Shaheen Holloway to Seton Hall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shaheen Holloway to Seton Hall

Reaction Score
3E516692-92FE-48FC-A5C9-020FFFD87EA1.jpeg

Reaction Score
cant believe how lucky Hall got with the timing of the willard move and the holloway run coinciding
I mean they probably had to pay a million or two more per year than they would have had to otherwise (think he was still the guy even if St. Peter's lost in the first round), but he does have a lot more cache for recruiting now.

Reaction Score
I mean they probably had to pay a million or two more per year than they would have had to otherwise (think he was still the guy even if St. Peter's lost in the first round), but he does have a lot more cache for recruiting now.
you can say that again, every highschool recruit in the country at least knows who he is now

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This worked out well for Seton Hall. I would not be surprised if there was Kevin Willard-fatigue building among the boosters given his first weekend flops, but he was doing OK and he would have been expensive to remove, which is a recipe for inertia. Maryland let the Hall off the hook and SHU ended up with a coach they probably prefer anyway.

Reaction Score
I’ll revisit this in a year or two, but I don’t see Holloway doing as well as Willard did. His defenses at St Peter’s have been good, but he was handed a good defense when St. Peters’ previous coach Dunne left for Marist. In all 4 years as HC, his offenses have been one of the worst in the country in eFG% and TO% (in both categories all 4 seasons).

I know he made a deep tournament run this year, but I look at his resume and I’m pretty skeptical. I could be wrong though, so we’ll see.

Reaction Score
Kind of sucks not to wait at least a day until the sting of the Elite 8 loss is over. Has a bit of Randy Edsall 1.0 feel to it.
Well obviously Holloway must have handled everything with class. No Edsall here.

If there was a surprise Thursday as Holloway was introduced in a tiny Walsh Gymnasium crowd of about 1,000 people, the 15 players from his uplifting Saint Peter's team were in the audience to applaud him.

"It says a lot about Shaheen," Felt said of the Peacocks being there to celebrate their former coach. "It says a lot about him. It says a lot. What he pours in, he gets back."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom