Shonn Miller | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just to throw something in there, she turned it over a ton too despite the fact the other team couldn't guard anyone on hers. But hey, you thought she was the "best C ever" at UConn.

No Mau, I did not say "best C ever." I said most complete, she could do everything. Dolson isn't even the best women's bball center, Tina Charles would eat her alive. But Tina was not a good passer, and set okay screens.

Another example, I think Bill Walton at his best was the most "complete" center ever. Great passer, set great screens, rebound, shoot... But he was not the best center ever.

I'll take Emeka over everybody.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think many in the national media are sleeping on Miller. Jay Bilas, however, gets it. He has Miller as one of the 16 most impactful transfers and has him as the 9th best defender in college basketball (along with Brimah at #2

Not sure if you heard, but Enoch is going to be starting over Brimah by midseason. Just an fyi.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This is amazing, I throw out that there are some that probably think Dolson was better than Brimah as a joke and someone takes the bait. This board never disappoints.

You just knew it was coming though.

Reaction Score
This is amazing, I throw out that there are some that probably think Dolson was better than Brimah as a joke and someone takes the bait. This board never disappoints.
More amazing is I start a thread on Miller and its railroaded all around the world, his name never to be mentioned again.

Its like that exercise where you have a lot of people and one whispers a message and its passed on to the other, again and again. The message at the end is nothing like the original.

Reaction Score
I think Jake V was the best passing big man (male) ever at UConn, and he also set the best screens.

Dolson was the most "complete" big that UConn has ever had. She could rebound, pass, set screens, and shoot. And she almost always smiled and had fun.
This is a Uconn Mens Basketball site!

Reaction Score
Back to Miller. In about 3 weeks the secret will be over and the mouths that be will be fawning all over Miller, Gibbs, and Adams. SI top 4 in the basketball issue is NC, Kansas, UK, and Duke, big surprise.

Reaction Score
Just to throw something in there, she turned it over a ton too despite the fact the other team couldn't guard anyone on hers. But hey, you thought she was the "best C ever" at UConn.

No Mau, I did not say "best C ever." I said most complete, she could do everything. Dolson isn't even the best women's bball center, Tina Charles would eat her alive. But Tina was not a good passer, and set okay screens.

Another example, I think Bill Walton at his best was the most "complete" center ever. Great passer, set great screens, rebound, shoot... But he was not the best center ever.

Not in a mens basketball conversation she's not the most complete, best or whatever. She's a center on a team that played 25 games they won by 50 or more, I could be the most complete at that rate. My point is she doesn't belong in this discussion with Jake, Emeka or any of them. But as far as the womens, she was good.

Reaction Score
Shonn is such a great addition in so many ways, some nights he will rebound, others he will score but he will always defend and always be in the the right place. Tough to find these complete players. Lucky and I think will be a fan favorite quickly!

C

Chief00

I think Jake V was the best passing big man (male) ever at UConn, and he also set the best screens.

Dolson was the most "complete" big that UConn has ever had. She could rebound, pass, set screens, and shoot. And she almost always smiled and had fun.
Jake did set the best screens by far.

caw

Reaction Score
Back to Miller. In about 3 weeks the secret will be over and the mouths that be will be fawning all over Miller, Gibbs, and Adams. SI top 4 in the basketball issue is NC, Kansas, UK, and Duke, big surprise.

I don't get Duke. Yes they have some good recruits and some good returning players but do they really have a game changer like Okafor? He caused double teams in the post almost every possession last year collapsing the defense like crazy. I guess you could argue their defense will be better/more dynamic.

Even UNC, KU and UK don't look like runaway favorites to me. It's a pretty open field this year IMO.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
@mauconnfan I have no idea how you generate the energy to constantly argue this. I think the comparison of men's and women's players is my favorite thing this board does. I'm tempted to start a thread questioning whether Ben Gordon is better than Maya Moore just to see how you react.

Mayas game and body type are more reminiscent of Caron Butler, so its probably best to start w that.

Reaction Score
@mauconnfan I have no idea how you generate the energy to constantly argue this. I think the comparison of men's and women's players is my favorite thing this board does. I'm tempted to start a thread questioning whether Ben Gordon is better than Maya Moore just to see how you react.

Then you have fun doing that. My question would be why would it be fun for you, the games are so different it's impossible to compare? And how old are you generate energy to tap some letters on a keyboard? And please start the Moore/Gordon one, I would love for you to make yourself look very ridiculous if this is what you strive for these days champs.;)

Reaction Score
I don't think @champs99and04 genuinely believes there is a valid comparison to be made there, I think he just enjoys seeing you go off the deep end when one of these men/women (as ludicrous as they may be) debates comes up.

That is, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Reaction Score
I don't think @champs99and04 genuinely believes there is a valid comparison to be made there, I think he just enjoys seeing you go off the deep end when one of these men/women (as ludicrous as they may be) debates comes up.

That is, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Deep end to you I guess but you don't know me, I'm Shallow Mau!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom