Seton Hall Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Great game by both teams, but another missed opportunity due to poor late game execution. Last possession, 26 secs left on the shot clock and not even able to get a shot off. Even without Cole on the floor, that is unacceptable. Smh

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Simply not that good of a team. Surprised we were in it the way we were. Happy we were able to play given the covid situation. Maybe in the next year or two we could be a real contender again

Reaction Score
Year 4 and talent is still an issue.

Seton Hall has two really good guards. We have one decent one.

That last set was certainly something.

I can’t believe we didn’t go get a guard this off-season.

Akok isn’t there defensively but Whaley isn’t good and got abused too. Difference is, Akok can shoot the ball.

Happy to watch basketball again.

Reaction Score
Poor late-game execution by the guards and coaches. It was great to be in it to the end... this team is so much fun to watch. But we need to get over this hump. MSU, Providence, WVU, and now Seton Hall? Heck, even the Auburn and VCU wins we almost threw away late. The late-game breakdowns are shocking.

Part of the problem is not having a savvy backup guard. Gaffney just isn't ready for these moments mentally. But this has been a pattern for years now--some of that has to go back to coaching at a certain point.

Reaction Score
Year 4 and talent is still an issue.

Seton Hall has two really good guards. We have one decent one.

That last set was certainly something.

I can’t believe we didn’t go get a guard this off-season.

Akok isn’t there defensively but Whaley isn’t good and got abused too. Difference is, Akok can shoot the ball.

Happy to watch basketball again.
Richmond was our guard and we stuck with Gaffney lol

Reaction Score
Great game by both teams, but another missed opportunity by poor late game execution. Last possession, 26 secs left on the shot clock and not even able to get a shot off. Even without Cole on the floor, that is unacceptable. Smh
An incredibly horrible possession. Zero movement until it was too late. It's really hard to imagine that is the best set they could come up with, even harder to actually watch it.

Reaction Score
I think the score is a bit misleading. Hall outplayed us by a lot, especially in the second half.

We were just outcoached. At some point you think maybe try putting someone besides Tyrese on Kadary Richmond? Or double team him? What do I know

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think the score is a bit misleading. Hall outplayed us by a lot, especially in the second half.

We were just outcoached. At some point you think maybe try putting someone besides Tyrese on Kadary Richmond? Or double team him? What do I know
The answer is you play zone….

Reaction Score
Richmond was our guard and we stuck with Gaffney lol
Richmond was never happening. Obviously not bringing in another PG is looking to be a big mistake, but Richmond to Seton Hall was a lock before he transferred from what everyone here has said

Reaction Score
I thought Hurley coached a pretty good game with the exception of the ob play on the last possession of regulation and the second to last possession of ot.

With the long layoff, Hurley had good substitution patterns getting guys rest when needed. Played the hot hands and realized a couple of times when he tried to go small ball that it wasn’t working and got bigs back in.

Another game that could have been won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom