Shawn Olden - JUCO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shawn Olden - JUCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_8174.PNG

Looks like someone wants to see themselves in a UConn jersey.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We can't use this guy. He is too dumb. Google the campus of Pepperdine and ask yourself why anyone would want to transfer out of there for a Winter in Storrs, CT.

Reaction Score
We can't use this guy. He is too dumb. Google the campus of Pepperdine and ask yourself why anyone would want to transfer out of there for a Winter in Storrs, CT.

Seriously? It is a hoop thing. Plus, as I remember from real people that go to Pepperdine ... they have church service mandatory.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Seriously? It is a hoop thing. Plus, as I remember from real people that go to Pepperdine ... they have church service mandatory.

Best place to meet woman.

Reaction Score
Dry campus too.

Reaction Score
anybody talking down on this recruitment is clueless

and look at the tape, athletic guard who can scorch the nets. probably better than anybody we can get in the spring other than diallo. Also , diallo is not some program changer, he could easily struggle his 1 year here, think of a worst version of drummond. If anything we need an elite big desperately, missing out on richards, bamba, and ikey is mystifying . No clue what KOs plan is there. we are going into next year with enoch durham and diarra, that should alarm everyone.

"Scorch the nets"? The guy is shooting 34% from the field playing at the JUCO level, thats not what you call scorching the nets.

"Athletic guard"? I watched the tape and he has just enough lift to get a dunk when he has a wide open lane to the rim.

His best attribute is that he is not shy from contact and can get to the line, but even there he only shoots 64% from the charity stripe.

The worst part of your post is not that you hype a recruit by incorrectly describing what he brings but that you then dump on the young players that we have, and manage to take another swipe at KO. Speaking about our front court, from "watching the tape" I am more excited about the future of our young big men than I am about Olden committing.

You also forgot to mention we have Tyler Polley (hybrid 4) and Josh Carlton (center) coming in next year, and we are not done recruiting.

Reaction Score
@AfgHusky15 forget your meds? Take a piss elsewhere you over here losing your mind because I said he looks like a good shooter and is athletic . Not even sure if youre trying to troll with all the KO stanning but I'm just gonna ignore it from now on.

Reaction Score
My best guess is this recruitment stemmed from the staff thinking we'd only have Hamidou for a semester. So, that opens up a scholarship that likely would've been taken next year. That leaves 2 open for next year, I believe.

We're in on Olden. Any other 2 guards?

Reaction Score
My best guess is this recruitment stemmed from the staff thinking we'd only have Hamidou for a semester. So, that opens up a scholarship that likely would've been taken next year. That leaves 2 open for next year, I believe.

We're in on Olden. Any other 2 guards?
Ayala reportedly has gown to 6'5 and may also reclass.

KO also coached MJ Walker this summer, so maybe he'll try to get in on his recruitment. At the same time, he may not out of respect for Turgeon, who probably spent a lot of time with him while coaching the US team as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes Pepperdine has a dry campus, no it doesn't have mandatory church services.

Isn't UConn a dry campus, too? I remember our landlords claiming that when I was there as the ice from our kegs melted into the upstairs floor of Carriage House and dripped into our living room.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't care how many hot chicks they have, a dry campus? I can create hot chicks if I'm not on a dry campus any night.

Pepperdine - OUT

Have you ever been to Pepperdine? One of the most beautiful places in the continental US. The "campus" is the hills of Malibu. You take an Uber 5 minutes if you want to go to a bar.

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to Pepperdine? One of the most beautiful places in the continental US. The "campus" is the hills of Malibu. You take an Uber 5 minutes if you want to go to a bar.

No but I've seen and it may be as close to utopia as college can get. But so are beer goggles at 18-23

Reaction Score
In a state where illegal drugs are crossing the border at very high rate, it is hard to believe someone can't sneak a six pack of beer onto a college campus.

Ok I'm on. What am I thinking I'm 57 and still sneaking beer and nippers on to exclusive private golf courses, that would be candy at 18. I take back all my concern, if given the cache Pepperdine it would have been.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I wish I knew the backstory here...

22218_popcorn-loop-infinite.gif

I don't think there is one - not remotely familiar with that poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom