Shea and Vandy | The Boneyard

Shea and Vandy

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
E8823CB1-8557-4A23-9AF6-F6CC5A4AD7BC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Been to Nashville once.
Only been following UCONN for about 5 years, but saw a number of games from the “olden days”.
Immensely impressed by Shea’s approach to the game, not to mention her intensity on the court.
Can only wish her and the Vandy women the best of luck.
Especially against that orange team from obKnoxiousville.

Reaction Score
Unfortunate to lose her, she would have been the ideal successor to Geno.

Can someone who is more informed comment on whether or not that was a 100% amicable departure?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Unfortunate to lose her, she would have been the ideal successor to Geno.

Can someone who is more informed comment on whether or not that was a 100% amicable departure?
I would say yes.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have no knowledge however I have eyes and I see a bunch of Geno's former coaches on the roster. IMO and this is just a guess they know Geno's system, they know how to run Geno's system, and whoever comes in to coach UConn when Geno retires has the coaches to run the show. I do believe when Geno retires he will still be around working part time but not spare time and be paid very well for his time. UConn WBB is a big money maker not only for UConn but for the state of CT, Hartford, everyplace they play, TV, and every company that has something to do with them. I believe it was not a coincidence that Jamalle Tonya and Megan are on the bench. I believe its part of the plan. I also think Shea might be the best candidate to become the next head coach because of what shes doing at Vanderbilt. JMO folks

Reaction Score
I have no knowledge however I have eyes and I see a bunch of Geno's former coaches on the roster. IMO and this is just a guess they know Geno's system, they know how to run Geno's system, and whoever comes in to coach UConn when Geno retires has the coaches to run the show. I do believe when Geno retires he will still be around working part time but not spare time and be paid very well for his time. UConn WBB is a big money maker not only for UConn but for the state of CT, Hartford, everyplace they play, TV, and every company that has something to do with them. I believe it was not a coincidence that Jamalle Tonya and Megan are on the bench. I believe its part of the plan. I also think Shea might be the best candidate to become the next head coach because of what shes doing at Vanderbilt. JMO folks
like a “chairman of the board” type position, makes sense. Would get some of the more grueling stuff off his plate.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Weren't they picked last in the SEC preseason?

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Why couldn't she be a more ideal candidate now that she has more experience?
UConn has been blessed with three great coaches: Auriemma, Calhoun and now Hurley. None of them came from head coaching a major, all have succeeded at building a family type atmosphere for their programs. Those two commonalities are related.

The psychology of building a family atmosphere for a successful program is different than the psychology of moving from one successful major to another. The better Ralph becomes at succeeding with a family approach, the less likely and less suited she would be to leave that.

Reaction Score
This is the first time I've ever disagreed with Tonyc, and I've followed him for many years. Gr8 respect.

When Geno and CD leave -- and I believe they will depart together -- they will stay out of the way out of the spotlight and let the new regime run things their way, however different it may be. It will be stressful enough for the new team to take over the most fabled program in WCBB history without having that HOF duo looking over their shoulders or having the media asking them to comment or critique.

As I noted in my post about coaching changes, planned successions in both sports and business often if not usually fail, so don't be surprised if UConn's AD goes in a different direction. With that said, there's no doubt, should the new crew ask for advice or help in any way, that there will be zero hesitation -- at least until Geno can adjust his tee time.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is the first time I've ever disagreed with Tonyc, and I've followed him for many years. Gr8 respect.

When Geno and CD leave -- and I believe they will depart together -- they will stay out of the way out of the spotlight and let the new regime run things their way, however different it may be. It will be stressful enough for the new team to take over the most fabled program in WCBB history without having that HOF duo looking over their shoulders or having the media asking them to comment or critique.

As I noted in my post about coaching changes, planned successions in both sports and business often if not usually fail, so don't be surprised if UConn's AD goes in a different direction. With that said, there's no doubt, should the new crew ask for advice or help in any way, that there will be zero hesitation -- at least until Geno can adjust his tee time.
Thank you for the kind words . However UConn learned from what happened to Tenn. people don’t plan to fail they fail to plan. UConn has a plan not to fail

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom