Seton hall just beat nova | The Boneyard

Seton hall just beat nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Of course the entire time ESPN saying Nove was trying to "hold off" Seton Hall, even though Hall led the majority of the game. Waiting for the "shock" headline later...

Are they still a 1 seed?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Really great game by Seton Hall, and AWFULL loss for Nova. I get they only have 4 losses this year, but losing to Seton Hall is worse than losing to Houston for sure. Hall is now 17-16 and 7-12 in the Big East. Looks like they are NIT bound - good for them!

And Nova just played themselves to a 2 seed. Having said that, I would have liked to see Nova be a 1 seed - would have been funny to see them possibly go down in the first round to a plucky 16 seed...

Reaction Score
Wow....the "new" BE just sucks!!!! Nice job by #3 Nova. LOL....The Hall was playing for a .500 record and possibly NIT birth. So what does that conference have? Creighton and then everyone else???

Even the Hoyas fell apart losing badly to Depaul (without Melvin) last night.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall controlled the whole game until a 16-0 run by Nova with about 8 minutes left in the 2nd half, it looked like Nova would pull away but the Hall hung tough. That was a sweet step back jumper by Sterling Gibbs.

Reaction Score
The conference is weak, I could see Seton Hall winning the tournament.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
no need to wonder, the answer is yes. Louisville now has a clear shot to a one seed.

That they were ever considered a 1 seed is scary enough. Not enough good teams I suppose. WSU, Florida and Arizona should be locks. Last spot is up for grabs among Louisville, UVA, Duke and even Michigan. Maybe Syracuse if they win out beating NCST, Duke and UVA.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
PC is kind of like BCU, no? Crappy and irrelevant hoops program, but at least BCU has a football team and is in a good conference. You guys have about 5 total fans too, and all of them seem to post on the BY.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

You are going to be hard pressed to find AAC Tournament defenders here.
But that doesn't change the fact that the Big East is a sad league this year, and the tournament a dud from a fan interest standpoint.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
No one wants that fourth No. 1 seed. It could still be Syracuse.

Reaction Score
A lot of people are saying Kansas will be the 4th #1 seed if they win the Big 12 tourney. Has there ever been a #1 seed with 8 losses?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
losing to Seton Hall is worse than losing to Houston for sure.

Interesting theory, but provably wrong. Houston has a 157 RPI and Seton Hall has 123.

Villanova is finished as a 1 seed regardless.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I would bet against the Friday night and championship games to be filled with fans now, like it used to be - Gtown lost, Nova lost......

Reaction Score
A lot of people are saying Kansas will be the 4th #1 seed if they win the Big 12 tourney. Has there ever been a #1 seed with 8 losses?
No, heard it over the weekend. No #1 seed has ever had 8 or more losses.

Reaction Score
That they were ever considered a 1 seed is scary enough. Not enough good teams I suppose. WSU, Florida and Arizona should be locks. Last spot is up for grabs among Louisville, UVA, Duke and even Michigan. Maybe Syracuse if they win out beating NCST, Duke and UVA.
No way Duke is getting a 1 seed.

If UVa or Syracuse win the ACCT, they have a shot.

Reaction Score
The four teams in this afternoon's BE games all hail from areas a hell of a lot closer to NYC than Houston & SMU are to Memphis. You know that FriarJ. I would expect this afternoon's games in the Garden to have been sold out. If not, something is wrong.
Tonight's games, in Memphis, are long sold out. Unfortunately, for UConn, we have to beat Memphis, there, for a very difficult 3rd win in the same year.
Speaking of difficulties, PC will have a tough time vs the johnnies in the Garden. The winner of that game gets a big break. They then play Seton Hall. A lot easier than Nova.
I do believe the johnnies need to beat both PC & SHU to get invited to the big dance. If you guys get by St. John's you get in. Beat SHU and you probably avoid a play in game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No way Duke is getting a 1 seed.

If UVa or Syracuse win the ACCT, they have a shot.

Agree it is unlikely. I'd give UVA the edge, but Syracuse has fewer losses, and the bracket is set up for them to play both Duke and UVA. NC State will probably beat them instead. :)

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
eh, if kansas wins i see kansas... also virginia too
I can't see KU. Really tough schedule, but just too many losses. What if UVA loses somewhere in their tournament? I could see Cuse or Duke getting it if either of them win. So with the probable champion of the ACC getting one, with Florida and (bleh) Wichita State essentially locked in, I say AZ gets it as long as they win their tournament, which they should. Top 10 SoS with three total losses, only one coming outside the top 50 to #53 Cal.

Embiid is also very questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32