SF Mario Kegler (Mississippi State Commit) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SF Mario Kegler (Mississippi State Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Ollie is part of the solution not the problem. We are expecting him to do it all himself. One observation, maybe traning facilities are overrated when it comes to recruiting impact. Look at our football program, our level of recruit has not improved at all - true other factors are at play - but that's proof it's not so important.

Reaction Score
Ollie is part of the solution not the problem. We are expecting him to do it all himself. One observation, maybe traning facilities are overrated when it comes to recruiting impact. Look at our football program, our level of recruit has not improved at all - true other factors are at play - but that's proof it's not so important.

Ha, for years the boneyard mantra was, "how are we supposed to recruit at the highest level with substandard facilities?" Now, they are overrated? I'm not saying you are wrong; because you are not. Perhaps we have to face the facts that for whatever reason, be it conference, dairy barn, ceiling tiles, or "talent", we will never be able to consistently be a top 10 recruiting locale the likes of the other "blue bloods."

Reaction Score

There are a lot of things wrong with UConn football, but if you look at the amount of pros that UConn has produced, you see that talent was not a big problem until 2 years ago. When PP was crying about bare cupboards, that very year 4 UConn kids were drafted.

Right now talent has fallen. BUT, the talented kids were coming to UConn prior to that. Maybe they should have done better at the time, but DJ Hernandez, Tyler Lorenzen, Matt Bonislawski, Zach Frazer, Johnny McEntee, and Chandler Witmer are NOT the kind of QBs you need to propel you to the next level.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I think I understand this post...not a good sign

Wow
Not a good sign how? That this one incoherent poster isn't happy with Kevin Ollie? I don't get it.

Reaction Score
Inyatkin said:
Not a good sign how? That this one incoherent poster isn't happy with Kevin Ollie? I don't get it.

I thought the same thing you did on first read. I think he means it's not a good sign for himself that he's becoming fluent in Chap.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I thought the same thing you did on first read. I think he means it's not a good sign for himself that he's becoming fluent in Chap.
Now that makes sense.

Reaction Score
Now that makes sense.
when you start thinking Chap's meaning is more asinine than his word choice, that's when you crossover the boneyard point of no return. Got there a few days ago

Reaction Score

Yes that was my point...Fluent in chap is scary ...

Reaction Score
My fellow Boneyarders and Husky fans need to realize that we are just now catching up to other programs with regard to facilities. What other team that we go up against in hoops for recruits does not wither have a very recently built or updated practice facility? In 2014, we just caught up to other programs, we haven;t surpassed them facilities wise.

With football, yes our faciltiies are nice but most other programs have equally nice or even better than we do. Plus we are in a crappy conference and our QBs for nearly the last 10 years have been putrid. HArd to win with bad quarterbacking and receivers who drop passes and can't get open. Our offense has been among the worst out there (IMO). Running backs have been pretty good but overall, the offense sucks a fat one.

Reaction Score
There are very few programs whose basketball facilities match or exceed the facility we just built.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
@jerrymeyer247: 2016 top 40 Mario Kegler said #UConn recruiting him hardest. Hearing from Miss St, Tenn, Ohio St also http://post original url/m5QI45Fbsa #hoopexchange

Only school that scares me there is OSU. Matta may be a great player developer, but he usually brings in a very solid haul and he's reached into the south before.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Only school that scares me there is OSU. Matta may be a great player developer, but he usually brings in a very solid haul and he's reached into the south before.
VJ King is a OSU lean already, but we may be second on his list. They won't be going to the same school. If we end up with one of the two I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
VJ King is a OSU lean already, but we may be second on his list. They won't be going to the same school. If we end up with one of the two I'll be happy.

i agree, i think we get one of the two

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

High school highlight videos don't often impress me the way that one did. Holy Smokes, that kid can play! Rudy Gay's length and hops with a healthy dose of Ray Allen silky smoothness...

For others who watch them only sparingly, this one is worth the time.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
High school highlight videos don't often impress me the way that one did. Holy Smokes, that kid can play! Rudy Gay's length and hops with a healthy dose of Ray Allen silky smoothness...

For others who watch them only sparingly, this one is worth the time.
Not saying I don't think he's a beast, but I think there's a good chance he ends up having to play the 4 more than the 3. He's got a thick frame and his handle doesn't seem too great. But he's supposed to be a good rebounder and clearly he has a great looking shot. Doesn't remind me of Rudy much at all. Not as agile or athletic, but has better touch than Gay did in HS.

Reaction Score

i see some harrison barnes...btw josh jackson looks like he could go straight to the league after hs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom