SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's very clearly trying to rip up any indication that he's a UConn lean, not a bad strategy to keep other coaches interested and bring in more offers.
Seems like somebody coached him not to say much after what he said about UConn when Diarra committed. He looked very uncomfortable answering any of the questions. Like he was unsure what he should or shouldn't say.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
You can tell his attitude/demeanor from that? I saw a 16 or 17 old kid who wasn't comfortable being questioned by the media and looked like he had been told not to say much after he opened up about UConn when Diarra committed.
Fair enough. He just looked disinterested in having a conversation, even before UConn was mentioned.

Reaction Score
I really don't like his attitude. That's something I hope changes about him if he commits to UConn.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Another one:

I know people on this board don't like people trying to get "reads" on recruits based on Internet tidbits, but I don't think this kid is as high on UConn as many had originally thought.

Reaction Score
I know people on this board don't like people trying to get "reads" on recruits based on Internet tidbits, but I don't think this kid is as high on UConn as many had originally thought.

Agreed.

Reaction Score
Maybe not from a UConn recruiting perspective, but I thought that was a great interview by him. Concise

Reaction Score
He said it himself. It wasn't something people inferred. So did a lot change in 6 weeks? Maybe. Maybe not.

Meanwhile, Diarra's Woodstock teammate, Class of 2017 combo guard (and UConn target) Hamidou Diallo had this to say about where UConn stands with him right now:

“Right now, I’d have to say, if I were to commit, I would be going to UConn. That’s the school that’s been showing me the most love, and I have the best relationship with the head coach. For right now, though.”

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/05/mamadou-diarra-selects-uconn.html

Reaction Score
Jesus, this kid commits to UConn, some on here are gonna hold 1:30 against him for all four years.

Reaction Score
He said it himself. It wasn't something people inferred. So did a lot change in 6 weeks? Maybe. Maybe not.

Meanwhile, Diarra's Woodstock teammate, Class of 2017 combo guard (and UConn target) Hamidou Diallo had this to say about where UConn stands with him right now:

“Right now, I’d have to say, if I were to commit, I would be going to UConn. That’s the school that’s been showing me the most love, and I have the best relationship with the head coach. For right now, though.”

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/05/mamadou-diarra-selects-uconn.html
A very strange interview. Seemed to distance himself from those prior pro-UConn comments.

If he's simply trying to debunk the strong UConn lean perception, to see what else is out there, I'm okay with that. But if he really doesn't see UConn as all that special anymore now that's he's blowing up, then I'm fine with moving on. If I were KO and I wasn't sure where his program stood lately, I'd let him know that I saw the interview and ask him how he felt about UConn.

Granted, he's just a teenager and it's one interview, but as a fan his apathy toward our program and past success was a bit of a turnoff.

Reaction Score
A very strange interview. Seemed to distance himself from those prior pro-UConn comments.

If he's simply trying to debunk the strong UConn lean perception, to see what else is out there, I'm okay with that. But if he really doesn't see UConn as all that special anymore now that's he's blowing up, then I'm fine with moving on. If I were KO and I wasn't sure where his program stood lately, I'd let him know that I saw the interview and ask him how he felt about UConn.

Granted, he's just a teenager and it's one interview, but as a fan his apathy toward our program and past success was a bit of a turnoff.
I'm pretty sure that KO and Diallo communicate with each other enough to the point where this interview will not have any impact on KO's recruiting strategy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That looked like what would happen if someone tried to interview my 12-year old nephew.

A bunch of non-answers and a persistent "are we done yet" look.

Basically, that's the interview every kid should give when some internet nitwit tries to stage an interview with a cell phone and no clue.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Didn't see anything wrong with Diallo's brief responses to the interviewer's busch league questions. He seemed like he was all about business. He's got a lot more basketball to focus on before any final decision is made public. I'd imagine some "internet nitwit" would be the last person he gives any insider info to.

Reaction Score
My issue with the armchair psychology is that you in particular literally did the same thing in the Alterique Gilbert thread and other threads associated with him and you were resigned to him going to Louisville, and look how that turned out. So after all of that you're really going to go down the same road again?

Reaction Score

You on June 23rd: "It's unsettling how much AG's interview responses and general attention have shifted away from KO and UConn."

July 4th: Alterique unsettles the rest of the country by becoming a Husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom