• Yes

Votes: 69 39.9%
  • No

Votes: 82 47.4%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 22 12.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I plead the Fifth as to this entire line of questioning. No answer is going to be a good answer...
Ha Ha Lol GIF

Reaction Score
Since we've swerved a bit here, perhaps it's worth reminding folks of a couple of the great players to watch on the Japan WBB Olympic team. In particular, I think an up and coming star, Mai Yamamoto, is worth watching out for, especially if you are a ND fan, since her game is rather like Hannah Hidalgo's. Also, Saori Miyazaki is very much worth watching.

Reaction Score
Since we've swerved a bit here, perhaps it's worth reminding folks of a couple of the great players to watch on the Japan WBB Olympic team. In particular, I think an up and coming star, Mai Yamamoto, is worth watching out for, especially if you are a ND fan, since her game is rather like Hannah Hidalgo's. Also, Saori Miyazaki is very much worth watching.
Okay if we're good with swerving, how insane is it to see Lauren Jackson back in the Olympics with the Opals since 2012???? :eek:

Looking forward to seeing her play again after last year's World Cup.

Reaction Score
With Taurasi, Stewie, Phee and now BG battling significant injury, looks like Clark will be in Paris after all. Wonder if they’ll add Angel as well?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
With Taurasi, Stewie, Phee and now BG battling significant injury, looks like Clark will be in Paris after all. Wonder if they’ll add Angel as well?
Not to mention Chelsea Gray isn’t close to being back to form yet. Sort of a mess right now and there’s little public information about the severity of injuries.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not to mention Chelsea Gray isn’t close to being back to form yet. Sort of a mess right now and there’s little public information about the severity of injuries.
@hoopsnloops32

Yup, the information flow has the transparency of an iron curtain, at this point. Switching to the half-court game, Rhyne Howard still hasn't appeared in a game for the Dream in ages.

U.S. Soccer just announced that one player couldn't make it and moved up an alternate. Would think that some sort of decisions/announcements would be forthcoming soon. Tick. Tick.

Reaction Score
Where has this been said or are you speculating? If Angel were to be added, then the process USA Basketball claims was used to select players would definitely be a sham.

Reaction Score
Boston was a part of the practice teams, so I think she would get a nod over Angel. Also, if they want instant chemistry, bringing both Boston and Clark would provide that.

Reaction Score
Boston was a part of the practice teams, so I think she would get a nod over Angel. Also, if they want instant chemistry, bringing both Boston and Clark would provide that.
I also would think Boston would get the nod over Angel. Yes, Boston and Clark's chemistry has continued to improve over the course of the season so they now have decent chemistry with each other, but Clark wouldn't have chemistry with the rest of the team who have all played with each other.

Reaction Score
I also would think Boston would get the nod over Angel. Yes, Boston and Clark's chemistry has continued to improve over the course of the season so they now have decent chemistry with each other, but Clark wouldn't have chemistry with the rest of the team who have all played with each other.
You feel the rest of the team wouldn't want to be getting great passes from Clark for easy baskets?

Yup, that makes sense...

Reaction Score
You feel the rest of the team wouldn't want to be getting great passes from Clark for easy baskets?

Yup, that makes sense...
I think there will be no shortage of great passes without Caitlin on the roster, and probably a bit fewer turnovers. This isn't the case to make for her. Better to argue that she's a great talent of the future and a huge celebrity today.

Reaction Score
I think there will be no shortage of great passes without Caitlin on the roster, and probably a bit fewer turnovers. This isn't the case to make for her. Better to argue that she's a great talent of the future and a huge celebrity today.
The way I took their point was that while chemistry with Boston would be beneficial, the rest of the team would take advantage of her ability to make passes others can't. Celebrity or not she knows how to find people when they're open.

Reaction Score
I guess to elaborate on my point, the committee stated that they valued chemistry and prioritized it when selecting the team. So, even though CC and AB may not have the chemistry with the rest of the team, they have chemistry with each other. If Taurasi and a big cannot play due to injury, I could see the committee making that decision as an "in game plan B". Basically, Boston and Clark would be subbing in if they needed a mixup because the starters were struggling, or to hold serve while the starters take a breather.

WBBTakeover

I'm not cooler than Kate Martin. Who is?
Reaction Score
Since both BG and DT appeared in today's Mercury/Sun game, I would assume they're good to go. Phee's condition seems more like day-to-day management than anything else.

At this point, I hope we don't see any replacements.

Reaction Score
I hope we don't see any replacements either.
During the Minnesota game, the commentators said Collier would compete in Paris.

Rhyne Howard was honoured during a recent home game by the Dream for her selection. That gives me the impression they expect her to compete.

Not sure about Stewart's situation. Haven't gotten the impression the injury is causing concerns for the Liberty or USA Basketball.

Reaction Score
The way I took their point was that while chemistry with Boston would be beneficial, the rest of the team would take advantage of her ability to make passes others can't. Celebrity or not she knows how to find people when they're open.
Thanks for translating. But their keen insight presupposes that others can't also make great passes. That's not my experience watching actual games.

Reaction Score
Thanks for translating. But their keen insight presupposes that others can't also make great passes. That's not my experience watching actual games.
And that's totally fair. You both have valid points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom