She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread] | Page 8 | The Boneyard

She’s Back - Paige Available vs. St. John's [merged thread]

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
If you think she hasnt been practicing with the team and is ready for tonite thats fine. However we have not been privy to much this season so I would tend to think she has for at least the past 5 practices and shes ready to go. Remember Geno saying about Azzi she will need at least 5 practices and then without any notice Azzi was in a game. We knew nothing and we didnt see it coming. Tonite is the nite.

For our opponents Welcome to your Nitemare
Agree 100%. And, as important tonight's game is to see how she looks on the court, even more so is tomorrow, to see how her knee reacts to actual game situation.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
yes you have always been a beacon of positivity in the fog of this dystopian universe...........
Yea, that's me.

Ways-to-Accept-A-Positive-Mental-Attitude-in-Life-1600x1067.jpg

Reaction Score
I went up to Hartford for Sunday and yesterday, to see the team play and hopefully see Paige play. She was without her brace on Sunday and was in uniform last night. My timing was off by 2 days. Darn!!

Best wishes, Paige! We love you and are thrilled to hear this good news.

The 2021-22 season starts for real tomorrow!
Just keep finding players like AZZI FUDD then you and I shall be perpetually happy.

Reaction Score
I assume Paige will come off the bench on Friday. I honestly don’t care if she turns it over half a dozen times and she can’t hit the broad side of a barn shooting it. But the thrill that UConn fans will collectively feel when she takes off her warmups, heads over to the scoring table and checks into the game will be unbelievable.
I like your personal positive thoughts on Paige. Paige will have the typically honeymoon turnovers or not. Paige will get a lot of love from Uconn fans regardless of her turnovers or bad plays. Personally, I hope this is love without end if anyone has earned it, she has.
Lucky for her and us, the growth of Caroline, Azzi, Nika, along with the Seniors has developed a good team. Paige will make them great again.

Reaction Score
I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
Interesting some who claim to love everything Paige think you are a kill joy when all you hope for is a hale and hardy Paige for the Bigger dance and beyond.
I seriously doubt Geno will have Paige being Paige of old. She'll be the PG for a while, take a few shots and stay out of the battles. Then he'll have a look at her movements and make decisions for future work.

Reaction Score
Some of us Husky fans actually like egg salad.
I don't recall saying anything about anybody else's preferences except my own but thanks for sharing your thoughts. Maybe you can enjoy a big portion this evening as we all sit down to enjoy Paige's return to the court.

Reaction Score
I hate to be a killjoy, and no I'm not a doctor and no I don't think that Geno or the med staff want PB to get reinjured but.......I really don't get it........she was favoring the leg a week ago, doesn't seem to be moving that comfortably the other day and now she's coming back with two games left in the regular season against St Johns when she's clearly not needed? My preference would be for her to continue to practice with the team at least until the first or second game of the Big East Tournament........:eek::oops:
You’d be favoring your leg too after 10 weeks, if you still had a brace on it.:rolleyes:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Did both of my (acronym not to be named here) and wore braces on both legs for almost a year post-surgery. Doc was more worried about the 30+ y/o women running into me than the repair itself, as the soccer league had a lot of rookies that didn't know to kick the ball vs ankles and shins, and putting on the brakes was a foreign concept. He also said you'll know when to stop bracing, and that you will need to learn to "run" again w/o it, and let's say, I had a weird "limp" for a while until I consciously thought about running balanced.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
People need to remember, the remaining games in the season are just a tryout for Paige to determine if she will make the post season roster. I hope she makes the team, but we shall see.
Paige is not trying out for anything. If she is cleared by Geno, she will play. Period. There is no such thing as a post season roster.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Geno and CD have a wealth of experience repatriating players back into the rotation. You can be sure they will won’t do anything that could put Paige in harm’s way.
Good word!

Reaction Score
'Mind over Matter' : Is this the same for Paige as 'Muscle Memory' ?

Reaction Score
This is going to be perhaps the most interesting game in recent memory. How will she blend? How will the other players be further elevated in their game by Paige? Who will benefit the most from the great vision? What minutes will there be for everyone? Or, maybe it is just going to be trial and error and the end product is going to be a real joy to be a fan for. I will only say this. The improvements in Caroline, Azzi, Evina, Nika, Dorka and Liv have been very palpable. CW and AE have held their own. Everyone has been called upon at times to put the team on their back. I think we see a different team tonight just by her presence on the court but she is joining a team that is very mentally tough and much more capable than when she left.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom