bob world Bryant is our best QB choice. Once that decision is made, TOP is the way to maximize wins. That said is he our QB next year? I love the kid. He has heart and give us his all but I think were are seeing the best he's got.
Do we try Tyler Davis at QB for a game? Burn the red shirt on Donovan? Where is the kid Rose from Southington? Not sure I ever got the whole story on what happened there.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Do we try Tyler Davis at QB for a game? Burn the red shirt on Donovan? Where is the kid Rose from Southington? Not sure I ever got the whole story on what happened there.

yes to davis, no to williams and rose is at CCSU with his GF

Reaction Score
Coaches Hot Seat Ranking

I know the site doesn't mean all that much but Diaco is on the "edge of the hot seat" after the loss to SU. He was "safe for now" after UConn beat UVA.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Coaches Hot Seat Ranking

I know the site doesn't mean all that much but Diaco is on the "edge of the hot seat" after the loss to SU. He was "safe for now" after UConn beat UVA.

Hey, we're #2 in the AAC in something! Damn you Chad Morris and SMU.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
My understanding is that Duncan Donuts is giving away donuts and coffee today. So, Wart Manual should be easy to locate.
I say we send the State Police to Michigan and bring him back to Ct for trial for the crime of hiring Diaco.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
My understanding is that Duncan Donuts is giving away donuts and coffee today. So, Wart Manual should be easy to locate.
I say we send the State Police to Michigan and bring him back to Ct for trial for the crime of hiring Diaco.
Every time I'm sure that Chief is the worst poster on the board, you make me question that conclusion.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He has HC experiencing; he took an 0-7 team, and went 3-2 the rest of the way with them.

Ummmmm...he took an 0-4 team and went 3-5 the rest of the way.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
No, I still think Bobby gets the rest of this year and next dispite the contract extension. Given we have a new AD and the situation with conference realignment I really don't think they're going to get rid of a HC who like it or not has a brand name, the respect of the players, and comes from a good coaching petigree. The more likely event is that Sheriffs gets benched for Anderson probably. I doubt they would burn Donovan Williams' redshirt. Although the kid looks nasty...

Reaction Score
Diaco may have security for now, but there are other parts of the program that do not and there are changes that can be made in the very near future. While a good portion of the offensive woe falls on BS not being able to accurately throw the ball, Verducci shares an equal level of accountability for some very puzzling offensive decisions in the first three games. At some level, the same goes for the DC if teams continually beat us over the top. Also, the O Line coach has to be held accountable for how craptastic they've performed.

We'll see how Cincinnati goes, but if that's another disaster there needs to be heavy consideration to coaching changes and/or benching BS. It's become abundantly clear defenses know BS is not a threat to throw the ball downfield and his running ability is not good enough to overcome the defenders who spy and read his run game.

Reaction Score
When is the last time we beat Cincinnati? Several years ago?

Reaction Score

I don't know if Tyler Davis should be back in the mix at QB but I'd like to see him almost every play in the backfield or split out or at TE. Catching passes, pass blocking occasionally running short yardage or taking a pitch and throwing from there. with his size and skills we need to use him way more. He needs to be the x factor or the mismatch we try to create to open up Thomas a little more.

Reaction Score
What does Boneyard think? Fire Diaco and have Weist take over for the rest of the season?

Both barrels. This was posted at 9:22PM so roughly halfway through the game. Poster is frustrated and decides to post this duck*ing drivel. That's all this is. It's driven by frustration and the complete lack of any self control or moderation.

Yeah, sure, Diaco is going to get fired after losing by 4 touchdowns in a game UCONN was an underdog by.............4 touchdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom