Shame on the offensive coordinator | The Boneyard

Shame on the offensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Verducci mailed it in with Diaco's concurrence or insistence.

They made zero attempt to win this game or put UConn players in position to succeed.

It"s a miracle on Walsh got injured.

Reaction Score
They made no attempt to get a RB out of the backfield. They made no attempt to get a first down.

And the garbage QB stuff was garbage.

That was awful.

Reaction Score
It was 2014 all over again.

Inept offense.

Bad QB play.

QB carousel.

Bizarre timeouts.

FG practice from the right hash.

Air blocking from OLinemen.

I'm willing to give the staff a break because I think we all just saw what 2015 would look like without Shirreffs.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Was this game really that frustrating? We lost to a better team, playing with both hands tied behind our back with Boyle out on the field. If we have Shireffs back and play like this in the bowl game vs. a 7-5 MAC team, THEN I'll be pissed. For now, we lost to a top 25 team on the road with our back-up QB. It happens.

Reaction Score
Don't display this little faith in Boyle, then prop him up as your number two next year in 2016. They have six quarterbacks on their roster. You can't tell me Boyle's better than four of them. There's no point in having depth at all if that's the case.

Reaction Score
Should haves stuck with their offense and trusted Boyle to make some throws. If they were looking to win they would have put the ball in the air early and stretch the field and taken some risks with an interception prone Boyle. Instead they insert an scheme with one week of practice that fell apart in 2 series. Temple was totally keyed on AK and just tee-off on obvious 3rd down pass plays.This was one large turd.

Reaction Score
Was this game really that frustrating? We lost to a better team, playing with both hands tied behind our back with Boyle out on the field. If we have Shireffs back and play like this in the bowl game vs. a 7-5 MAC team, THEN I'll be pissed. For now, we lost to a top 25 team on the road with our back-up QB. It happens.
One half of the team was present playing nearly a full game in 3 quarters. I'd rather lose by 24 with 4 Boyle interceptions than die a slow death driven by fear of doing anything to accelerate a loss. Pathetic game plan, pathetic preparation and a wasted opportunity. That pissed me off.

Reaction Score
Don't display this little faith in Boyle then prop him up as your number two next year in 2016. They have six quarterbacks on their roster. You can't tell me Boyle's better than four of them. There's no point in having depth at all if that's the case.
Boyle is a very poor D1 quarterback and everybody from the coaching staff on down knows it. If he's being propped up as our #2 next year, it will be an admission of failure in recruiting.

Reaction Score
Are You kidding me !! 9 yards rushing. 9 YARDS RUSHING !!!! They didn't play the 85 Bears for kripe sakes.

Reaction Score
The staff was putting future victories in front of winning today. If they wanted to win today, they'd probably have burned Davis's shirt for no reason. This is just one game - No point in wasting future wins for a meaningless win today.

Reaction Score
I don't think the coaches did themselves proud tonight trying to have installed a new system in one week. But unless you think HCBD and Verducci told the OL it was o.k. not to run block any more, you have to be blind to think this was primarily about coaching.

We didn't look like we had any confidence/emotion left after a three game winning streak and last week's hugely emotional win and having to play without our QB. It was fairly predicticable. Again, I think the coaches struck out with their offensive plan. We in fact would have been better off being conservative for a while but let Boyle run the offense. But the level of drama some of you show ....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think the coaches did themselves proud tonight trying to have installed a new system in one week. But unless you think HCBD and Verducci told the OL it was o.k. not to run block any more, you have to be blind to think this was primarily about coaching.

We didn't look like we had any confidence/emotion left after a three game winning streak and last week's hugely emotional win and having to play without our QB. It was fairly predicticable. Again, I think the coaches struck out with their offensive plan. We in fact would have been better off being conservative for a while but let Boyle run the offense. But the level of drama some of you show ....

As I wrote in another thread, the staff shouldn't have waited for Sheriffs to get hurt before figuring out a game plan that Boyle could (or should) execute.

Every week should have included some time running a "Boyle" package. Separate time with coaches too.

Much like in business and government, if you wait for a crisis to come up with a crisis management plan, you are f-ed.

Reaction Score
The staff was putting future victories in front of winning today. If they wanted to win today, they'd probably have burned Davis's shirt for no reason. This is just one game - No point in wasting future wins for a meaningless win today.
There are 12 games. Every one matters. Beating 2 ranked schools back to back and going 7-5 versus 6-6 matters immensely when your program has been on its for 5 years and trying to rebuild a fan base. Plus, this turd probably lost the interest of a few bowl committees. Can we beat Temple? Yes. You have to start there and put together a game plan like you can. There is no shame in putting up your best effort and losing. They weren't even close to that.

Reaction Score
There are 12 games. Every one matters. Beating 2 ranked schools back to back and going 7-5 versus 6-6 matters immensely when your program has been on its for 5 years and trying to rebuild a fan base. Plus, this turd probably lost the interest of a few bowl committees. Can we beat Temple? Yes. You have to start there and put together a game plan like you can. There is no shame in putting up your best effort and losing. They weren't even close to that.

I completely disagree that you burn a kids redshirt for one victory when you're already bowl eligible and the field isn't even filled. Diaco and the staff are thinking long term. I don't think burning Davis's shirt even crossed their minds, as it shouldn't have.

Reaction Score
Dan O would have struggled with our OL play tonight.

I hope Davis is our future because if BS can't throw the long ball next year we won't contend for the AAC title with our current OL and a 20 point a game offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom