SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW to those who get excited, I responded to his Tweet and he just favorited and retweeted mine in which I basically said we all hope he leaves Storrs committed to UConn and that Ollie will get him a ring and into the pros.

Also, does anyone know if he's still playing at Bosco in Pasadena? ESPN says Napa. I live in LA and wouldn't mind going to one of his games, possibly decked out head to toe in UConn gear.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FWIW to those who get excited, I responded to his Tweet and he just favorited and retweeted mine in which I basically said we all hope he leaves Storrs committed to UConn and that Ollie will get him a ring and into the pros.

Also, does anyone know if he's still playing at Bosco in Pasadena? ESPN says Napa. I live in LA and wouldn't mind going to one of his games, possibly decked out head to toe in UConn gear.

He transferred to Prolific Prep in Napa in mid August.

Reaction Score
I seen him play as a sophomore at HoopHall with DHam. Dorsey didn't play that game so DHam ran point on offense and played center in the zone on D. After the game Jackson and DHam went to the game we played Louisville when Ollie got ejected.

What stood out was Jackson just lighting it up form the outside, had like 6 threes and led team in scoring. At that time he did seem a little soft for his size as he didn't go inside much. He was still so young though so I'm sure that's changed. Would be great get for us.

I have a good feeling about him we been on him for a while now.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
We could really use his 3 point shooting, but it'll be close because Cuonzo is on quite a roll too and seems like he's ready to take Cal up a notch without question. I'm going to be rooting for them in their conference this year.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think we definitely have a shot at Vance just based on how long Ollie has been on him and his relationship with D-Ham. He's been vocal about how distance is not a factor in his recruiting. I also like that we have the first visit. Let's lock him up. Does anyone know if he's scheduled to officially visit Cal or Memphis?

Reaction Score
Was at that Hoophall game and 100% echo comments from candyman34. Jackson was a sophomore and had filling out to do, but he wasn't a stringbean and did contribute to the scrum down low. He stood out for his shooting, but showed as an all around player. Besides playing point guard on offense, Hamilton played center on defense, and, had no fouls until the last minute of the game, plus over 30 pts.

Reaction Score
Damn, Pasadena is only like 15 minutes from me. Would have loved to go to a game.

FYI: St John Bosco (his old school) isn't in Pasadena. It's in Bellflower (~30 miles from Pasadena). So, maybe it's even closer to you than Pasadena. The only Trinity league school that isn't in the OC.

However, his high school for his freshman year was LaSalle, which is in Pasadena. He went to St John Bosco for the next two years.

Reaction Score
Word I am hearing is that Huskies are looking good. Loves Martin at Cal, but knows that Rabb and Brown likely gone after one year. Stability of UConn is attractive because he realizes he is a multi year player, and of course, he loves Ollie. Only thing that hurts is distance. Cal is a nice local option.

Hearing Memphis is a distant third and visit there might not happen.

Reaction Score
Hearing from an aau guy that we have a real shot at vance. He loves ollie

Great to hear. But then again, who doesn't love Ollie?!? Ollie is a recruiting beast and this is only his 4th season. Very, very bright future ahead for UConn basketball program.

Reaction Score
FYI: St John Bosco (his old school) isn't in Pasadena. It's in Bellflower (~30 miles from Pasadena). So, maybe it's even closer to you than Pasadena. The only Trinity league school that isn't in the OC.

However, his high school for his freshman year was LaSalle, which is in Pasadena. He went to St John Bosco for the next two years.

Gothca, thanks. I remember seeing he played in Bellflower but then Pasadena and then Napa so I wasn't sure which school was where. Pasadena is closer. My best friend used to live in Bellflower, it's a decent amount farther and in LA traffic that's like days. Either way, now he's too far. Not driving up to wine country to watch him, unless me showing up guarantees he signs with UConn and as much as I'd like to think just seeing me in UConn gear would be enough, I think I'm aiming high on those hopes.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Gothca, thanks. I remember seeing he played in Bellflower but then Pasadena and then Napa so I wasn't sure which school was where. Pasadena is closer. My best friend used to live in Bellflower, it's a decent amount farther and in LA traffic that's like days. Either way, now he's too far. Not driving up to wine country to watch him, unless me showing up guarantees he signs with UConn and as much as I'd like to think just seeing me in UConn gear would be enough, I think I'm aiming high on those hopes.
Where in LA are you? I'm in Tujunga.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Studio City now but have been in Century City the majority of the time.
West LA to The Valley - interesting. I work downtown across the street from the Music Center.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
West LA to The Valley - interesting. I work downtown across the street from the Music Center.

Yea, I know...I started in Burbank when I first moved here, went west for a long time and came back this way. Downtown is cool. They've done a lot over the last couple of years. Guessing the commute isn't terrible from Tujunga? Been out in LA a while?

Reaction Score
Where in LA are you? I'm in Tujunga.
Yea, I know...I started in Burbank when I first moved here, went west for a long time and came back this way. Downtown is cool. They've done a lot over the last couple of years. Guessing the commute isn't terrible from Tujunga? Been out in LA a while?
I am in Oxnard, or as we like to call it, North Malibu, not too far away. Maybe we can assemble the SoCal Chapter to take in a game???

Reaction Score
I am in Oxnard, or as we like to call it, North Malibu, not too far away. Maybe we can assemble the SoCal Chapter to take in a game???

Definitely. Always good to have other Huskies fans to watch games with! Maybe not in North Malibu, lol but somewhere fair for all. There was a bar in West LA called South and when we won it in 2011, I showed up for the Final 4 and it happened to be a UConn alumni party there and again for the championship game. It was amazing to find so many UConn people in LA. Made watching the championship game almost feel like home.

Reaction Score
I know everyone always says take whoever you can get/ whoever wants to commit first, but I really kinda hope Vance holds off a little while at least so we can see how Wenyen Gabriel's recruitment pans out. Vance would be in college longer most likely , but Wenyen seems to have a higher upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom