Session 1: Recruiting Updates | The Boneyard

Session 1: Recruiting Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Figured we can start a thread with all the recruiting news from this weekend. If you see where or who we're watching... put it here.

UA and Nike in NYC. Adidas in TX.

Where in the world is KO?

Reaction Score
247 reports 2017 #24 shooting guard Lonnie Walker offered by UConn & Syracuse w/ crystal ball to Nova

Reaction Score
A question for those in the know. Figured this thread was a reasonable place to put the question.
Why is Jordy Tshimanga never mentioned by us or anybody, and still uncommitted in 2016. He is the prototype backboard eating take no prisoners power player at 6'11 270 lbs, ranked around #150+/-, he's local at MacDuffie School. He is exactly what we wanted Rakim Lubin to be, and he is the main man in every game I have seen him play in. We look for rebounding help and his name never comes up. I figured grades might be involved but his crystal ball is Boston College so he must do ok in the classroom but still not like BC if he hasn't committed. I know his teammate is Calipari's son so he automatically has visibility, plus he has had big impact in games at Hoophall for 2 years in front of every big time coach. Clue me in why he gets no buzz on this board or nationally.

Reaction Score
A question for those in the know. Figured this thread was a reasonable place to put the question.
Why is Jordy Tshimanga never mentioned by us or anybody, and still uncommitted in 2016. He is the prototype backboard eating take no prisoners power player at 6'11 270 lbs, ranked around #150+/-, he's local at MacDuffie School. He is exactly what we wanted Rakim Lubin to be, and he is the main man in every game I have seen him play in. We look for rebounding help and his name never comes up. I figured grades might be involved but his crystal ball is Boston College so he must do ok in the classroom but still not like BC if he hasn't committed. I know his teammate is Calipari's son so he automatically has visibility, plus he has had big impact in games at Hoophall for 2 years in front of every big time coach. Clue me in why he gets no buzz on this board or nationally.
To me he's kind of a prototypical "plodding big man," which is somewhat going out of fashion. His lack of lateral quickness and hops will become a much bigger issue in college than they have been in high school - even the best high school conference in the country. Enoch, for example, is a much quicker player, but we saw how much he struggled on defense this year, and how he wasn't able to rebound out-of-area.

That said, Tshimanga does have an offer from Arizona, as well as a bunch of lower-tier ACC teams. Seems about right for a high 3-star player.

Reaction Score
Plus an hour ago I was parked next to a black Avalanche in Glastonbury with the license plate
"Ollie 1" so evidently he was also taking the time to grocery shop. I'm thinkin he has some Michael Keaton Multiplicity goin on

Ollie owned/owns a home in Glastonbury. I'm not sure if he still lives there since his divorce. I would not be surprised if was him or maybe someone in his family.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why would crean waste his time with Diallo? It's pretty much down to the other three schools right?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Plus an hour ago I was parked next to a black Avalanche in Glastonbury with the license plate
"Ollie 1" so evidently he was also taking the time to grocery shop. I'm thinkin he has some Michael Keaton Multiplicity goin on
His son drives that car - a lot

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why would crean waste his time with Diallo? It's pretty much down to the other three schools right?

Crean has other targets in the game. '17 PG Jose Alvarado (Christ the King) is on the Rens, and 4-star Jordan Tucker (Archbishop Stepinac in Westchester) is on the Lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom