Sherri Coale Retires from Coaching | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sherri Coale Retires from Coaching

Reaction Score
That salary might lure Barnes out of Tucson although given her deep roots with the kitties and the success she's had over the last two seasons and her incoming class I'm not sure if the dollars would pry her loose.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Looks like OU men's hoops head coach Lon Kruger is set to announce his retirement. Will be interesting to see how the A.D. handles two hoops head coaching searches simultaneously (if he doesn't already have a hire in place to replace Coale).

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
OU should really look at Indiana and Iowa's head coaches as candidates for Sherri's replacement. Lisa Bluder makes "only" $750k at Iowa; pretty sure OU could double that if they had to.

Reaction Score
OU should really look at Indiana and Iowa's head coaches as candidates for Sherri's replacement. Lisa Bluder makes "only" $750k at Iowa; pretty sure OU could double that if they had to.
Bluder would be a fool to give up the chance to coach Clark. And with the rest of their starters back next year....

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Bluder would be a fool to give up the chance to coach Clark. And with the rest of their starters back next year....
Or, she would be a fool to turn down $1.3 million annually and provide financial security for her and her family for quite a long time.

Reaction Score
Or, she would be a fool to turn down $1.3 million annually and provide financial security for her and her family for quite a long time.
You're assuming OK would pay her $1.3M.
She already makes $750k. I think she and her family are kinda financially secure.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She already makes $750k. I think she and her family are kinda financially secure.

Exactly. She turns 60 in April, she's from Iowa and she gets to coach one of the best players in WCBB for the next 2-3 years. She's not giving that up for Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Exactly. She turns 60 in April, she's from Iowa and she gets to coach one of the best players in WCBB for the next 2-3 years. She's not giving that up for Oklahoma.

The one thing she hasnt done in her illustrious career is get to a final 4. She will have a chance in the upcoming years with this team.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
And, based on your earlier statement, you're assuming none of Iowa's player are entering the transfer portal.

And, neither of us knows what Bluder considers financially secure.

Reaction Score
Curious if this recent endowment would have any impact on Iowa's ability to pay Bluder more if she wanted it? I don't think she's the type who would move on especially with what she has in Clark now, but who knows?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It's not always about the money. Too many people forget that.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
With a WNIT Crown in hand and Nancy Mulkey headed out the door, I wonder if Rice HC Tina Langley decides if this is the highest the tide is getting at Rice and pushes hard for the Oklahoma position. Her roster is dotted with players from Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, so she can bring them in from all over and she's always done well with transfers, which certainly fitting of the times.

I used to think her background matched up best on the eastern seaboard, but she's been in Houston for awhile now and seems to be getting the players that fit at her school.

Reaction Score
With a WNIT Crown in hand and Nancy Mulkey headed out the door, I wonder if Rice HC Tina Langley decides if this is the highest the tide is getting at Rice and pushes hard for the Oklahoma position. Her roster is dotted with players from Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, so she can bring them in from all over and she's always done well with transfers, which certainly fitting of the times.

I used to think her background matched up best on the eastern seaboard, but she's been in Houston for awhile now and seems to be getting the players that fit at her school.
A tweet a couple of weeks ago said she was gonna be announced as a P5 coach. Now that the season is over .....

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It's not always about the money. Too many people forget that.
Of course it's different for each individual. I was merely suggesting that OU would be smart to reach out to Bluder since she's doing a great job. Seme coaches don't always feel appreciated for their achievements at their current school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom