Session 1: Recruiting Updates | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Session 1: Recruiting Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously, Hamidou is solidifying top 10 status and may start creeping towards top 5 after this live period depending on what happens in July.

Reaction Score
Looks like he kid he dunked on is Justyn Hamilton, a 6-foot-10 center who has offers from VCU, UCF and a bunch of smaller schools.

Poor kid's gonna have PTSD after that one.

Reaction Score
Wow, some eye-opening stuff right there. Jalen Adams, Alterique Gilbert, Diallo(?), Larrier, Diarra, Steven Enoch, Vance Jackson, Juwan Durham: the year is 2017-2018.

Hmmmmmmm.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm guessing Ollie talked/texted Brown that he wants to be at his game, but he has other recruits that aren't 10 toes in yet. I'm guessing Brown understands, we really can't afford to lose him.

Reaction Score

Cam Reddish (took an unofficial this year) and recently offered Lonnie Walker on Team Final

Reaction Score
FYI Only a couple of games so far, but took note that Waters was 7 for 11 from 3 pt and 12 of 13 from the line. Means he is spotting up from behind the arc but also attacking the paint to get fouled or getting fouled in endgame situations and making clutch free throws. Plus 4.7 rebounds 5 assists, and 2.3 steals per game with 4 Turnovers per game is a pretty good stat line. Diallo I'm sure is athletically spectacular BUT not necessarily more efficient than other top players. 1 for 4 from 3 pt,, 9 for 16 from the line, 14 for 27 overall, less rebounds than Waters.

Reaction Score
FYI Only a couple of games so far, but took note that Waters was 7 for 11 from 3 pt and 12 of 13 from the line. Means he is spotting up from behind the arc but also attacking the paint to get fouled or getting fouled in endgame situations and making clutch free throws. Plus 4.7 rebounds 5 assists, and 2.3 steals per game with 4 Turnovers per game is a pretty good stat line. Diallo I'm sure is athletically spectacular BUT not necessarily more efficient than other top players. 1 for 4 from 3 pt,, 9 for 16 from the line, 14 for 27 overall, less rebounds than Waters.
I only watched one of his games yesterday and he was great. Obviously his size scares people. He looks smaller than Boat. 5'9ish maybe smaller. Despite that I think he can be a very good college player.

Hami's potential is through the roof. He has the ability to be a premier SG in the NBA. When you're blowing teams out stats get kind of convoluted. He has developed a much better shot over the last year.

Reaction Score
I only watched one of his games yesterday and he was great. Obviously his size scares people. He looks smaller than Boat. 5'9ish maybe smaller. Despite that I think he can be a very good college player.

Hami's potential is through the roof. He has the ability to be a premier SG in the NBA. When you're blowing teams out stats get kind of convoluted. He has developed a much better shot over the last year.

With Diallo's athleticism and ability to get to the line, and KO's history of creating great FT shooters, it seems like a perfect match.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Are we still on Trevon Duvall? There's been some tweets and crystal ball picks for him to Nova lately. I like his game and remember Ollie offered him.

Reaction Score
Are we still on Trevon Duvall? There's been some tweets and crystal ball picks for him to Nova lately. I like his game and remember Ollie offered him.
I'm sure we offered and are on his list, but I don't know how serious we are. He's arguably the top player in the class and definitely the top PG. I'm expecting him to end up at Duke, UK, or Zona. IMO he shouldn't be a big priority, considering we've got a great shot with MAL, a top 40 player in his own right who would probably be around 3 years

Reaction Score
With Diallo's athleticism and ability to get to the line, and KO's history of creating great FT shooters, it seems like a perfect match.

But Kansas already has a jersey with his name on it

Diallo_jersey_t300x154.jpg

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm sure we offered and are on his list, but I don't know how serious we are. He's arguably the top player in the class and definitely the top PG. I'm expecting him to end up at Duke, UK, or Zona. IMO he shouldn't be a big priority, considering we've got a great shot with MAL, a top 40 player in his own right who would probably be around 3 years
I just don't seem to get why those kids are the ones we always back off on and the same 4 other schools (Zona for sake) are always involved. He seemed to be happy with his offer when he got it, is relatively local and Ollie started with a good report with him.

Reaction Score
If Vital does commit, I can't see a scenario where MAL would go to UConn. With Vital there'd already be 3 PG's (JA, AG, CV). Why would MAL join a very crowded backcourt when he can step right in and be the man at Providence. Think about it, if you were a top 10 PG, would you commit to a school that already has 3 PG's on their roster? I really really want MAL but don't see him coming if we get Vital.

Reaction Score
I just don't seem to get why those kids are the ones we always back off on and the same 4 other schools (Zona for sake) are always involved. He seemed to be happy with his offer when he got it, is relatively local and Ollie started with a good report with him.
If I wasn't so confident I'd definitely agree with you here. But, because I think we will get Aston-Langford, I personally don't see the reason to get super-involved with another PG. Would I love Duval? Certainly. But recruiting is a game of efficiency. IMO, we should get a top level talent at Point in MAL, and therefore any other effort spent on PGs is not efficient. Time put into recruiting Duval hard would be more efficiently used on a wing or four, like Jermaine Samuels or the 2 kids from Florida.

I want Vital too but I think he's more 2 than 1. That's why I don't think his decision would impact MAL.

EDIT: IMHO the perfect 17-18 backcourt is something like this:

So. Gilbert PG
Jr. Adams PG/SG
Fr. Diallo SG/SF

Fr. Ashton-Langford PG
So. Vital SG

Reaction Score
If Vital does commit, I can't see a scenario where MAL would go to UConn. With Vital there'd already be 3 PG's (JA, AG, CV). Why would MAL join a very crowded backcourt when he can step right in and be the man at Providence. Think about it, if you were a top 10 PG, would you commit to a school that already has 3 PG's on their roster? I really really want MAL but don't see him coming if we get Vital.
Yeah, MAL's AAU coach has already gone on record saying that he always tells his players playing time is the most important factor when making a decision. We get Vital in 2016, it would not surprise me to see MAL go to Providence and UConn end up with someone like Nate Pierre Louis.

Reaction Score
Jalen could leave after this year IMO. Has Ideal size for a PG and showed his talents at the end of last season. Definitely not a sure thing, but a possibility

Reaction Score
Jalen could leave after this year IMO. Has Ideal size for a PG and showed his talents at the end of last season. Definitely not a sure thing, but a possibility

I really doubt he leaves after this year. I think after his JR year maybe. My bottom-line: I'd be OK missing out on Vital and getting MAL in 2017. MAL is nasty and we'd be really missing out on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom