• No

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
More probable reaction by the casual fan.

"I saw Caitlin at Iowa, and she was very impressive. If she couldn't make Team USA, " there must be a conspiracy against her. Look no further than Dawn Staley who is on the committee. She hates Caitlin for busting up her two year unbeaten streak and outshining Aliyah Boston who is a WNBA flop.
Oh you are brave! I was gonna go there, but decided to message someone instead ... :D

Reaction Score

"I saw Caitlin at Iowa, and she was very impressive. If she couldn't make Team USA, " there must be a conspiracy against her. Look no further than Dawn Staley who is on the committee. She hates Caitlin for busting up her two year unbeaten streak and outshining Aliyah Boston who is a WNBA flop.

Finally it's not Geno's fault

Reaction Score
What really annoys me about this is that Diana has been dragged into this. When they started making the roster, you know who was the first name on the list ? DIANA TAURASI. Why ? Because she's going for a record sixth Gold Medal. Anyone who's opinion actually matters on this issue would know that. All the social media ragers have no idea about this whatsoever. And NBC will make that a huge story of the Olympics and I'd wager they mention Caitlin Clark on day one and not again after.

Reaction Score
So, I believe Diana Taurasi played on Olympic Team the year she graduated, 2004. There must be others.

My question is, who gets the 12th roster spot, a 40 year old Taurasi, or a 22 year old Clark?
The one going for her 6th gold medal. Want Clark on the team ? Take someone else off, Diana was the first name on the list, not the last.

E8PXqOPVoAgMwxN.jpg

Reaction Score
What really annoys me about this is that Diana has been dragged into this. When they started making the roster, you know who was the first name on the list ? DIANA TAURASI. Why ? Because she's going for a record sixth Gold Medal. Anyone who's opinion actually matters on this issue would know that. All the social media ragers have no idea about this whatsoever. And NBC will make that a huge story of the Olympics and I'd wager they mention Caitlin Clark on day one and not again after.

When the discussion first came about on who should make the team, I said if Diana wants to be on it, she will be. There were so many comments telling me I was wrong. They are giving her the same kind of love they gave Catchings.

Reaction Score

1000009465.jpg

It's happening....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Well, if one is prone to looking for and believing conspiracy theories.

Reaction Score
Of course she should be on the team, she's the reason women's basketball and the WNBA are having this moment. It almost seems like people involved with the sport are intentionally not trying to grow the game...

This is a golden opportunity to sell the sport globally while the sport is having by far it's most success ever and they're leaving out the player who has brought them all this success. David Stern understood the importance of this back in '92 it's bonkers to me the people in charge are taking things for granted now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OMG I'm so tired of hearing her name and we're not even halfway through the season. Every player on that team went to training camp and earned their place. They deserve to be there. She will have plenty of time to go and win numerous gold medals in her career. Statistically she's not even the best rookie. The relentless narrative pushed by the media and some of her toxic fanbase are just exhausting now. Instead of congratulating the team, they have to listen non-stop about CC's imaginary "snub." It shouldn't be a popularity contest to win a gold medal. The only ones in the media who've gotten it right are Geno (on the Dan Patrick show), Monica McNutt and Andraya Carter. The rest are so disrespectful of the vets that earned their place.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
I would've been fine with Caitlin going in Taurasi's place, but oh well.

That said, I don't think she's a snub. Arike is. Given how she's played on both sides of the ball, she should be going in place of Kelsey Plum.

Reaction Score
I would've been fine with Caitlin going in Taurasi's place, but oh well.

That said, I don't think she's a snub. Arike is. Given how she's played on both sides of the ball, she should be going in place of Kelsey Plum.
I’d be willing to bet that one of the marks against Arike was how she’d perform in a system where she wasn’t the focal point.

Reaction Score
Which rookies are better statistically than Clark, GoUConn7961?

About her shooting percentages and TOs, I can agree, but the combination of her scoring, assists and rebounds are pretty impressive for a rookie, agreed?
pretty impressive standing on their own but low shooting percentages can negate scoring and TOs can negate assists. It all has to be looked at together plus defense: steals , blocks etc

Reaction Score
pretty impressive standing on their own but low shooting percentages can negate scoring and TOs can negate assists. It all has to be looked at together plus defense: steals , blocks etc
People always talk about the assist numbers without balancing them against turnovers and it’s maddening. 6 assists when you average 5.5 turnovers is not impressive. That is not a good assist to turnover ratio for a PG.

Especially when those turnovers are typically live ball turnovers that result easy points for the other team.

Angle Reese is top 5 in steals per game and rebounds per game and might still be leading the league in offensive rebounds per game and is close to averaging a double double. I know Caitlin will run away with ROY because the only stars anyone cares about is scoring and no rookie will come close to her in that this year.

Reaction Score
Which rookies are better statistically than Clark, GoUConn7961?

About her shooting percentages and TOs, I can agree, but the combination of her scoring, assists and rebounds are pretty impressive for a rookie, agreed?
No she's not even close to what players like Stewie, and A'ja did in their first year in the WNBA. You can also add Parker, and Maya Moore who had much better first years.

Reaction Score
Inarguable, visitingcock, and I totally agree Caitlin has improvement needed, understandably since she's early in her rookie season and faces defensive pressure unlike any before...

Yet I ask again, as I did of GoUConn761, which rookie(s) have better stats?

Reaction Score
Inarguable, visitingcock, and I totally agree Caitlin has improvement needed, understandably since she's early in her rookie season and faces defensive pressure unlike any before...

So why are we looking only at her? Waaaaaaahhhhhhh! Boston should be on the team. She had great rookie stats - for a full, rather than part of, a year. She was an allstar selection and Rookie of the Year. Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! But that wasn't enough to beat out the chosen ones. Boston hasn't earned a spot despite an excellent first year,

I would not have had a problem if they had chosen Clark for financial reasons. "Grow the Game" is valid in my mind,

I also have no problem with her being excluded because she hasn't earned it. I just wish the new-to-the-game whiners would grow up. Clark will have the opportunity to EARN A SPOT in the future. You can't always get what you want - NOW.

Reaction Score

Well, I'm no expert like you seem to be but according to ESPN:

"
The metrics don’t love Caitlin Clark.

Clark, the No. 1 pick in the 2024 WNBA Draft, is stunningly No. 6 in ESPN’s ranking of rookies based on a variety of advanced statistics.

The former Iowa star falls behind, in order: Cameron Brink (No. 2 pick), Angel Reese (No. 7), former Iowa teammate Kate Martin (No. 18), Rickea Jackson (No. 4) and Julie Vanloo (international signing).

Clark leads WNBA rookies with 15.6 points per game entering Friday, more than four points ahead of the second-highest scorer in Reese, but ESPN’s models are dinging her for her mediocre shooting numbers and poor defense."

Reaction Score
So why are we looking only at her? Waaaaaaahhhhhhh! Boston should be on the team. She had great rookie stats - for a full, rather than part of, a year. She was an allstar selection and Rookie of the Year. Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! But that wasn't enough to beat out the chosen ones. Boston hasn't earned a spot despite an excellent first year,

I would not have had a problem if they had chosen Clark for financial reasons. "Grow the Game" is valid in my mind,

I also have no problem with her being excluded because she hasn't earned it. I just wish the new-to-the-game whiners would grow up. Clark will have the opportunity to EARN A SPOT in the future. You can't always get what you want - NOW.
I love this response. And honestly, the person who should be all over the media is A'ja Wilson. I'm just tired of these women who have worked so hard to bring light on the W, and working to make successive Olympic teams being overshadowed by the media's obsession with CC. I haven't even seen one show say congratulations to the women who made the team! It's all about who was snubbed. WAAAAAAHHH is exactly right!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom