Shaheen Holloway to Seton Hall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shaheen Holloway to Seton Hall

Reaction Score
Probably not a done deal as people are saying but this has been talked about for weeks now and I would hope that SH waited to talk to him until after St. Peter's lost.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Eh, that kinda sucks. Skip town for the payday before you even get back to campus? Thumbs down.
You’re joking right? This has been talked about as being a done deal for weeks by national guys.

Shaheen hasn’t come out and said anything publicly, this is all just reporters reporting on what’s going on behind the scenes.

I’d put my money on “Shaheen is spending time with his team today and traveling with them”.

Some of you are terrible at interpreting reports and making assumptions.
This guy just took this nothing program to the elite 8. Give him a break. He’s allowed to plan his future while working another job.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It appears that someone leaked this before Holloway wanted it leaked. Holloway is probably still going to SHU, but this is the kind of stupid mistake that can blow up a deal.

Reaction Score
He waited 2 weeks. This was done before the tournament even started.
Not sure about that. I'd heard some other schools were showing interest and Seton Hall was getting nervous.

Reaction Score
Great hire by SH
The NBE coaching line up is really great with the exception of one - Miller - that DB should never be coaching again EVERYTHING that was bad at Zona was on him, not prior coaches. Xavier has a huge credibility issue IMHO - there are plenty of good coaches out there who deserve the opportunity - not a proven cheat
Paying players is legal now so you can stop acting so holy about it

Reaction Score
You’re joking right? This has been talked about as being a done deal for weeks by national guys.

Shaheen hasn’t come out and said anything publicly, this is all just reporters reporting on what’s going on behind the scenes.

I’d put my money on “Shaheen is spending time with his team today and traveling with them”.

Some of you are terrible at interpreting reports and making assumptions.
This guy just took this nothing program to the elite 8. Give him a break. He’s allowed to plan his future while working another job.
Sure. Plan your future Tuesday. After you have the presser, talk to your team, travel back to campus and have the pep rally thanking everyone for the amazing run.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it's a step up. Willard did a good job at Seton Hall but he reached his ceiling there and that was a first round exit every year in the tournament. Outside of the Whitehead, Delgado, Carrington class he wasn't recruiting well. I expect Holloway to resonate with recruits right away and he certainly showed he can coach his arse off this tournament. In terms of national perception Holloway is already a bigger name based off of the last 2 weeks than Willard is after 10 years at SHU.
Plus Holloway is likely to stay there even if he does well.

Reaction Score
Heads up for anyone thinking Holloway was gonna pull an Edsall:

"When asked a question that alluded to the Seton Hall job in his news conference, Holloway brushed it aside, much as he has done the past two weeks.

"I'm not worried about that right now," he said. "I'm worried about those 15 young men whose hearts are broken and really down. It's my job as their leader to cheer them up, make sure they understand what they did the last two weeks. And like I said, we're going to walk out of here the same way we walked in here, with our head up." "

Reaction Score
Sure. Plan your future Tuesday. After you have the presser, talk to your team, travel back to campus and have the pep rally thanking everyone for the amazing run.
That’s just not how any of this works

Reaction Score
Kind of sucks not to wait at least a day until the sting of the Elite 8 loss is over. Has a bit of Randy Edsall 1.0 feel to it.
I mean, come on. What does waiting have to do? And, Edsall leaving like he did wasn’t as bad as everyone thinks.

Wait one more day? Coaching changes happen in college sports like this because pay is disparate. Just deal with it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I mean, come on. What does waiting have to do? And, Edsall leaving like he did wasn’t as bad as everyone thinks.

Wait one more day? Coaching changes happen in college sports like this because pay is disparate. Just deal with it.

I don't think Holloway did anything wrong here, but not even flying home with your team was a classless move by Edsall.

Reaction Score
Not sure about that. I'd heard some other schools were showing interest and Seton Hall was getting nervous.
I'm not sure this is true. In fact, if they had lost to Purdue on Friday night, they were going to have a presser scheduled for Tuesday.

Reaction Score

What Edsall did is as bad as it gets. He lectured Jordan Todman and told him he needed to be a man and address his teammates because he was entering the NFL draft and then Edsall abandoned his team and made them fly back to Storrs on their own as he headed off to his new job at Maryland. He hid behind emails.

Reaction Score
Honestly, who gives a about decorum? The guy is going to 10x his salary. Good for him.

Reaction Score
Honestly, who gives a about decorum? The guy is going to 10x his salary. Good for him.
No doubt.

The emotional roller coaster the players were on, headmanned by him the entire way, they deserve the proper end stage from their coach. He's still getting paid regardless and this is far and away the highlight of what most of those guys will ever accomplish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom