SF Justin Jackson Summary to Avoid Wieldy Thread | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson Summary to Avoid Wieldy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Synopsis for those who don't want to go through lots of pages: JJ is not going to UNLV (coaching change). He's looking at Maryland, UConn and Oregon. He's taken official visits to those schools in that order with Oregon being this past weekend.

Jerry Meyer switched his crystal ball pick from Maryland to UConn. I've learned that there is some value to crystal ball picks with Jerry Meyer,Corey Evans, and Andrew Slater having some cred. The rest are probably garbage.

The people in this forum with decent contacts believe UConn is in good shape. But recruiting is fluid, these kids are young, so take things with a grain of salt. I started the Curly thing (which led to BC) to demonstrate that even the most insider of insiders (JC) got hit with this mantra.

There is nothing knew to concern yourself regarding JJ. Don't bother with this thread. Just wait until you see a post that says JJ going to ___________ and you can save yourself a lot of time. The filler you see in these threads are just things people choose to post to interact and socialize while waiting for the announcement.

I will add two things to this synopsis. @Hungryhusky99 asked @Hyskyforlife today if his guy still thinks he's ours and life replied "He doesn't just think, he knows."

Now don't hit the message if it proves wrong but life knows a friend of KO and has been predictive in the past. So take things with a positive grain of salt if you dare.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Thanks, Fleud. That does just about bring us up to date.

I'd like to add a brief editorial comment. I think a lot of 'yarders worry a little to much about getting the perfect five, or the ideal stretch four, and pigeonhole players based on height and muscle mass. The classic example on the current squad is Facey. When you watch him play he's much more comfortable facing up on offense with his build, despite his 6'9". And on defense he gets overpowered by strong 4's. He's much more of a 3-4 than a 4-5. He's been playing a bit out of position by necessity, and that hinders his performance. I hope he's working a lot on his handle and mid-range shooting in the offseason.

Thus you see commentary that we have too many 3's, or 4's. That can actually be a feature, rather than a bug. It allows you to create mismatches if the players are good enough. You really want guys who are versatile enough to play multiple spots on defense and on offense, and all of whom can shoot. 'Nova won last year because they had four shooters on the floor almost always, even when they went to the bench. The Celts had a big comeback against Atlanta at home in the playoffs in Millsap's 45 point game when they stuck PG/2G 6'5" Marcus Smart on him in the 4th quarter and he shut down the 6'9" PF. A 6'4 1/2" Barkley was a great power forward, explosive and strong inside but quicker than the big guys outside.

Don't worry so much about size at any position (though obviously you do need some size). We want speed, strength, versatility, ball handling and shooting. By the way, JJ would bring all five.

Reaction Score
Synopsis for those who don't want to go through lots of pages: JJ is not going to UNLV (coaching change). He's looking at Maryland, UConn and Oregon. He's taken official visits to those schools in that order with Oregon being this past weekend.

Jerry Meyer switched his crystal ball pick from Maryland to UConn. I've learned that there is some value to crystal ball picks with Jerry Meyer,Corey Evans, and Andrew Slater having some cred. The rest are probably garbage.

The people in this forum with decent contacts believe UConn is in good shape. But recruiting is fluid, these kids are young, so take things with a grain of salt. I started the Curly thing (which led to BC) to demonstrate that even the most insider of insiders (JC) got hit with this mantra.

There is nothing knew to concern yourself regarding JJ. Don't bother with this thread. Just wait until you see a post that says JJ going to ___________ and you can save yourself a lot of time. The filler you see in these threads are just things people choose to post to interact and socialize while waiting for the announcement.

I will add two things to this synopsis. @Hungryhusky99 asked @Hyskyforlife today if his guy still thinks he's ours and life replied "He doesn't just think, he knows."

Now don't hit the message if it proves wrong but life knows a friend of KO and has been predictive in the past. So take things with a positive grain of salt if you dare.

I couldn't tell if the post between huskyforlife and hungryhusky was serious or nonsense. Appreciate the confirmation.

Reaction Score
The Curley name struck a chord with me. While he was at BCU we BEAT him 8 straight times!!!!!:)
:):):):):)

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Yes, but he got further in the NCAA tournament than we did (reference Donyell)
The Curley name struck a chord with me. While he was at BCU we BEAT him 8 straight times!!!!!:)
:):):):):)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It took all of 4 replies to turn this fresh JJ thread into the old JJ thread.
And it took this post to turn it into another one of the endless threads filled with posts about how off topic the thread itself is. We get it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And it took this post to turn it into another one of the endless threads filled with posts about how off topic the thread itself is. We get it.
They aren't actually endless - just really really long. Oh, wait. So sorry.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The next time someone has a great idea on how to herd the gerbils on this site, take a moment and tell yourself that it won't work and then shove an ice pick in your ear.

We didn't need a second thread here.

Reaction Score
I have actual news (kind of)!

This girl I know is a cheerleader at Maryland, who (claims to) actually have JJ's number and talk to him. Anyways, she told me earlier today that Jackson reportedly texted her that he was undecided and still considering us, OR, and MD with no leader. Of course, she has a true rooting interest and I'm not hearing this directly, so take with a grain of salt. Still, it's something, and I think worth sharing.

I hope 10000% she's wrong and that Jackson commits here over the next 72 hours. But, who knows. He's followed through with his reputation, and been very tight lipped over the past week. I hope this saga ends soon.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
index.php

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
And it took this token "we get it post" for us to know that you get it. We get that you get it.
Wow, I have to hand it to you, this comment is incredible clever. It's like you just repeated what I said while saying something even less insightful than the original.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The next time someone has a great idea on how to herd the gerbils on this site, take a moment and tell yourself that it won't work and then shove an ice pick in your ear.

We didn't need a second thread here.
Nah! We haven't reached the thread quota yet. I did open myself up to immediate doom with the way I worded the title, not that there is any way to avoid a thread from spiraling out of control. But I accomplished some of my intent which was to offer some people the opportunity to get the gist of JJ's recruitment that did not want to sift through that other thread and that makes the effort worthwhile.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
My sources say that Jackson is deciding between Maryland, Oregon and UConn. The sources also say that people are pretending like they know where he's going when in reality, they don't.

Reaction Score
My sources say that Jackson is deciding between Maryland, Oregon and UConn. The sources also say that people are pretending like they know where he's going when in reality, they don't.
Well, husky4life just got Vital right with help from his source, Zionn, although scarcely around is one of the most reliable guys, and I can't blame him
for not being around when the good guys on the board often get chastised for no reason. And 3, 99, Bruce and tcf give us pretty much everything they get. Play nice. I, for one am grateful for them

Reaction Score
If you're talking about me, what I wrote is 100% true. Not trying to pull anyone's leg. Whether or not you believe me is up to you, but it's true and I have the messages to prove it. I would never try to troll this board in any way. We've already suffered enough with the CR bs.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Well, husky4life just got Vital right with help from his source, Zionn, although scarcely around is one of the most reliable guys, and I can't blame him
for not being around when the good guys on the board often get chastised for no reason. And 3, 99, Bruce and tcf give us pretty much everything they get. Play nice. I, for one am grateful for them
Wasn't really directed towards them. More-so directed towards the repetition and speculation of some people that happens every time a recruit narrows down to us and a few others.

Reaction Score
Wow, I have to hand it to you, this comment is incredible clever. It's like you just repeated what I said while saying something even less insightful than the original.

It couldn't get much less insightful.

We get it.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
@3uconn doesn't hang around here anymore. He's on to bigger and better things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom