Shonn Miller | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm enamored with this kid. I know its early but he appears to be the real deal. I know many of us have our eyes on Hamilton, but Miller could just be our most valuable player.

He is experienced and talented. If he performs like he has in the 'expedition' games and against better talent, he just may be the AA candidate we need. At his position it could be tough to get shots since we are strong at the other positions with good shooters/scorers. Nonetheless I expect him to be our X-Factor and our steady hand on the floor. He to me is the Jeff Adrien we've been waiting for. He is more than blue collar, the kid can ball, and can finish plays down low. When was the last time we've seen that?

With that said he would be my biggest concern if he developed foul trouble, he will be hard to replace even as good as Facey, Nolan, Enoch and Brimah are. I'm so anxious to see him play this year and so glad we have him.

Our team is so under the radar its crazy!

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn men had a big man that could pass? (I had to add "men" after UConn because the women have had some excellent passing bigs, like Stephanie Dolsen.)

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Observing him last Saturday I came away knowing that one big strength he has is court awareness. Always looking at where people are. Do not worry about foul trouble.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn men had a big man that could pass? (I had to add "men" after UConn because the women have had some excellent passing bigs, like Stephanie Dolsen.)

I remember that one time that Johnny Selvie passed the ball. Either that, or he mistook Justin Brown for the basket and was attempting a shot.

But Mek was a pretty good passer, and so was Giffey.

Reaction Score
I'm enamored with this kid. I know its early but he appears to be the real deal. I know many of us have our eyes on Hamilton, but Miller could just be our most valuable player.

He is experienced and talented. If he performs like he has in the 'expedition' games and against better talent, he just may be the AA candidate we need. At his position it could be tough to get shots since we are strong at the other positions with good shooters/scorers. Nonetheless I expect him to be our X-Factor and our steady hand on the floor. He to me is the Jeff Adrien we've been waiting for. He is more than blue collar, the kid can ball, and can finish plays down low. When was the last time we've seen that?

With that said he would be my biggest concern if he developed foul trouble, he will be hard to replace even as good as Facey, Nolan, Enoch and Brimah are. I'm so anxious to see him play this year and so glad we have him.

Our team is so under the radar its crazy!

Keep in mind that KO can always move DH to the 4 and run a small-ball lineup for spells when Shonn has to sit. There are options.

Reaction Score

Not trying to start anything, I'm just amused by the fact that you felt you had to clarify that, as if somebody was going to read your question and respond with Stephanie Dolsen.

Reaction Score
Knowing the folks over there, they're more likely to respond with: "it's spelled Stefanie Dolson".

Ha...I thought it was spelled that way. I just went with the way it was spelled in the most I was responding to.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Wouldn't shock me if some on the men's board think Dolson is better than Brimah.

One on one, Brimah would eat Dolson alive.:cool: But it isn't crazy to say that when you look at what impact each had on their teams, hers tops his. But of course given the nature of competition they each had to face and who Dolson was lucky enough to play with, it will always be apples and oranges. On the women's team, Brimah would be freakin' amazing - I think. For the men's team, Dolson would be on the dance team.

Reaction Score
One on one, Brimah would eat Dolson alive.:cool: But it isn't crazy to say that when you look at what impact each had on their teams, hers tops his. But of course given the nature of competition they each had to face and who Dolson was lucky enough to play with, it will always be apples and oranges. On the women's team, Brimah would be freakin' amazing - I think. For the men's team, Dolson would be on the dance team.

What

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The combination of jokes and obvious statements presented as unusual takes threw me for a loop.
I'm too old for reformation. I'll try to be less loopy in the future.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I think Jake V was the best passing big man (male) ever at UConn, and he also set the best screens.

Dolson was the most "complete" big that UConn has ever had. She could rebound, pass, set screens, and shoot. And she almost always smiled and had fun.

Reaction Score
I think Jake V was the best passing big man (male) ever at UConn, and he also set the best screens.

Dolson was the most "complete" big that UConn has ever had. She could rebound, pass, set screens, and shoot. And she almost always smiled and had fun.

This was really good until the Dolson thing. Really from Jake to Dolson? credibility ruined in one sentence.

Just to throw something in there, she turned it over a ton too despite the fact the other team couldn't guard anyone on hers. But hey, you thought she was the "best C ever" at UConn. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Jo
I remember that one time that Johnny Selvie passed the ball. Either that, or he mistook Justin Brown for the basket and was attempting a shot.

But Mek was a pretty good passer, and so was Giffey.
Johnny had the flue that day. He just wasn't himself.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Just to throw something in there, she turned it over a ton too despite the fact the other team couldn't guard anyone on hers. But hey, you thought she was the "best C ever" at UConn.

No Mau, I did not say "best C ever." I said most complete, she could do everything. Dolson isn't even the best women's bball center, Tina Charles would eat her alive. But Tina was not a good passer, and set okay screens.

Another example, I think Bill Walton at his best was the most "complete" center ever. Great passer, set great screens, rebound, shoot... But he was not the best center ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom