Seventy Eight - Nil | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seventy Eight - Nil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The guy is a classless POS, even if it is Rutgers. There is no room for that in amateur sports, and demonstrates no respect for opposing players. You want to hang 50+ on an opponent, Ok, but 70/80 is way out of line. Total jack ace in Michigan and looks like Warde has zero control to put reigns on him.
So 50 is the cutoff for "keeping it classy"? It could have been 100, seriously 78 was keeping it down. Did you even watch the 2nd half? The backups played the 2nd half. Michigan threw 2 passes on their first possession of 3Q and that was it. They ran the ball every play from then on out. Do you tell the back ups not to execute? Short of Michigan taking a knee every snap beginning in the third quarter there wasn't much they could do. It was not classless, it was Rutgers being outclassed talent wise. But hey.... fired Warde.

Reaction Score
These numbers are unreal.

Total yds: Mich 600 RU 39
Rushing yds: Mich 481 RU 34
Passing: Mich 8/16 for 119 yds; RU 2/18 for 5 yds

1st downs: Mich 23 RU 2
RU 0 for 17 on 3rd down
RU had 0 1st downs until 9:06 left in the 4th Qtr

RU 16 punts for 603 yds

Reaction Score
I have probably said this a million times, but the checks from the BiG are great, but as a Rutgers fan are you having much fun? Who would possibly want to sit or tune into that slop? It's really not long before Rutgers becomes a NJ home game every other year for OSU and UM.

Remember Conte when Calhoun used it as a UCONN home game for the Boston area?

Reaction Score
The guy is a classless POS, even if it is Rutgers. There is no room for that in amateur sports, and demonstrates no respect for opposing players. You want to hang 50+ on an opponent, Ok, but 70/80 is way out of line. Total jack ace in Michigan and looks like Warde has zero control to put reigns on him.
I don't like Harbough, but I don't know what more he could've done beyond taking a knee every play of the second half. It's the defenses job to stop them.

Reaction Score
Out of the 33 offensive snaps that Michigan had in the second half, 3 passes were attempted. In fact, after they went up by 21, they ran just four passes the rest of the first half. Our own pass-skittish Diaco attempts more passes in a full drive. Does a coach who spends 91% of his second half plays running sound like someone trying to run up the score? Was he supposed to tell his kids to dive after they gained 5 yards? Are you going to complain about the defense not letting poor Rutty score, or even get a first down until the final couple drives? Or was the defense supposed to take a few plays off?

Sorry bud; Rutgers is just that bad this year, and this is what they signed up for coming in to the B1G. Think before you post.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I watched the whole game. Michigan was running for 40 yards between the tackles. Harbaugh wasn't trying to run up the score but I was hoping for 85.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Imagine the Big 10 throwing a huge soiree at an exclusive country club and then Bill Murray from Stripes (pre-army part) shows up.

That's Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Action off the field during Rutgers' 78-0 loss to Michigan (some fun pics within)

04.jpg

Reaction Score
Next picture caption is "It did not appear that stadium security or police made any arrests during this altercation, which lasted for several minutes". And later on there is a video of a fenced-off Michigan alum section. Like they can't stand the concept of intermingling with Rutty fans. Jesus that article is gold; apparently at one point the Rutty band played Hail to the Victor.

Hope you're happy, B1G.

Reaction Score
Maybe Rutgers should have stayed in th Big East ? They can't lose enough for me !!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah the Big10 wanted the NYC/NJ exposure but at this point Stony Brook is a more formidable athletic program than Rutgers
Wonder now if they have any regrets?
Can the conferences trade Rutgers for UConn?
Not saying that UConn football is a step up but that Rutgers athletic department is in chaos

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Michigan ran the ball the entire 2nd half after that first scoring drive. They took out most of their starters at halftime. You have to still play football. Getting the 2s and 3s and 4s valuable playing time.

This loss is completely on Rutgers. Michigan and Harbaugh didn't run it up at all. Michigan is just far superior than Rutgers. Rutgers has a LONG way to go if they ever are going to competitive in the B1G. Right now, the only value Rutgers brings to the B1G is cable box money. A dumpster fire football and MBB program that ensures the midwestern B1G schools can 1) get more money; 2) get easy wins; 3) recruit NJ without any resistance whatsoever from the home school. Seems like a slam dunk invite for Michigan, tOSU, MSU, UW, Nebraska, Iowa, Penn St, etc.

Reaction Score
Participation trophies for everyone!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
3rd string fullbacks were sprinting past the Rutgers secondary. The Scarlet Knights quit on their coach.

In 1972, Nebraska beat Army 77-7 at Michie. Nebraska scored the first 77 until Army scored in the last minute. Rutgers outdid the Black Knights, something i never thought I would see in my lifetime. Congrats to those on the banks of the ole Raritan. Rutgers Al, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom