Serious Michigan question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Serious Michigan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot. Think Big Ten.

Are you even a UConn fan? I understand we're all looking for blood here but to continue to attack UConn fans on this board is just dumb. Many people have pointed out something that is very clear, stadiums across the country have fans who leave early in large amounts and it has nothing to do with CR Here's a picture of a Maryland game. Their empty stadium didn't seem to hurt their move to the B1G. I could find one of Syracuse and Pitt football games too if you'd like. Seems like they moved up to the ACC just fine.
A76yNHECQAAgKii1_thumb.png

Reaction Score
Are you even a UConn fan? I understand we're all looking for blood here but to continue to attack UConn fans on this board is just dumb. Many people have pointed out something that is very clear, stadiums across the country have fans who leave early in large amounts and it has nothing to do with CR Here's a picture of a Maryland game. Their empty stadium didn't seem to hurt their move to the B1G. I could find one of Syracuse and Pitt football games too if you'd like. Seems like they moved up to the ACC just fine.

I got into a conversation about fans leaving early with a Texas fan, and he said it happens down there too.

Reaction Score
I got into a conversation about fans leaving early with a Texas fan, and he said it happens down there too.

It's probably less noticeable when some fans leave a 100,000 seat stadium compared to a 40,000 seat stadium.

Think NFL.

Reaction Score
It's probably less noticeable when some fans leave a 100,000 seat stadium compared to a 40,000 seat stadium.

Think NFL.
If I remember correctly there were 113090 fans there when we played Michigan. 40k fans could leave that stadium and it would still look full.

Speaking of the NFL, the new Giants Stadium (will never call it the Meadowlands or Metlife) was designed with fan attendance in mind. Each seat is a different shade of grey in order to make empty seats appear as if though someone where occupying that seat.

Reaction Score
Fixed it for ya.
I have been to every single game at Memorial Stadium and Rentschler field since 1991 and have left early once. The thanksgiving weekend game against S Florida. I left because I had the flu and was feeling extremely nauseous. Based on what happened when I got home, the fans that sat in front of me were lucky I left.

Reaction Score
Whatever makes you feel better.
So let me get this straight...you say NOTHING about me leaving a PSU game at halftime yet would slam me if I said I left a UCONN game in the 4th qtr..(I stay till 0:00 is on the clock at every UCONN game I have gone to). Hey troll news flash for you..my friends had PSU season tkts for 12 years and have been going to game for 20+...the comment made to me at the half of the game in which we left to head back to the rv was "this is nothing..this place empties out like this at the half all the time"...same with it being empty at the start. Go spout your bs elsewhere!

Reaction Score
I have been to every single game at Memorial Stadium and Rentschler field since 1991 and have left early once. The thanksgiving weekend game against S Florida. I left because I had the flu and was feeling extremely nauseous. Based on what happened when I got home, the fans that sat in front of me were lucky I left.
Relax, dont have a Devlin ("Just Go With It" reference).

Reaction Score
If MD students still sit whe they did when my brother went there in the mid 90's...the lower section of seats straight across in that picture (behind the visitors bench) are student seats..no assigned seat on your ticket seats are 1st come 1st served. The more tickets they sold to students, the more they moved around the lower bowl behind the endzone to the left.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fans leave almost every building early if it's a blow-out.

Might be a shock to our egos, but we did not invent arriving late or leaving early. A cautious arrival and a hasty exit has been in our DNA since we were fish.

That said, free tee-shirts handed out at the exits after the final horn. (To alleviate bottle-necks, they'll all be XL - wash 'em twice if they're too big. Have a salad if it's too small.)

People would sit through a bleacher fire if it meant a free t-shirt at the end of the game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
48-13 Michigan. And, no, I will not stay in my seat until the end should this happen. I'm one of those "I never leave early" types until this season too. I stayed until the end for Towson but left with 1 minute to go last night (my interaction with a few drunk Maryland fans sullied my mood). My guess is that as this season slowly flushes down the toilet, the incentive for fans to stay until the end of games will go down with it. What a nightmare of a season.

I think it's funny that you talk about leaving a game early, and then end your post with "Think B1G". Why should the Big Ten consider a team whose fans are already predicting that they will leave early after a brutal loss to one of their teams. You are one of the reasons that the Big Ten won't take UConn seriously.

Oh good, more of this. And from a newcomer, no less. I'm so so so sorry Rogerd1, king of the fans but not king of reading comprehension. Should (should) UCONN lose big to Michigan, and if you have seen any UCONN games this season nothing (NOTHING) points to the game going otherwise, I will be leaving early. I will not be alone either. Should (should) the game stay close or see UCONN in the lead, then I will not be leaving early. But please tell me how UCONN is going to win this game. I'm all ears. Our best big playmaker is doubtful for the game after pulling his hammy against Maryland, our terrible OL is going to be Towson bad with Hemingway in the starting 5, and, oh yeah, we still have Paul Pasqualoni and George DeLeone coaching our guys. Our team lost to a Towson (TOWSON) team that was more physical than us and a Maryland (MARYLAND) team that was much faster than us.

The "Think B1G" portion is a tagline that I added a long time ago...not "part of my post". One game against Michigan is not going to determine whether or not the B1G will consider UCONN in the future. I believe it's going to be a 3-5 year timeline. UCONN first has to gain AAU acceptance (very close), increase their endowment to $1B (not so close) but hired an aggressive fundraiser from Emory, re-establish MBB as a top 10 program post-APR mess (good first step last year winning 20 games), continue WBB dominance and growing our other programs (baseball, soccer, hockey, etc), and become competitive in football once again (MUST fire Pasqualoni and DeLeone and get back on the "fastest growing program" track).

As you can see by my avatar, I stayed until the end for the Towson game. Were you there? Are you even a UCONN fan?? Stop coming to our board with your foolish and uninformed posts attacking UCONN fans about their fandom. If you want to take a stab at convincing me how this game won't be in the 48-13 Michigan range, go for it. I want to believe they can win but c'mon man. After watching both games this year, it's a tough sell. But if you just want to come on our board and troll, then please go away. You are one of the reasons why I am glad this board as an "ignore" button.

Reaction Score
The only games I leave the Rent early is when I bring my oldest son, who is now 6, to the games because he simply can’t make it through a full game. Going with a friend for the Michigan game and I will stay for it all because 1) UConn may not see a team like Michigan visit again for a long time, 2) the slight chance that Manuel will fire PP and GDL on the spot when the lock hits 0, and 3) I expect traffic to be very light at the end of the game L

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They're dropping at least 40 on us? 50?

What incentive can the school offer to get people to stay until the end so the program doesn't go into complete implosion mode on national television? $100 Subway card raffle? Husky prize pack?

Why does every thread lately end up being a vehicle for attendance resumes? Staying until the end of the game does not determine your degree of fandom.

I brought this up in a different post, but it applies to the hijacked portion of this thread as well. I was watching the Tigers/Red Sox game a couple weeks ago where the Sox just beat the snot out of Detroit. The score was 20-4, but I went to bed at 9-4. Did I like the offensive display? Sure. Was it even better that my favorite team was the one laying the wood? Absolutely. Was I entertained? Not enough to not get a good night sleep for the following day.

It has to do with being entertained. Granted I'll pay more attention and for longer if I'm in physical attendance at the venue, but it still. The more I'm entertained, the longer you'll hold my attention and I suspect it is the same with 98.453% of sports fans. How do you entertain me, make the game at least competitive.

P.S. For the record, there are at least two cases of Michigan fans leaving the Big House early documented on Youtube. I suspect there are more as well.

Reaction Score
No, it doesn't happen everywhere. But you can keep being surprised when other teams are selected by top conferences over UConn. And I'm not the one putting the fans down, these were UConn fans that were admitting that they have no interest in staying at a game, if the team is doing poorly.

OK rogertard I am sick of newbies coming on board spouting off on something they know nothing about. You have not answered whether or not you are a UConn fan. So you are the biggest loser, you are going on ignore.

Reaction Score
OK rogertard I am sick of newbies coming on board spouting off on something they know nothing about. You have not answered whether or not you are a UConn fan. So you are the biggest loser, you are going on ignore.

No, I have never been a UConn fan, but my niece started there last month, and I told her I'd become one. I've been a college football fan my whole life, and now have nieces at UConn and Ohio State. I told both of them that I would follow their teams, and intend to do so. I have not been to games at either location, but would like to. If I go to a game there, I can promise that I will stay to the end, regardless of the score. I have never left a game early, and wouldn't start now.

Reaction Score
No, I have never been a UConn fan, but my niece started there last month, and I told her I'd become one. I've been a college football fan my whole life, and now have nieces at UConn and Ohio State. I told both of them that I would follow their teams, and intend to do so. I have not been to games at either location, but would like to. If I go to a game there, I can promise that I will stay to the end, regardless of the score. I have never left a game early, and wouldn't start now.

Actually we'd rather you didn't come to a game and become a fan of UConn. We don't need another idiot. Really...don't bother.

Reaction Score
Actually we'd rather you didn't come to a game and become a fan of UConn. We don't need another idiot. Really...don't bother.

Actually, now I'm looking forward to it. It might be fun to be the last fan in the stadium mid way through the third quarter. Except for the other team's fans of course.

Reaction Score
But you have to admire a fan base that comes out to defend the practice of leaving the games early. Bo Pelini's head would explode.

Reaction Score

What a great idea. You can't consistently sell out a 40,000 seat stadium and your position is "we don't need or want new UConn fans". We're good with the 280 loyal fans we have.

Reaction Score
One really great design point about Rentschler is that it is really easy to get big crowds in and out of the stadium easily. If you compare it to lots of other facilities, people move remarkably quickly. Alas, when you have a team like this it doesn't encourage th ecowd to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom